Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

The Quiet Village podcast

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 344 replies

Thanks guys!! Have a wonderful Holiday season! I'm actually working on future episodes. The next one will be one that I've been wanting to do for quite some time: a feature on Hawaii Calls. Should be out Jan 2!

D

Special Christmas Bonus podcast of 2 full hours of cheesy Christmas lounging just posted!! I wanted to make a podcast that you could just play while you were enjoying the season; you know, baking coockies, decorating the tree, getting hammered!!! Enjoy and have a wonderful Holiday Season!!!!

Awesome, thanks DT. Now I should have plenty of Xmas Xotica to keep me from going insane while the fam is over for the holidays!

Mahalo for the Christmas bonus, nice addition to the season. Keep up the great work. Did I hear Babs rounding out the show?

D

Episode 12 just posted. This one is spotlight on "Hawaii Calls." I was surprised to learn that H.C. has been pretty much under the Tiki radar all this time. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this episode. It is one of my personal favs.

S

What a killer episode. Wow. I really love Hawaii Calls, and LOVE to hear tunes I don't have! What a treat! Great postcards and photos too!

Suzanne

IZ

Digitiki,

I'm really digging the Hawaii Calls show. Excellent work, thanks!

I,Z

M
mick9 posted on Thu, Jan 8, 2009 9:53 AM

Hey Mark I really liked the Christmas bonus and was especially fond of Sammy Davis Jr. and the Conniff singers.Again...thanks. I look forward to all you podcasts.
Michael Wood
Abbotsford BC

D

Mick,
Thanks. I wasn't planning on doing it, but I was home listening to all the cheesey christmas tunes and I thought "what the heck" so I put it together at the last minute.

I,Zombie & Suzanne,
Thanks for the kind words on the HAwaii Calls. You know that was one of the topics I've wanted to do since I first started this podcast. I'm a really big fan of Hawaii Calls and I hope to get more tikiphiles into it. Its amazing becase it was such a big phenom. back when and today, nobody knows it.

MARK

Today I was out on a Thrift Store Vinyl hunt enjoying the Hawaii Calls session and to my suprise what did I find at the Goodwill.....

As a Ukulele player/singer I don't know if I am more pleased with this find or the Alfred Apaka "Hawaiian Favorites" find. On the Back it says he started as the "Voice of Hawaii Calls" in the Spring of 1947.

Thanks DigiTiki for letting me know about all this great music!!!!

[ Edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2009-01-15 16:31 ]

D

Great finds!!!! YEs Apaka was often referred to as "The Voice of Hawaii" too. He was big star on Hawaii Calls.

T

Hey man, just subscribed & really really dig the Hawaii Calls show. I admit to being somewhat ham handed when it comes to technology, I cannot get previous eps to import into itunes. Is there a way to do this? I would like to load 'em all on the pod for a long road trip. Thanks anyhoo, I'll be listenin'

Yes, that's easy:

1. In iTunes, click on the podcast tab in the left hand window pane to see all your podcasts.
  2. There should be a little arrow right next to the title of the podcast "The Quiet Village". Click that arrow and it will rotate and point down, thus showing the episode titles under the Podcast title.
  3. From there, there should be a button that says "Get All" or little "Get" button next to grayed out episode titles.
  4. Click on either to download them.

If you see a button that says, subscribe, that means that iTunes doesn't recognize you as being subscribed to the podcast.

For that, you can find detailed instructions on how to subscribe from the Quiet Village podcast page here: http://www.digitiki.com/subscribe.htm

Drop me a personal message if you continue to have problems with it.

Mahalo,
Mark

Just dashing off a quick first post to say Special Thanks!, Digitiki. I'm really enjoying the QV podcasts -- especially Epi's 12 & 13!

Best Wishes from across the L.A. ether!

D

Thanks Bambu! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I'm hard at work on future episodes as I write this! Stay tuned.

M
mick9 posted on Wed, Feb 4, 2009 7:22 AM

Hi Mark I am having trouble getting podcasts 1 and 3. Have they been removed

D

Mick,
I'm assuming you are using iTunes. You can unsubscribe to the podcast and then resubscribe and hit the REFRESH button. They haven't been removed from the servers so it just could be some glitch.

Another thing with iTunes is that it will sometimes only download a few back issues at a time. You have to click the little GET button next to each grayed out episode to download it.

If you are still having trouble, send me a personal message and let me know and I'll try to help.

Mahalo

M
mick9 posted on Fri, Feb 6, 2009 7:31 AM

Uhhh OK thanks for the help. For some reason when I was getting the new episode I lost 1&3 ,which of course were 2 that I was especially fond of. Sinatras wave on # 1 and walter wanderly on # 3 .Great memories from last summer cruisin with the top down and listening to "the Quite Village" looking forward to the next.

D

Mick,
Were you able to get the files back again? If not, let me know.
Yes, Sinatra's version of Wave is one of my favorites!! Its so smooth.

K
KuKu posted on Sat, Feb 7, 2009 12:00 PM

Hey Mark!
Thanks soooooooo much for making these available! You are my new hero!! I was looking for some new stuff for my long plane ride to da islands tomorrow and just loaded all 14 episodes yesterday and they are awesome!!! I am your newest biggest fan brahdda & I owe ya a drink if we ever meet up. I really look forward to future episodes...
Mucho Mahalos!

D

Thank KuKu!!! I hope the shows kept you entertained on the flight!

D

New episode in the works with guest Squid! Going to post it as soon as I'm done editing the interview. Squid was great, came over to my hut and enjoyed a Quiet Village mai tai with me through the entire show!!!

D

#14 is up ! ! ! !
The multi-talented Squid, visits the Quiet Village for a mai tai or two!!!

Enjoy!

listenin now,

great so far.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

D

By the way Jeff, great job spinnin tunes at the Kona art show on Saturday!!!!!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Mar 2, 2009 3:25 PM

i just jumped on board the quiet village podcast train..It Very entertaining cant wait to continue listening...

On 2009-03-02 13:57, Digitiki wrote:
By the way Jeff, great job spinnin tunes at the Kona art show on Saturday!!!!!

Thanks Digi-tiki,
my pleasure :wink:

I liked the show alot, very nice.

by the way last night(sun.) I recorded a Exotica/Hawaiian/Lounge show.
for Whorehay's Radio free Bakersfield.
and I played 2 tikiyaki songs,(the only band) I did that for.
it will be up on next monday march 9th.
hope you listen to that.
I will post in a seperate thread when its up,
and the track list.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Outstanding episode!

I was just saying the other day, "I like to hear him play some Jerry Byrd" and BANG, you had already included it!

Love the "Tiki Home Companion" stuff with Squid!

Keep up the great work

D

Thanks Granite Tiki! I let Squid pick those tunes and he picked out the Jerry Byrd. I love that album myself. Glad you liked the show! Mahalo for listening!!

MARK

Great show and an awesome episode with Squid! Made my day of rotoscoping go by much nicer! Fantastic podcast!

D

Thanks Suburbanpegan! Maybe I should do a segment called "music to rotoscope by". Thanks for listening!!!! Mahalo

Found some time to relax, have drink and catch up with my digital media kine. Well done Digitiki I really enjoyed virtually hangin with you and da Squid. Funny commercial too! Shootz!

Mahalo for da efforts brah,
Chongolio

D

Chongolio,
Thanks dude!! That's what its all about, just hangin' out....with a mai tai in your hand!

S
squid posted on Mon, Mar 16, 2009 8:18 PM

On 2009-03-09 18:59, suburbanpagan wrote:
Great show and an awesome episode with Squid! Made my day of rotoscoping go by much nicer! Fantastic podcast!

And we all know how painful rotoscoping can be! Why last time I went to the doctor...

Latest episode is real nice... good drink recipe too!

Best,

JT

Mark,

Nice job, really enjoyed that last show. Now if there was only a way of getting your podcast on my iphone.....

:-

Great show Digitiki.
I loved the songs from the out of print cd. Thanks.
I think it was the 1st one you played from that.
made me think it was a lost Robert Drasnin song.
the bongo percussion, and bass thumps sound very similarly recorded.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M
mick9 posted on Thu, Apr 2, 2009 9:10 PM

hey Mark, Excellent podcast, the last was one of my favorites. Any chance you could get that Walter Wanderley tune from # 3 on an upcoming show? Its just podcasts 1 and 3 that Im still having trouble getting.I go ahead and reload all the podcasts and for some reason those two will not load. Tried a few times.
Anyways thanks for your time.
Mick Wood

D

Yeah, not sure what is going on with #3. I've tried re-downloading it from my iTunes and it seems to be fine. Not sure why!

RB

One of my favorite surprises is when I open iTunes, and see an automatic download starting up, and it's a new Quiet Village episode! (New one up on Wed 4/15)

K
kirby posted on Thu, Apr 16, 2009 8:25 AM

That put me in a "teekee moood"!!!

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-04-16 08:36 ]

D

Huell Howser is awesome!

[ Edited by: Digitiki 2009-05-06 15:22 ]

M
mick9 posted on Mon, May 11, 2009 9:45 AM

Hey Mark thanks for the Walter Wanderly in your latest podcast.

S

Nice podcast! Very upbeat and happy, and I just love hearing the voice of Webley Edwards announcing the Hawaii Calls stuff. Thanks for another great show.

Suzanne

Go vote for "The Quiet Village" at http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=55821. It only takes a few moments to vote and it will help get the podcast more recognition.

Voted!

Keep 'em coming DigiTeeeeKeeeee~!!!!

Play us some of your fave Combustible Edison tunes!

:)

S
squid posted on Wed, Jun 10, 2009 4:43 PM

Not to be slutty (ALTHOUGH I CAN'T REALLY HELP IT) but are you going to have any preview tracks from the new Tikiyaki Orchestra CD coming up??

yer (slutty) pal,

squid

U

Just listened to the first episode - I am a Quiet Village virgin, but no stranger to Tiki and Exotica. Great podcast - keep up the good work! The torch has been passed.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 344 replies