Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Photo of Mexican Tiki Bar!

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

P

Here's a photo of the Mauna Loa menu :

H

It's real! It's a tiki restaurant we haven't heard of -- with a floor show and tikis and tiki mugs and everything!!

More details in Locating Tiki

Last one to Mexico City is a rotten Crab Rangoon!

Those guys on the album cover look like tiki gods themselves.

M

I think a trip to La Ciudad is in order.

I wouldn't mind a Summer road trip
(Por Avion, No autobus).

Adding photos of Sweet Daddy Tiki's mug from the Mauna Loa in Mexico City and Puamana's menu showing the same mug. These were posted on the "Tiki Finds" thread, but I thought it might be fun to add them here as well.

Sabu

B

[ Edited by: bifcozz 2007-02-09 21:52 ]

Great graphic on that matchbook, biffcozz! Nice find. I would love to have seen what the inside of that bar might have looked like. Thanks for posting the pic.

Sabu

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Jul 12, 2008 6:37 AM

Aloha amigos!

I found this LP 2 years ago in an old record store in Madird.
I'm pretty sure this priceless picture of this fine gentlemen was taken inside the misterioso Aku-Tiki en Acapulco.
And about Sabu's record, I showed it to my dad and he confirmed it is from Aku-tiki Acapulco.
Hasta luego!

Z

Zeta, did you see this great LP cover yet:

It is from this thread...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=18521&forum=2

...about an Aku Tiki restaurant that was (according to Swanky) built because the owner loved the Acapulco Aku Tiki. I love to trace the cultural ping pong of Tiki style. I wonder which U.S. Tiki palace was it that first inspired the Acapulco Aku Tiki.

Zeta -

Thanks for posting and thanks to you and your dad for confirming the location on my album cover. That record is still one of my prize possessions. Nice to know it was photographed at the Aku Tiki.

Sabu

Pages: 1 2 57 replies