Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Are you a "Tiki Snob"?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 154 replies

On 2007-09-27 23:42, GROG wrote:

On 2007-09-27 22:32, Bora Boris wrote:
Jungle Trader the pleasure was all mine.

He must have shown you his 6 foot penis.

I think he did more than show...

But on-topic: I don't you're a snob if you don't like it when people come in and think they own they place because it's all new. When you go over to someone house for the first time, do you start cooking (your food) with their pots and pans (let's hope it's not meat in a veggie household) without asking, or use their toothbrush? That's good way not to be invited (or wanted) back.

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-09-28 07:56 ]

J

On 2007-09-28 07:55, Haole'akamai wrote:
But on-topic: I don't you're a snob if you don't like it when people come in and think they own they place because it's all new. When you go over to someone house for the first time, do you start cooking (your food) with their pots and pans (let's hope it's not meat in a veggie household) without asking, or use their toothbrush? That's good way not to be invited (or wanted) back.

Hey, TWB said you gave him permission to use the "veggie" grill to cook my chicken skewers! :blush:

O

Does a frog bump his ass a hoppin?

On 2007-09-28 12:08, JenTiki wrote:

On 2007-09-28 07:55, Haole'akamai wrote:

Hey, TWB said you gave him permission to use the "veggie" grill to cook my chicken skewers!

yep, TWB asked first.

TG

On 2007-09-29 13:03, Ojaitimo wrote:
Does a frog bump his ass a hoppin?

Not a tree frog. They don't have wings, but they do manage to go from branch to branch and tree to tree with their cheeks in tact. They taste like chicken. Not the whole frog. Just their cheeks.

O

Sabu makes these "Secret Sabu Chicken" on a stick. Hmmmm

G

When did this thread derail and self-destruct? I say we put it out of its misery.

T

I was just going to leave it alone because it's illustrating my point so nicely.

On 2007-10-02 09:14, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I was just going to leave it alone because it's illustrating my point so nicely.

You know, your are right. I am never surprised at how you start something with all the best intentions in the world, only to have it come crashing down around you!

Attention everyone; focus on the subject at hand-Tiki snobs; are you one? If so, why? If not, why? It appears I am leaning towards the snob side. :)

PTD

Maybe Im a tiki snob, what of it????

Im definetly a Rum snob.

I hate Horrible drinks that people think are good.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2007-10-02 10:26, bigtikidude wrote:
Maybe Im a tiki snob, what of it????

Im definetly a Rum snob.

I hate Horrible drinks that people think are good.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ah, but the question therein lies; do you like good drinks that people think are Horrible?

As far as being a tiki snob~Okay by me!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-10-02 11:21 ]

O

On 2007-09-26 18:05, Tiki-Kate wrote:
If all you post is fluff, what are you honestly adding to the site? Humor does not count as fluff if it's actually funny to other people.

Sorry all for trying to be funny while answering the question “Are you a tiki snob?”
Yes and I actually thought I was being funny while admitting that I was.
Some of the rest of you (you know who you are) need to read the rules better.
If you read rule 55 it states “ Humor as fluff will not be tolerated, however it will be graded”

I am a Tiki snob. When someone comes into FI and complains,"It's too dark in here!" I really want tell them they're an idiot. Tiki, to me, is about the natural elements: wood, water, earth, fire. When I see plastic, unnatural items, especially when they're dayglo, I pity the person who thought, Hey, this it cool!" and made it; even more so, I pity the person who thought, Hey, this it cool!" and bought it.

That is definitely a snobbish reaction, but I don't want to be snobbish. It does no good in the end. So what a better way to frame that experience?

I am the Tiki Snob's worst nemesis....the dreaded Mid-century Tiki Dork. I enjoy causing trouble by hating on Shag, would rather have a .99 cent Leilani than a $50 TikiFarm, and completely ignore the carving and craft threads. I know the difference between rattan and bamboo; vintage and "retro"; AND I have a white ceiling...although the walls are aqua. Behold the monster!!

TG

On 2007-10-02 12:55, Haole'akamai wrote:
I am a Tiki snob. When someone comes into FI and complains,"It's too dark in here!" I really want tell them they're an idiot. Tiki, to me, is about the natural elements: wood, water, earth, fire. When I see plastic, unnatural items, especially when they're dayglo, I pity the person who thought, Hey, this it cool!" and made it; even more so, I pity the person who thought, Hey, this it cool!" and bought it.

That is definitely a snobbish reaction, but I don't want to be snobbish. It does no good in the end. So what a better way to frame that experience?

I'm not convinced. I can tell from pics and countless other perspectives presented on TC that FI has put a lot of time, thought, and effort into developing its ambience, and continues to do so (e.g., Project X or whatever the juke box project was called). When someone comes in who doesn't get it and is critical, it pisses you off. That doesn't make you a snob. And if you call the person, "hepa," they might think that's cool, too, that you have given them a tiki name even though you would be calling them an idiot in Hawai'ian. :)

Someone who thinks their dayglo trinket is cool and is just like your real tiki stuff needs to be educated for their own sake, so they don't unnecessarily embarass themselves on your watch. If they still could care less, that's their problem not yours. In any case, it does not make you a snob. And just because they need educating doesn't make it your job to be the one to do so.

BTW, isn't it kinda dark in here?

Sheesh. Spelling.

[ Edited by: The Gnomon 2007-10-02 13:26 ]

K

To flip the topic around a bit, how virulent is anti-tiki snobbishness amongst those interested in Mid-Century design? I ask because I picked up a copy of Atomic Ranch magazine today, and was surprised by the total lack of Poly Pop items in both the featured houses and ads in the magazine. In addition, there are a couple of mildly snotty remarks about tiki in the articles.

I guess I'm naive - I thought anyone interested in Mid Century design would have some Poly Pop amongst the Eames furniture and bubble lamps. Is Poly Pop all or nothing? Is the only choice for most people a wall of Tiki mugs and Witco or a sparse ash shelving with a couple of Danish vases?

M

Among Eichler owners, there is almost a rabid "thou shalt only decorate with Danish modern" or the Eichler Gestapo will get you. Face it. There are people who get their jollies by proving how much they know and who see sneering at Poly Pop as a way to prove they are conisseurs. I have friends who are Eichler owners--they are much more reasonable than some--and I remember saying to them that I wanted to take an Eichler floorplan and expand it to 3000 square feet. I recall the utter horror of (1) building a fake Eichler and (2) expanding it for today's living.

Tiki is a subset of Midcentury Modern. Tiki snobs like Midcentury Modern snobs really deserve the middle finger--in my opinion--because they are incapable of grasping that what they are into is meant to be enjoyed and that as hobbyists--for lack of better term--they are ambassadors of knowledge to those who have no desire to be as gonzo crazy on the topic.

I don't subscribe to Atomic Ranch because it comes across more like an autopsy of museum pieces rather than a presentation of houses that are enjoyed and cherished.

I am of the same opinion as Koolau & mzoltarp. It is important to have folks that are eclectic in collecting, as well as purists. I think you will find snobs and non-snobs in both groups.

I very much admire the purists for their vast knowledge and great collections. If you have the finances to support highly priced, rare pieces, then bless you for keeping these treasures for future generations of collectors. If you capture the rare collectible for a bargain, then hats off to you for the ability to seek and secure in the wild. I am in awe of your dedication to maintaining standards in your collecting, and whether you are a snob or a non-snob, you are the critical link to history and collecting would not be where it is for tiki or modern (or any genre) if it weren't for you.

Eclecticism is an art too, whether you do it with genuine pieces or reproductions, it is all in the display. Blending of ages is not appreciated by everyone, but those that do like it have a passion for the way their collections make them feel (just like the purists). Some folks are very knowledgeable about many different genres and can be excellent resources to other collectors.

It is great when people can get past the various styles of collecting and have respect for the "collector" in general. Sharing your knowledge with others helps to encourage collecting on all levels.

I do try to keep an open mind to the diversity of collecting, so consider myself a non-snob...even if I am a fluffy poster. I do use the search option, am a posting addict, and a hopeless Internet shopper (daayum those TC adds...LOL). :)

As a mid-century collector I can see both sides of what you guys are talking about. My tiki stuff is relegated to just one room and one part of my backyard, the rest of my house is a combination of Danish modern, Hollywood regency, and Googie boomerang. There are people out there who have all the "right" furniture..you know, the Noguchi glass table, Eames chair, blah blah but their decorator bought them at Design Within Reach..ugh I personally hate that. I love Danish modern but I'm not going to pay top dollar for it when I can find Moller chairs at Goodwill for $10 bucks each. I collect all sorts of "junk" from the era-my $35 knock-off Eames lounge and ottoman sits next to my collection of Dream Pets..they get along nicely. As for Atomic Ranch..give it another chance. They are going to do a 2 part series on "blue collar" ranches . They spent 5 hours photographing all my junk so you will see that not all mid-century collectors live in a tomb.

TG

I guess there won't be too many takers here for these. :lol:

On 2007-10-03 13:26, The Gnomon wrote:

I may have an ultra white ceiling, but if never, ever having one of those burning my retinas out means I am a tiki snob, sign me up!

Do you find these in "Tiki Bargain Basement" in Hell? In fact, if not owning one of these means I have to eat the salvaged bag of Meow Mix on the left in the picture, I am willing to do it!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-10-03 16:58 ]

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-10-03 17:00 ]

TG

On 2007-10-03 16:56, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Do you find these in "Tiki Bargain Basement" in Hell? In fact, if not owning one of these means I have to eat the salvaged bag of Meow Mix on the left in the picture, I am willing to do it!

When I see something like that I feel so sorry for the plastic that got trapped into becoming such a monstrosity. Doesn't it make you wonder about whoever thought it was a good idea to make them, and then make you wonder about the store buyer who agreed. Painful sight ain't it.

Tiki Snobbery, Owning the Hard cover or soft cover Book of Tiki? :wink:

K

Cheekytiki - Tiki Snobbery is owning both the hard cover and soft cover Book of Tiki, and never having read either.

On 2007-10-03 13:26, The Gnomon wrote:

...nonsense!! i'll take 2!!!...one to shit on and one to cover it up with!!!

...other than that, i would love to join in this discussion, but i am too much of a tiki snob to partake in a thread about tiki snobs!!

O

Sam's Seafood

Oh, sorry, I thought this was the photo association thread.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-10-30 06:01 ]

(Timo, you're so underappreciated...)

Playing at being a Snob (any kind of Snob) is fun. BEING a Snob is something else altogether. Tiki can either be locked in the Past -- "Oh no, Lionel, that's NOT tiki at all...", or it can be a living phenomenon, that continues to evolve, and embrace new interpretations and celebrations. Snobs kill anything their 'Safety Group' doesn't recognize or approve of. And they're almost universally outdated and rightfully refuted one generation later.

I've seldom viewed any post on TC that's been made by a certifiable Snob. Much to my delight. Real Snobs killed TV BH 90210, 'cause they just didn't get it.

Have mercy on the Bohemians, Ohana. Most of us are among them.

SOK

(BTW, Got the hardcover... :wink:

H
hewey posted on Tue, Oct 30, 2007 4:49 AM

I'd buy them :D some fleckstone paint, cut out the eyes and mouth, instant budget candle holders. But as I said earlier, Im a tiki slut :D :lol:

I do have some plastic tiki mugs (for my wicker picnic set), but I made sure I got some plain brown ones. oh yeh, they hold a LOT of drink :D :D :D

i'd love to see you put a candle in a plastic bucket hewey!!...place them all around the interior of your home!! LOL

For some reason the photo of the plastic mugs in the bargain bin is very charming to me.

Duane you are too nice a guy to be a snob...A collector YES...A snob NO!!!!!!

B

Son-of-Kelbo wrote

Have mercy on the Bohemians, Ohana. Most of us are among them.

Huh? What did I do now? well I'm sure I am in need of mercy either way.

As far as being a Tiki snob, I'm still learnin' so have not reached the top of any ivory tiki tower to be able to gaze down on those less knowledgeable. If I think it's cool I'll go for it regardless of whether it's "Pure" or "Traditional" and I could care less what anyone else thinks. My friend used to carve tiki's and would adorn some of them with dayglo paint. Some screamed foul and taboo but who cares, it was fun, some people liked them and after a few drinks they looked fine. I can forgive bad taste but not rotten personalities, judgmental airs or assumed haughtiness.

Besides, It's a bit hard to be a snob when your wearing an obnoxious Hawaiian shirt and drinking something that has a small fruit buffet and an umbrella attached to it.

On 2007-10-02 23:34, Koolau wrote:
To flip the topic around a bit, how virulent is anti-tiki snobbishness amongst those interested in Mid-Century design? I ask because I picked up a copy of Atomic Ranch magazine today, and was surprised by the total lack of Poly Pop items in both the featured houses and ads in the magazine. In addition, there are a couple of mildly snotty remarks about tiki in the articles.

I guess I'm naive - I thought anyone interested in Mid Century design would have some Poly Pop amongst the Eames furniture and bubble lamps. Is Poly Pop all or nothing? Is the only choice for most people a wall of Tiki mugs and Witco or a sparse ash shelving with a couple of Danish vases?

They did Bongofury's home. Pure, A-1 tiki:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16251&forum=1

I'm part of a group of MCM fans in Houston now; I've met a wonderful new friend who admits a love for tiki that he knows would horrify the purists! He doesn't even let them see his home (or the part where his small collection is stored)! But that kind of pure snobbery is hilarious to me! Anyone who can be THAT petty (to disdain someone for liking something from the required time period but that is out of the MCM accepted boundaries) - well, they just make me giggle.

Of course, those people only buy $2000+ chairs and such (and can afford them).
Me, I'm beside myself with my Bali Hai Tiki Bob for $7.50, and my black velvet nude Asian leaning against a Moai. But I did fork over some bucks for a Hey-Wake dining table.

This reminds me of a group of music buffs back in Georgia. They loved mid-late '60's music, but if it was after, like August 11, 1967, 2:30 PM or whatever, it was a BIG no-no. So after the acceptable Mod band would play, if the totally rockin' Woggles came on, the perfectly-mini-skirted and tight-suited pants set would leave the room.
The Mod Nazis, we dubbed them.

They too make me giggle.

This isn't to say I'll allow any of that plastic "tiki" sh*t in my house.
No way.
But when the sister-in-law or well-meaning friend gives it to me, what can I do?!
Crap
So it stays in the back shelf of a closet, behind other stuff, and I tell myself, "Oh, maybe it would be useful for a pool party....if I had a pool...and I were willing to serve my friends in something so ugly....which is never..."

But I will make the distinction between Mod Nazis or MCM hyper-purists who dislike something from the same time period as their "thing," from a tiki purist collector who says that something old is preferable to something new. Or something handmade is better than mass-produced. Or something ceramic than plastic. Or an old PNG piece vs. airport pieces in Bali. I like Tipsy McStagger's norm: if it would go inside an old Trader Vic's, ok. I try to stick with that (but I break it often. So sue me. I have lots of hula girls. And some mugs by SHAG, Munktiki, Tiki Farm, etc.). The bulk of my stuff would fit in a Trader Vics or the Mai Kai. That opens the door for "Trader" and nautical decor which, as BigBro will say, is not tiki officially but is highly compatible with tiki. I like my fishing nets, floats, shells and huge chunks of coral, and I think they beautifully complement my ceramic and wooden tikis.

So I believe there is room for discrimination. Having discriminating taste is a good thing. Munktiki IS better than Big Lots. Forbidden Island is WAY better than Bikini Bobs or whatever. Fresh-squeezed is better than canned. Shaheen over.... Hell, nothing comes close to Shaheen.

Let us thank our lucky stars that NOT everyone does prefer Munktiki, Forbidden Island and...well, everyone should prefer fresh squeezed or he's a dumbass. Paul and Stuckey could not crank out enough mugs, and we couldn't all fit inside FI if the yahoos didn't prefer that which most of us here consider inferior.

Discriminatingly yours,
Formikahini

Feast your eyes on the breath-taking tiki crapsmanship that went into this baby.

This greeted me upon entering my local Giant Food store. In case you can't tell from the pic, it is smooth shiny plastic all around.

*Disclaimer: No tiki snobs were injured during the posting of this picture.

PTD

yes I am a snob, just wish I had the cool stuff, the tiki snobs do.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'm too much of a neophyte to be a tiki snob. The only things I've passed over were due to price or poor quality. I can only imagine what most of you would say if you saw some of the stuff in my little tiki, uh, nook (doesn't anyone else collect coconut monkeys...), but I'm just trying to fill space and create an atmosphere. I got bit by the tiki bug when I was planning a tiki party, so I ended up buying a ton of cheap and cheerful crap from dollar/party stores just to make sure the party could be saturated with decorations and all my friends could have colorful drinking vessels. Here's an example that I now hide under the bar:

Yes, this classy ice bucket set me back about $18. I guess I've reached the point where I can comfortably snub cheap party store decorations. But I'm not willing to part with the ice bucket - I paid too much for it! But like anything I've taken interest in, I will eventually become a snob when I feel that I know more about it than all my friends. That said, being a part of this group, with most of the important figures in current Tiki Pop culture as members, will likely always keep me humble.

S

Tiki discriminating or discriminatory? Former, certainly. Later, on occasion. If they made better stuff, I wouldn't have to snub! Someone get to China and show them the way!

On 2008-04-23 08:29, Brandomoai wrote:
I'm too much of a neophyte to be a tiki snob. The only things I've passed over were due to price or poor quality. I can only imagine what most of you would say if you saw some of the stuff in my little tiki, uh, nook (doesn't anyone else collect coconut monkeys...), but I'm just trying to fill space and create an atmosphere. I got bit by the tiki bug when I was planning a tiki party, so I ended up buying a ton of cheap and cheerful crap from dollar/party stores just to make sure the party could be saturated with decorations and all my friends could have colorful drinking vessels. Here's an example that I now hide under the bar:

Yes, this classy ice bucket set me back about $18. I guess I've reached the point where I can comfortably snub cheap party store decorations. But I'm not willing to part with the ice bucket - I paid too much for it! But like anything I've taken interest in, I will eventually become a snob when I feel that I know more about it than all my friends. That said, being a part of this group, with most of the important figures in current Tiki Pop culture as members, will likely always keep me humble.

Brandmoai,

You might find this topic helpful:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27011&forum=5&26

I, through the assistance of many cultured and finessed tiki aficionados on this fine site helped my see the error of my ways!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and the medication is not helping)!

I guess I'm a Tiki Snob because I waited until this thread had been dead for several days before posting a reply.

One of the things that attracted me to tiki culture was its lack of snobbishness. As I see it, it's all about having fun, not who has the rarest mug. My collection mixes everything from rare artist editions and long-dead tiki restaurant mugs to cheap souvenir mugs I picked up for $3.95.

I know some of the younger people who are into tiki culture see it as a hip, ironic post-modern comment on Mid-Century American popular culture, but for those of us who are around my age (57) it's also about nostalgia. I actually remember my parents taking me to these places when I was a kid, getting a sticky sweet drink in a tiki mug with a paper parasol and dining on "Polynesian Chicken" -- bits of processed chicken meat stir fried with canned pineapple chunks -- and thinking that this was the most exotic, magical place I'd been.

Before I got into tiki culture, I lived in a condo with sleek Scandinavian furniture and off-white walls to show off my collection of fine contemporary art -- paintings, prints and photos -- that I had carefully selected over the years, with a few tasteful, objet d'art scattered around the tasteful, uncluttered surfaces. But after a while this got to be boring for me, and now the tiki lounge in my rec room is crowded with framed posters, reproductions and Mid-Century tiki and science fiction kitsch along with a smattering of fine art left over from my art collecting days, and it's a lot more fun.

The only time I experienced tiki snobs was when my wife and I were in Oakland last September, while my wife's sister was dying at her home in Piedmont. We took my wife's parents for a terrific dinner at the Conga Lounge (excellent Italian food from the Cafe Rustica kitchen downstairs -- how's that for "not-tiki," but we couldn't have cared less).

My wife's parents grew up with Trader Vic and knew him well. The owner of CL stopped to chat with us and invited us to come back the next evening when the local tikiphiles were gathering, just a day or two before the outdoor tiki sale at Forbidden Island. My wife and I showed up at the appointed time and found all of the tikiphiles gathered on one side of the room with all their chairs arranged in a tight circle. We went over to introduce ourselves, only to find that no one would make room for us to sit down, and they immediately went back to their conversations and ignored our presence entirely. We retreated to the other side of the room and had a drink while my wife struck up a conversation with a Korean woman, a college student who was new to the area, and because her English was rudimentary, barely got out of her room to see the sights. My wife spent the next 30 minutes talking to this woman, giving her tips on places to see and where to go to meet people. Conga Lounge obviously was not the right place for that.

This experience was unique, however. In every other case where we've mixed with tikiphiles, they've been open and friendly, and that was the case at the outdoor tiki sale at Forbidden Island when we turned up there with my wife's parents in tow.

As for white ceilings, if you take a look at the photos of my tiki lounge http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27604&forum=1&15
you'll see some discussion of the paint job. Before we painted the walls I had obtained a sample can of paint that we eventually decided was too light, settling instead on the C2 Wasabi color. But we did use this lighter hue of green on the ceilings.

I suppose anyone could find something about somebody else that is "snobbish" but I think trying to find positive attributes and common ground is much more pleasant! Especially when it comes to tiki stuff... it's supposed to be fun, so people who turn it into something negative are really the ones missing out.

Terra

[ Edited by: Swangulo Tikis 2009-06-16 09:04 ]

I can't be a tiki snob because I have one big problem... I LIKE primary, bright colors. So my collection includes muted and simple authentic tiki as well as the garish Oriental Trading Company style tiki. I love both. As much as I love Bamboo Ben's decorating and designs, I'd get bored after a while, because the traditional look is all earth tones and shades of brown. I'd end up putting a plastic, multi-colored tiki-face trashcan in the corner or something and Ben would never speak to me again. :wink:

To see what MY ideal tiki room looks like, check out Janet's Lanai at Tiki Acres (our ranch in Lockhart, TX). (Although the best of my authentic tiki collection is in my house, leaving the more "festive" pieces, as well as my koi and mermaid opala (junk), to decorate the lanai.)

Good for you Janet! Ya love your opala, and why not!

I found this post as I looked to see how others answered the question, "What is Tiki".

On 2007-09-26 10:05, bigbrotiki wrote:
....WHICH, again, brings up the question if Tiki is a free-for-all, whatever-one-wants-it-to-be style, (...and I know that it is not what you mean, but some people might read it that way)

Because it is definitely not. It is an agreement on a certain stylistic language....and with that, it INCLUDES certain elements, and EXCLUDES others (like white ceilings, perhaps :D ). As mentioned here before a couple of times, a game, to be fun, has to have rules, if these rules go out the window it is not a game worth playing.

Well, that's how I see it...wonder why! :D

I think Tiki is more than the color of the walls or the quality and authenticity of your mug collection. It is an attitude that celebrates the present moment, the here and now without a concern for tomorrow. What makes this attitude unique and somewhat dependent on the trappings that Bigbro would address as fundamental to tiki is a recognition of the savage.

The savage is the most unique aspect of tiki. It is a call to live for the moment without fear or penitence. It is a recognition that life is fragile and at any given moment you might be killed or dismembered by a power far greater than yourself.

And so we drink and dine, surrounded by fire light from torches, listening to deconstructed primitive music while being served by half dressed women, all in the presence of the Tikis who like the slave standing next to the heroic Roman General remind us that soon all of this might be taken away.

Are you a tiki snob? For me, the tiki snob is one who values the tiki for what is seen by the eyes, but fails to embrace the spirit it all represents.

Hell, who knows, maybe I am a snob.

But how many of you have laid a real Maori woman? Let alone two. In a real polynesian village in New Zealand I might add.

Yes. It was fun, scary, and I certainly was living for the moment.

T

great post and I'm not even going to ask you how you go your name Telescope.

then I'm not going to say that in that particular moment, Tele, you WERE tiki.

On 2009-06-15 09:57, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
then I'm not going to say that in that particular moment, Tele, you WERE tiki.

Although, if I get your drift or see my moniker as a metaphor, then in some ways, that would be the definition of tiki - quite literally.

However, my interest in and devotion to researching astrophysics and quantum mechanics is a better explanation.

Nice to see a few more tiki snobs chime in.

But I am wondering where the rest of you are? C'mon...what are you snobbing about in your tiki life?

Something that is labeled "tiki", but in your humble opinion, isn't? Not that I would know?

PTD

Pages: 1 2 3 4 154 replies