Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Vermont's 1st ever Tiki Train !

Pages: 1 2 76 replies

HC

here's a Toll free # to get tickets as well 1-800-707-3530
Hula Cat

S

If anyone has a seat in their car from the Boston area that could possibly squeeze in one gal with a suitcase full of flowers, I'd be much obliged... PM me!

Suzanne

HC

Aloha!
Train tikification happens on Friday afternoon.....looks like I'll be pulling a lot of stuff outta the shop window and such ....lets see how much I can cram in those train cars in three hours!! Perhaps I should put paddles outside the windows (like a tubular galley!)...the route does take us along a river!...will everyone on the have to drink the same cocktail to keep us from going in circles?.... "Charlie on the MTA"
...."did they ever return-did they ever return"......NOW that's TIKI!!
See ya' Saturday!! Train actually leaves the station about 4 PM (more time to get drinks ,food and settled in (I think Tiki good times should always be flexible).
"When they were handing out brains ,you thought they said TRAINS and you took the first one out of town!" (something my dad always said to me) hmmmmm?... could this be what he ment? Hula Cat-Greg yeah , I'm losing it

you guys are going to have a great time - lots of photos please!

J

Oh yes, there will be photos. Maybe even some video too. Stay tuned!!!

jpmartdog and Suzanne - Santa is coming early this year. Check your PMs.

S

Wheeee!

Thanks!

Suzanne

On 2008-04-15 14:47, jpmartdog wrote:
I want to go so baaaaaaad
It's so hard to get to without a drivers license though. I checked amtrak schedules and the only train in gets in about 4o mins after the tiki train leaves.. doh!

J :)

I didn't check the Amtrak schedule, but did you notice the Tiki Train leaves at 4-ish, and I'm sure Hula Cat would be willing to hold it for you if necessary...it's a leisurely tour. Or maybe you and Suzanne could rent a car and come up that way.

Can't wait to meet all you fine folks tomorrow!

HC

Aloha ! one more day! "and the wayward sound of the outward bound " can become a reality. of course the haunting sound of a couch shell would make a perfect "ALL ABOARD" ...Tim??

SOOOOOOOOO What's the best hotel/motel/guest house to stay inn on Saturday night ??? Where is the after event/crawl gonna happen?

ALSO - what's the dresscode.... is the casual, beachcomber shorts and samdals look cool for the 1940's ambiance of the tiki train ..... or should we be dressing the Cary Grant North by Northwest vibe.

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2008-04-18 13:34 ]

On 2008-04-18 12:04, jpmartdog wrote:
SOOOOOOOOO What's the best hotel/motel/guest house to stay inn on Saturday night ??? Where is the after event/crawl gonna happen?

ALSO - what's the dresscode.... is the casual, beachcomber shorts and samdals look cool for the 1940's ambiance of the tiki train ..... or should we be dressing the Cary Grant North by Northwest vibe.

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2008-04-18 13:34 ]

Hey Mr. Artdog! Glad to see that you're going to catch the train. We miss you!

The "official" motel seems to be The Everyday Inn ,Bellows Falls Vt. 802-463-4536

We're staying elsewhere, but I'm sure we'll be up for some post-train activities.

I am also wondering what the dress code is...Hula Cat? Oh Man of Many, Many Outfits, Please Guide Us!

But if I don't hear otherwise, I'm going for more formal than casual ( via a lovely vintage Hawaii-made full-length dress.) Also, the Mr. will be wearing one of his many barkcloth shirts, with khakis and dress shoes.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
~Gina

HC

Aloha!
I'm so excited !
I'll be wearing (at least till I spill something )a mix of formal and retro poly/pop but shorts and a fly aloha shirt or summer dress is equally as right!
really ' some folks are getting their first taste ...so we gotta' give 'em something to be inspired by....weather looks great for the trip ...if you come around 1 or so we could hit my shop for brief spin..
it ain't a party till we all show up!

[ Edited by: Hula Cat 2008-04-18 21:05 ]

Forecast for Bellows Falls, VT - Saturday, April 19, 2008:

"Sunny skies. Warm. High 72F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph."

Cooler in the evening but still expected to be above 60 degrees when the train ride ends.

J

So what you're saying Rev is we're in for perfect Tiki Train weather. YESSS!!!

See you all in VT tomorrow!

Leaving for Vermont shortly - looking forward to this unique creative event! The weather gods are with us too! 70+ degree temps, perfect sunny skies with 100 percent chance of Navy Grogs and Mai Tais - Bring your umbrella. wooo-hoooo. Pardon me boy... is that the Polynesian choo-choo!!!!!!

HC

What?....it's today!...Aloha!

WHOOOHOO chuga...chuga....wa? oooops.

Thanks, Hula Cat, we had a great time...

K

It's hilarious how fast it looks like the train is moving in that video! In reality it was doing about 8-10 MPH. It looks like we're whizzing along.

J

Hula Cat!!! Thanks so much for putting this event together. I had one awesome time man.

I'll have some pics and video up later this evening.

ditto. mahalo. aloha. okunkuloku. ahhhhhhhh.

S

Ditto to that! Hula Cat, you are swell and this was an excellent and very imaginative event. I was very glad to be a part of it! I was also glad to meet more of the NE Ohana... what a swell bunch of folks.

Here are a few photos I took:

Suzanne with Hula Cat:

Tikiphiles waiting to board:

Mikey looking so cool in the window of the train:

Suzanne and jpmartdog:

The band taking pictures with their nifty camera phones:

Lovely Chester Depot:

Suzanne and The Mayor:

Back on the train!

Waitiki:

See tons more here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedivapinup/sets/72157604674104266/

I took some video also. I will try and upload it today.

Hope to see some of you again this weekend on the NETT Jr.!

Suzanne

S

One more! The Mayor signals the return voyage:

HC

Wow! looks like a good time! ..I love the food shots as one usually sees those in the process of being eaten...and now for the next tiki event......Mahalo to all, you are all so worthy!! the Hula Cat

Thanks for a great time, Hula Cat!

(Also big thanks to Waitiki for playing in the sauna car)

J

I've finally got my stuff posted. You can see the video I captured on the train here:
http://www.youtube.com/JohnManTiki

Also my pics are here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/TikiJohnMan/200804AprTikiTrain

Thanks again Hula Cat, WAITIKI and everyone else who made it to the tour. Without all of you it would have been just a train ride.

OKONKULUKU!

great, grEAT PICTURES JOHNMAN! I laughed out loud! Thanks again man, I wish you were coming this weekend! Mucho Mahalo!

S

I managed to post two videos:

Quiet Village:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2smJeTFxa0

Conch Shell Kickoff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I45GoGl5xAw
--Suzanne

Pages: 1 2 76 replies