Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Anyone Know About This Restaurant?

Pages: 1 6 replies

Found this ashtray for Pucci's restaurant that has what appears to be a Polynesian style. Any info out there?

I actually have a matchbook from the place. Sorry, no additional info.

Nice find, Bongofury!

I recently found the matchbook myself and it's really got me intrigued. I'm wondering if it didn't have a short life under a different name before it became Pucci's. Luckily the matchbook has an address and I was thinking of taking a little field trip soon to check out the site. Unless anyone lives closer?

Places like this make me wonder how many other joints existed that I don't know about because they didn't have polynesian names. (Kelbo's, Stears, Alfie's, etc.)

Sabu

Thanks Sabu....I have a property inspection in Glendale on tuesday so I might swing by there on the way...probably gone as most of that area has seen a lot of commercial redevlopment......

On 2003-02-23 10:22, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Places like this make me wonder how many other joints existed that I don't know about because they didn't have polynesian names. (Kelbo's, Stears, Alfie's, etc.)

]

Chef Shangri-La... Minnie's... La Mariana... Omni Hut... Papyrus (circa 1994!)... Camelot Resort... Alibi Lounge...

and dare I say it: Cheeseburger at the Oasis!

I think this place was torn down in the 80's to make way for the Porshe Dealership. From What I remember it was originally a knock off of Don the Beachcomber and then changed names many times. From what I remember the building was there a long time but the Polynesian restauraunt only lasted until the 70's. But my memory of 70's Tiki is wanning.

Thanks to all that replied....went by there today... it's a big outdoor type mall (California Pizza Kitchen, etc.).... also a couple blocks down the street where Bora Bora was(16240 Ventura Blvd.)...is a restaurant called Steve's Place...that is now for lease...all so sad....

Pages: 1 6 replies