Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trivia

Pages: 1 5 replies

BB

Back in 1945 there was a place called _____________ on La Cieniga Blvd. The address was 957 & 959. Any of you have a clue??

L
Luki posted on Mon, Mar 3, 2003 9:55 PM

On 2003-03-03 21:29, bamboo ben wrote:
Back in 1945 there was a place called _____________ on La Cieniga Blvd. The address was 957 & 959. Any of you have a clue??

Was it The Islander?

A6

nope.

ahhh shit! I just blew my TC cover name! Bamboo Ben aka Rev. Bamboo Ben. Ooooooops! I need to eat something! Back to the Trivia. Sven????? Sabu???????? The new guy???? Just scored some killer pics of it.

You've got me stumped, Ben

There were a ton of Polynesian-themed bars and restaurants in the pre-tiki days of the 1920s-1940s in Los Angeles/Hollywood. I've got ten matchbooks at least. My favorite was THE ZAMBOANGA - "Home of The Tailess Monkey" (it was a tropical drink).

The only one on La Cienega was "STEAR'S". The matchbook states: "In harmony with the Pacific theme evident in the decor, the rebuilt Stear's has added outstanding dishes from countries bordering the Pacific - to enhance its reputation for the Stear's specialty: charcoal-broiled steaks". Is this the place?

Sabu

A hint. There was no booze served, but.....

Pages: 1 5 replies