Name:The Rialto
Type:bar
Street:52 North Last Chance Gulch
City:Helena
State:MT
Zip:59601
Phone:406-442-1890

Description:
A very old bar located in downtown Helena, Montana. The staff of the Rialto has begun a very ambitious project of creating an approximately 2500 sq. foot outdoor patio space into a tiki wonderland. For more info, contact Tana at the Rialto.

The Rialto at 52 North Last Chance Gulch in Helena, Montana --That sounds so intriguing! Hmm....I might be moving to Montana, soon :music: ..not really. But keep us posted.

TF

Ms. Fink and I discovered this place while in Helena for a wedding over the weekend. Aparently they are very serious about this endeavor and are importing a ton of Tiki stuff to work with.

A

An outdoor patio in Helena, Mont.? That will be nice -- for the four weeks every year that it isn't snowing. :wink:

You would be suprised. The Summer and Fall in Montana are quite lovely. They are also looking to enclose much of this so as to become year round.

T.F.

I'm not surprised. I live almost straight north of Helena - about 940 km (600 miles). Winter isn't quite 11 months long - more like 4 or 5. It can be brutal, but summer is usually very nice indeed. Any idea when the patio is going to be ready? And if you're going to Helena, Great Falls & the wonderful Sip 'n' Dip is only an hour and a half away.

OK I finally have something to contribute. I was born and raised in yes folks .....Helena MT. The Rialto is as old as dirt. I think the same cowboys have been sitting on the same bar stools since the gold rush days. Cool they are building a tiki patio space. I just talked to my dad this morning and they are having a mixed bag of weather for spring but expect sun by next week. Helena gets the same weather that Seattle does , just 2 days later.
Montana is beautiful and they get the regulation amount of summer. I'm sure a tiki patio space at the Rialto will be a big hit. Helena is also a college town so they may be attempting to draw a less mummified crowd.

Helena has lots of history and Last Chance Gulch has been there since the late 1800,s. There's still some great buildings but most of the really amazing architecture has been gone since the blight of urban renewal in the 70's. I remember asking my parents if I could buy one of those old buildings for only $1.
Ive got friends from high school that still live there so I will ask for a report.

https://tikicentral.com/uploads/3734/44e0b79e.jpg

[ Edited by: sophista-tiki 2008-05-23 05:35 ]

Ha, that is great, it's a small world after all. I just love TC, our Tiki connections reach too the most exotic places! :)

Do my eyes (and ears) detect a Zappa tune here? ..."gonna be a dental floss tycoon" (or something like that!)

On 2008-05-20 13:08, bigbrotiki wrote:
The Rialto at 52 North Last Chance Gulch in Helena, Montana --That sounds so intriguing! Hmm....I might be moving to Montana, soon :music: ..not really. But keep us posted.

Pages: 1 8 replies