Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Smiley and Inky visit New York....Chan's Dragon Inn Feb. 15

Pages: 1 15 replies

Returning to the scene of the crime, former NYC Centralite, Inky, is taking Mr. Smiley to Chan's in Ridgefield next Friday night, to show him how we roll on the Atlantic side.

Any current or past folks wanna join us???

Hey, we met you guys at the Trader Vic's party in Vegas and would love to meet up again! We're driving back home that day from Massachusetts, but let us know what time and we'll try to be there!

P

have fun you guys. i miss you.

On 2008-02-07 20:29, velveteenlounge wrote:
Hey, we met you guys at the Trader Vic's party in Vegas and would love to meet up again! We're driving back home that day from Massachusetts, but let us know what time and we'll try to be there!

Probably around 7 but we are open, what is your schedule? We will pm a phone number!

M

i am THIRSTY!

Dammit! Nicole and I will be in Memphis this weekend.

However, I am sure there are NY/NJ ohana who will want to welcome you back to the chilly east coast!

Have a great time and stay warm. If you lived here before you probably know the best spots, but if you can fit it in, try the drinks at Flatiron Lounge on 19th between 5th and 6th. Their classic cocktails are great and they will usually make a mai tai or zombie if its not already on their changing menu that night.

Aloha! The Mr. and I are always up for ohana gatherings on our side of the river, and we'd love to join you. 7 or so is fine for us.

VL: If you and the Capt. are drivin' down, perhaps we can also do our fabric handoff? LM: Too bad that you and Birdgirl can't make it!

Gina & Damian

Would luv to attend may have to work too late to make food maybe a drink or 2. Keep this thread alive and I'll post closer to the date. I hope to see ALL again!

"We've got to keep meeting like this"

7:00 is probably great for us, so I'll plan on that. Inky, I'm PMing you my phone number, too, and Martiki-bird, I'll bring the fabric.

hey this sounds great! We are flying out tonight and look forward to seeing everybody.

Is anyone interested in sharing a car/cab out there?

let us know, otherwise it's the bus!

well just got home form work 11:30p so I guess I missed it - post pics see ya around!

It was great seeing InkyLouise and MrSmiley while they were in town! Here are a few pix of our journey to Chan's Dragon Inn:

NY/NJ ohana with InkyLouise and MrSmiley

They didn't come alone!

The wahines:

Hopefully we'll see you guys again before too long!

Sorry you couldn't make it, Sneakyjack, we had a seat waiting for you!

We had a good time, and some people went home with some pretty good Chan's swag. If we are to believe the manager, Mr Wong, it's the last of the matchbooks and salt shakers (OMC).

Thanks again to Martiki-Bird and Looie Kalua for driving me back home. Actually afterwards, we kept the party going by heading to Otto's then chilling at Japonais. Thanks guys!

What a great time! Thanks for the hospitality, we love Chans too!

M

Thanks, it was a blast. So nice to hear about all the old tiki places still in existence on the East Coast-and coming away with some souvenirs from the Chan private stash was icing on the cake. ZAZZ!

thanks for thinking of me...
Wish I could have made it... I did actually go on that Sunday ( I know a different day) Good times as always.. Food is great and drinks are great I think the Chans s&p shakers are just stacked down there from Chans secret basement stash - Last time I went I got matchbooks and a coconut mug. But the S&P are very coool from chans.
lets try again to meet up there!

Pages: 1 15 replies