Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

MadDog Mike's Platterful of Pupule - Pele Fence Hanger

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3,035 replies

T

Mike, that's a beaut!

H, thanks for posting this.

C
cy posted on Fri, Jul 22, 2016 9:36 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDOG!!

H

Happy Birthday Mike :drink: :tiki: :music: :D

Happy Birthday Mike. I hope this wonderful lady made your day special. Love, Wendy and Dan

Thank you so much for the Rum Wagon Birthday card. See you soon to collect my birthday hug and to give you yours. Much Love, Wendy

:D You're welcome Wendy, can't wait to see you

Here is some stuff I did for the Maori Art Swap
Taurapa mug

Maori Art Swap Kia Ora coaster set

Maori Art Swap Moko Sheep Skull - more of an April Fool's joke than a Swap project :lol:

A failed Mere (war club) lamp. The ceramic mere broke in several places and the glaze was flaking off :(

I was also working on a Maori carved gourd lamp and a "nitropyrography" Maori warrior. The ideas is to draw the warrior out with gunpowder on a wooden plaque and light it on fire! I didn't invent the technique but I think I coined the "nitropyrography" word - I don't find it anywhere else on the internet :lol: If I get those two projects done I will post them.

Hope to see some of you at Tiki Oasis Saturday afternoon!

One more pic! "Quasi" Tiki, our Amazon River Explorer costumes for an Olympics party. The left arm is fake and my real arm is inside the snake. Replace the Brazilian pocket patch with a Papua New Guinea patch and it would be legitimate tiki

When you hurry through life, you just get to the end faster.
Pirate Ship Tree House

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2016-08-18 20:31 ]

Mike
Love em
Awesome

Great to see you guys

Thanks again
Great swap

U rock Bruddah

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2016-08-22 10:05 ]

So good to see you and catch up Jon. See you again next Oasis or if I ever make it to Vegas

Another great Mad Dog card
:)

Merry Xmas to u and da Ohana

T

Ditto Jon...

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and all that good stuff! :)

Merry Christmas. You look more dapper than Don. He should be jealous. Wendy

Life gets complicated. I'm spending a lot of time caring for elderly parents and haven't had much time for art. Knew I was going to be slow at work today so I brought some clay and tools. I have always admired the Kona Kai/Pali Kai Andres Bumatay(?) "Bug Tiki" and wondered why no one has ever done a mug of it? I am working on a "clay sketch", about 3/4 mug size. Maybe if it turns out he'll be a little oil lamp or something. Lots of work to go still

I can really see the differences when I post them side-by-side
I never noticed before but it has rather prominent breasts. Any chance this monstrosity is supposed to be female? :o :lol:

Split and gutted like a dead fish!

Your side by side versions look like a male and a female. I am so happy to see the guts. Taking advise from GROG I just did a gutting myself today.

Sure is good to see you here. I hope all goes well with your parents. They are fine people just based on how well you turned out. Cheers, Wendy

Wendy, you are the master of replicating something from a photo, I struggled with this. After I put it back together I put some more clay on her? forehead and it's a little better but it's getting too dry to add anything else. I still come through TC daily, I just don't post much :)

I see you more on facebook. You are getting close to the million mark of views. So keep posting so that it will happen. It's fun to share. Nag nag nag, Wendy

I post a lot of random (non-Tiki) stuff on FaceBook that isn't fit for TC. Have done a bit of ceramic stuff lately including a sake set and some squid air plant holders (in the kiln today). The squids are "quasi-Tiki" so I will probably post them here but I don't think they will take me over the million view mark :lol:

Here ya go Wendy, air plant squids - ceramic holders for medusa air plants. I saw the brown and white ones on Amazon, cool concept but I thought it was a poor execution. So I tried to see if I could do better. Lets see if this gets the 6571 views to push me over 1 million :lol:

H

Love love love....

My little bug-tiki exercise survived his first firing

He looks hungry

H

looking good...

Wonderful. He is a fun one. Wendy

H

Mike, here are a few pictures of the squid you sent me in different settings, not sure yet what I like but I love my gift.:)

Will try a few other spots tomorrow and report back.

Love it Hilda! Enjoy! :D

Those squid are great!

I bought a similar thing to the poorly executed Amazon ones for a friend, but using sea urchin shells so they look more like jellyfish.

Thanks bamalamalu, cool jellyfish too

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2017-03-14 14:55 ]

H

Two more possibilities, and hope you get to 1,000,000 soon.

Thanks again Mike.

Wonderful photos. That plant is perfect for the jellyfish. MDM your art makes me smile. Wendy

Hilda, it also has a hole in the top so you can hang it from a cord

Thanks Wendy :D

Woo Hoo you passed the One Million mark. It's good to know that so many people appreciate Tiki Central. I love this site and want it to thrive so I can watch you and other artists make wonderful projects.

Hugs, Wendy

Thanks for pointing that out Wendy, I hadn't noticed :)
Odd that it seems there isn't much traffic on TC these days but this thread (which is not exactly prime content) still got 6600 views in 2 weeks, that's 400+ views a day! I guess there are still a lot of lurkers but not so many posters.

On 2017-02-28 11:31, MadDogMike wrote:
... Lets see if this gets the 6571 views to push me over 1 million :lol:

You can't tell how many people look on fb. I don't get many comments on either but I get a lot of views and likes. It makes it worth posting. I look here more than I post too. I'm guilty! Wendy

Love your Brain,Mike!
i remember that batik shirt you made!
can't wait to see your underwater diorama again!
Is it still at Mojave?
Always keep creating
you are a treasure to this community,Buddy!

Thank you Kinny :blush:

Still have the batik shirt, that was fun. I have heard rumor that the Mojave Oasis campground doesn't belong to Amy anymore, don't know the fate of all that art? :(

Mike-

What
BDay tomorrow
Sweet

I thought I would get u a full back tattoo
How's this?

Happy BDay tomorrow my bruddah
Cheers

Thank you Jon :D

I like that quote but not sure it's tattoo worthy :lol:

After that post what could be more appropriate?

We wish you a wonderful day because you deserve it.

Love, Dan and Wendy

Mike,
now that you're older is it tattoo worthy?

Have a great day Mike

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2017-07-22 07:08 ]

T

:drink: :tiki: :tiki: :tiki: Arrrgh! :drink: HBD!!! :tiki: :tiki: :tiki: :drink:

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. It's the last on for the 50s so I'm just gonna stop celebrating them :lol:

Time to live by this I guess

:lol: :P :D :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3035 replies