Pages: 1 2 59 replies

[ Edited by: moondog426 2008-09-04 08:58 ]

[ Edited by: moondog426 2008-09-04 11:58 ]

[ Edited by: moondog426 2008-09-23 13:03 ]

[ Edited by: moondog426 2008-10-01 16:02 ]

[ Edited by: moondog426 2008-10-01 16:04 ]

Will he be bringing any "Govenator Tiki mugs??"

SWAN TIKI
Wear Tiki, Think Tiki, Drink Tiki..........Swanberg's on J Street (2316 J Street, Sacramento CA 95816)....4PM TO 8PM on Sept. 27th

[ Edited by: moondog426 2008-09-04 11:59 ]

On 2008-07-16 06:14, moondog426 wrote:
SWAN TIKI
Wear Tiki, Think Tiki, Drink Tiki..........Swanberg's on J Street (2316 J Street, Sacramento CA 95816)....4PM TO 8PM on Sept. 27th

Limited Edition Tiki Mugs by TIKI FARM

....more details to follow......This might be a good weekend for some Sacramento Home TIKI Bar Action.....I'm up for it!!!!

moondog426,

Since this is scheduled to be a four hour event, what are your suggestions for the Home TIKI Bar tour? Before, after? Friday, Sunday? How many participants would you like to have?

Let us know!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2008-07-16 06:45 ]

Edit...will have a Sunday Cocktail Brunch....from 10am to noon, with:

~Mango Madness (a refreshing early morning cocktail)
~Juices
~Hawaiian Breakfast Wraps (Spam, Egg, Bell Pepper...in a warm tortilla)

Enough food and drinks for anyone that wants to come...please RSVP via PM and I will send you directions.

[ Edited by: vampiressrn 2008-08-04 22:47 ]

On 2008-07-16 07:56, VampiressRN wrote:
I would be happy to have a Saturday Cocktail Brunch....say from 10am to 3pm. Could have:

~Mai Tais
~Juices
~Bacon
~Sausage
~Scrambled Eggs
~Toast
~Hash Browns

Enough food and drinks for anyone that wants to come...would need a head-count. Will this work? :)

~Rumaki!

On 2008-07-16 06:44, Psycho Tiki D wrote:

On 2008-07-16 06:14, moondog426 wrote:
SWAN TIKI

Limited Edition Tiki Mugs by TIKI FARM

....more details to follow......This might be a good weekend for some Sacramento Home TIKI Bar Action.....I'm up for it!!!!

moondog426,

Since this is scheduled to be a four hour event, what are your suggestions for the Home TIKI Bar tour? Before, after? Friday, Sunday? How many participants would you like to have?

Let us know!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2008-07-16 06:45 ]

Hmmm... says the guy who has the closest home tiki bar to Swanburgs.

On 2008-07-09 15:19, moondog426 wrote:
Just got word from my favorite Hawaiian Shirt shop, Swanberg's on J that Holden from Tiki Farm will be there on Sept. 27th with 100 limited edition mugs. More details to follow. I just wanted to give the Sacramento Valley Tiki Community and everyone else plenty of lead time to save the date. I know there are a few home bars in the area with ''welcome'' signs....so this could be a couple fun days.

The mugs aren't limited but brand new designs with event commemoration embossed on the reverse. Vampiress... count me in for the Sunday brunch... looks like a good way to either recover or restart the prior night's festivities!

Will do Holden...I can have the brunch on either Saturday or Sunday and looks like you plan on staying over night in the area, so like you say...Sunday would make for a good recovery day.

If the Out-of-Town Ohana is staying over after the event at Swanbergs...I have a ton of floor space...if anyone wants to bring their sleeping bags, you are more than welcome to crash at my house and save yourself some money on a hotel.

Will see where all of this goes and do what works out best for everyone....fun fun fun!!! Sean...since you are closest to Swanbergs...Saturday action might work for you...RUMAKI Chef!!!...then I can cover Sunday morning. Ken...were you planning any action at your place? :)

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-07-16 14:22 ]

On 2008-07-16 14:18, VampiressRN wrote: Ken...were you planning any action at your place? :)

Wouldn't that be Ken and Beth's private business?

Look's like Brenda's Tiki Hut will be open on Saturday for all who care to come. We also have a guest room with its own bath and plenty of couches if anyone needs a place to crash. Our pad is only 2 miles from Swanbergs so its a short stumble or cheap cab ride if you get too schnockered to get to and from Swanbergs by car.

Marlene, brunch on Sunday sounds fabulous! Grease to settle the tummy and hair of the dog to settle the head.

The Contessa will be attending. Vampiress do not give my room away.

Sounds good to me, I will plan on Sunday. Hmmmmm...action at Ken & Beths....film at eleven. :lol:

Here are some pictures of Swanbergs. They have a great selection of Reef Sandals and Reyn Spooner Hawaiian Shirts among other ''can't live without'' tiki items. These pictures are just a partial glimpse of what is in store.

[ Edited by: moondog426 2008-07-19 16:14 ]

[ Edited by: moondog426 2008-09-04 12:01 ]

On 2008-07-16 07:56, VampiressRN wrote:
Edit...will have a Sunday Cocktail Brunch....from 10am to noon, with:

~Mai Tais
~Juices
~Bacon
~Sausage
~Scrambled Eggs
~Toast
~Hash Browns

Enough food and drinks for anyone that wants to come...would need a head-count. Will this work? :)

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-07-20 09:14 ]

**Please Marlene, where's your usual Polynesian flair? :wink:

Scratch Bacon & Sausage add SPAM!

Scratch Hash Browns add PINEAPPLE RICE!!!

No Toast try HAWAIIAN BREAD! :lol:

Eva and I have to arrive early to set up anyhow....we could help or bring something!**

Yes....of course you are right Dave...needless to say will change the menu. Your suggestions are great!!! :lol:

Glad you will host the Tiki Marketplace for the Sunday Brunch. Looking forward to the new goodies you will be bringing back from your Hawaiian encounter. :)

Locals be sure and check out the new banner that will be going up at Swanberg's in the next few days. You won't find a more colorful TIKI banner. He has also found some home tiki bar furinshings that he is willing to part with.

Watch for more updates here for the SwanTiki event in Sacramento!!!! Half of the Sacto Ohana are still recovering from Oasis...so give us a moment. :lol:

T

After moving into a mid-century modern house in Sacramento last year, we finally decided to recreate the Kapili Room in one of our bedrooms. One day we will be building a stand-alone tiki room in the back yard, but this will do for now. Here's just the start with more happening every day.

Looking forward to having everyone stop by for drinks and food next month!

hmmmm

After all the lounge hopping, shirt shopping, mug copping, Saturday night flopping...join me on Sunday morning for VampTiki gawking, DrTikiMojo hawking, Spam popping and Mom talking.

That's right...the Vamp's Mom will be in town and she is one whacky cougar!!! Get your booties out to Sacratomato for SwanTiki.

I'll try to make the Saturday all day gig.

We will update the poster on the front page as we have made some slight changes as follows:

SATURDAY
~ Home Bar Crawl (Tikihula, Psycho Tiki D, Brenda's Tiki Hut)
~ Swanbergs for shopping after the crawl
~ Mexican Dinner next to Swanbergs after shopping

SUNDAY
~ Vamp's for breakfast and hang-over drinks

Hope to see you there!!!

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: vampiressrn 2008-09-04 15:15 ]

Hi Vamp, we will do our best to make it to Swans, this is the best event to hit Sacramento, you are putting this area on the tiki map, Wendy and Dan

Here are some pics of our Tiki hut. Hope you all can make it.

To up the ante, I've been informed there's a horror-surf show after the crawl at the Scottish Rite Temple featuring the Phantom Jets and The Ghastly Ones:

http://www.sacanime.com/fromthelandbeyond/html/music.html

...and look...Brenda is already horizontal!!!

Good find on the bands Bren. :D

I've been horizontal all day, recovering from the Tiki Oasis after party at TV's last night. Mai Tai was supposed to share a rum keg with me, but I seemed to have sucked most of it down myself. Brad and Melanie came to my rescue and helped me polish it off. By then, Mai Tai wanted more. I love this Tiki group. Hope each and every one of you come up to Sacramento for our event.

...The last time I was at Brenda's tiki hut.....Both Vampiress and myself were mesmerized in the living room by ''GIDGET''... Now it could have been the company.. and it should have been the drinks........ but that beautiful big a** TV sure didnt hurt matters!!!!

[ Edited by: moondog426 2008-09-09 14:38 ]

Yep...that was fun...and then we watched Psycho Beach Party...that is a crazy movie!!!

My Mom is looking forward to seeing the Tiki gang at SwanTiki...watch out...that cougar has claws!!!

I'm contemplating rumaki at the hut. Just the thing to soak up all that alcohol.

I'm gonna set up a Hang-Over Station (Bloody Marys, Alka-Seltzer, Coffee, Cool Cucumber Slices for Puffy Eyes, Pictures of your Previous Night's Antics, etc.)

Can't wait for the crawl this weekend. Chief Bartender is busy planning the libations. PM or e-mail me if you need a place to crash Sat night.

The Sacramento Chamber of Commerce has promised a perfect weather day for Saturday...so come on out and have a coke...er a mai tai and a smile!!!!...maybe even some spam sushi or a shrimp skewer...in any event the little Sacramento Tiki train is chuggin' into town......yes I can......yes I can.......yes I can.......I just got back from Swanberg's and Lauren has some goodies in store for us...as well as Holden has some goodies for us as well.....like most tiki events Cash is preferred ..it's just easier....free food, free drinks, event t-shirts, limited edition mugs, special sale items, The Sacramento Tiki Posse...am I missing anything?!?!?!??

We are looking forward to getting off work and driving over to Swanberg's for a fun visit with the local Ohana and Holden. See you there, Wendy and Dan

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2008-09-24 16:26 ]

Well, I was cleaning up the yard in anticipation of you all visiting on Saturday and the lawn mower died half way through. So, even if my yard were in the same league as Jim's (I wish!), it surely isn't now. Just look for the house with the half cut lawn, and that's us -- Party Central.

Brenda~

I'll let you borrow my lawnmower to finish up your yard if you come over and mow mine!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones as well.

alohacurrent has been crafting a special Rum Sucker Punch for your enjoyment!

See everyone in a couple of days!

PTD

Hi,
I'm new here and planning on attending some of the events. I live in Elk Grove and this is the most excitement we've had around here in a long time.
We attended Tiki Oasis in San Diego but didn't really get to meet any local people. Can't wait to do so this weekend.

I'm working on my own Tiki Lounge so count me in for next year to be part of the Tiki Crawl.

See ya Saturday

Darilyn

The Kapili Room is 99% done, and I don't want to spoil the WOW factor for those of you coming over by posting the latest photo. We'll have kalua pork and all the fixings made by me and my lovely wife, all the cocktails you can handle (for 11:00am), and lots of fun stuff to see and people to meet. See you all Saturday! :)

Yee Haw...the anticipation makes me want a cocktail right now!!! I know some folks are just going to make the Saturday crawl and Swanbergs Event, so just reminding everyone that you are welcome to catch the Hang-Over party on Sunday at my place.

If anyone needs directions/addresses, please PM me so I can send you the eVite. :)

Less than 24 hours before the crawl! I've been receiving messages from out of town ohana that they are coming into town. Yeah! It's going to be a blast! See you here tomorrow!

WooHoo Sacramento Ohana!! Have a Tiki-rrific Weekend and make sure SOMEBODY takes lots of pics to post :)

Thanks Karen...we will be sure to post pics.

DrTikiMojo (Dave) just sent you an email with addresses...see ya mid-stream. :)

Looking forward to all the whoolah planned at Swanbergs. :D

Mike,

On our way in a minute...

PTD

Had a wonderful time at everyone's house...great food, fabulous drinks, fun people. Couldn't make it to Swanbergs (as my Mom was getting tired)...sorry I missed the whooplah there. Looking forward to the pics and the hang-over breakfast at my house tomorrow!!!

My heart couldn't be happier, this rocked and it was cool to see support from the bay and south valley!

Not done yet, and some deeper thought and insight later, but for THOSE who came and participated along the way (and you know who you are), thanks! Good to see you and thamks for supporting us!

PTD

A big MAHALO to Lauren at Swanberg's for hosting the Swantiki event!

It was wonderful getting to finally meet Holden, he is such a cool guy.

Swanberg's is a great store and an ideal setting for events like this.

I encourage all TCers to support Lauren's business wholeheartedly.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of more Tiki events in Sac town!

aiight, started out at The Kapili Room. Here's a little collectible that I heavily covet.

Here's a shot of Psycho Tiki D's Bar. Sweet. Duane's Aloha shirt literally kick's ass.

Brenda's Tiki Hut partial view. You can see a Tikitony and a Slack's Ferret. Cool. Whose white ceiling is that in the lower right? I know.

Bullet's wild outfit outside of Swanberg's

Thanks to the organizers, and all the home bar owners. It was good to see you all.

Pages: 1 2 59 replies