Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Holden/Tiki Farm in Sacto with EVENT PHOTOS page 3 & 4

Pages: 1 2 59 replies

Oh yeah, those 3 Saskatchewans put Bill under the table. heheh.

T

Mahalo to everyone who did the crawl, hosted, and to Holden and Lauren for the excellent gathering at Swanberg's!
We are happily amazed at how much fun we have at every event - thanks to all of you in the ohana. Alia and I could not ask for better friends :)

Brenda perusing the vintage drink and dinner menus

Me and Mai Tai in the new Kapili Room

AlohaCurrent, Mai Tai, and Rum Runner

Jungle Trader, that's some look you're getting from Melody - what did you say to her?

Matt tries to sleep standing up....again

Keith, me, Alia, Brenda and Sean

My other photos, including the group shots, didn't come out so well. Mai Tai, please post your group photos!

To those who hosted, we loved your home bars and decor, and the drinks can't be beat. Mahalo again and looking forward to more great times soon.

"But why is the rum gone?!" -Capt. Jack Sparrow

The Tiki Gallery has over 1,400 photos!
http://www.TikiRoom.Net

[ Edited by: tikihula 2008-10-06 20:41 ]

More pictures...

Bill, I didn't have a camera with me at Tikihula's, please post some pics from his place!

PTD

More photos:

No furniture was harmed following this shot:

Rumaki!

Brenda behind the bar:

Rumaki - it's an appetizer AND a garnish:

And the point of it all, at Swanberg's:

And finally, the GoH with some guy in a fez:

LT

On 2008-09-29 12:36, Chief Bartender at Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:
More photos:

And finally, the GoH with some guy in a fez:

What's the story with the two green mugs on the right?

MT

Good times up in Sacramento! A big Mahaloz to everyone for their hospitality - it was a great event. Mike, you outdid yourself, as usual - I can't believe you were able to put the Kapili Room together on such short notice! But everyone's pads looked fab, and it was fun checking out what the Sacramento peeps had to offer, and checking out Swanberg's, and hangin' with Holden too. Oh, and hey, Rumaki, where have you been all of my life??? Are you another one of Don The Beachcomber's best creations? I think YES.

I'll try to get some pics up either tonight or tomorrow. I'll have to go to someone else's place to upload them, because this pc that I'm on is still on the fritz.

Mai,

Sorry about the bamboo skewer to the neck! :) Are you o.k.? I was trying to get an action photo and it went awry!

Hope you have recovered from the injury and are on the mend!

PTD

ALoHa and Thank you Ohana for making this a perfect occasion to get together and crawl!

The weather was perfect and the cocktails and pupus were outstanding at every stop, but as some wise person once said, "it's the people that make it" I believe this will be an annual tradition for the Sacto area.

To the hosts Mr. & Mrs. TikiHula, great job on the Kapili Room. PTD nice tiki wifebeater-that was simply awesome. Brenda and Sean when's the next happy hour :wink: Love your home and nice drink slingin back there Brenda :o I'll pass on the rumaki, thanks though. Thank you also Lauren and Holden for putting your time and energy into this. It is very much appreciated.
Vamp sorry we didn't make it up to your house Sunday. At any rate it was good to see you.

Special thanks to all those who traveled. It was good to see you guys.
Can we do this again? Do we have to wait until next year?

[ Edited by: alohacurrent 2008-09-29 16:56 ]

We had to work this weekend but we managed to get to Brenda and Sean's tiki bar and had a blast seeing everyone there. We had the pleasure of taking Holden to Swanberg's to start that part of the party. The short time we had was filled with good cheer and great people. We found some wonderful tikis at Swanberg's and added them to Dan's collection. We saw some new tikis from Tiki Farm that Holden brought and put them on our wish list. I hope Moondog will get this going again next year. Hugs, Wendy and Dan

Sacramento is on the tiki map....Great to meet Holden finally. We love your work! Always nice seeing Dan and Wendy, and Tikicleen from the Walnut Capitol of the world, Ripon. Thanks to Lauren of Swanberg's for anchoring this great event, Marlene for getting the word out, and the Sacramento Tiki Posse (you know who you are).....Boy, Forbidden Island Sacramento sure has a nice ring to it!

The next thing I would like to see happen while waiting for next years Swantiki is a monthly tiki home bar happy hour (so no one has to rush off to another stop).

TikiHula and I were wondering about the Mystery Shirt at Swanberg's. What is it between the tikis on the left side and the far right side?

T

Regurgitated green eggs and spam :D

Pages: 1 2 59 replies