Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Tahitian Resort and Tahitian Gardens, Holiday, FL (motel)

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

I just visited this great motel~!
It is now called Holiday Resort.
The new owners are restoring it as much as they can. I will try to send photos but I was very happy with what I saw. The tikis remaining are historic and are being fixed up. The rooms are all redone using furniture from a Disney Resort. The pool looked great, the bar is open but is not tiki. It has a nice bar that looks out over the pool. I expect this part was actually a cafe at one time, as there is another bar, not currently in use, that is under one of the cone roofs and looks more like it was a true tiki bar. That room is storage right now. The rates were cheap, so I suggest people go stay there if you are in the area on the way to Weeki Wachee (it is very close to that attraction). The new manager was super friendly. There is also a 55+ condo association behind the motel that is worth driving through, still called Tahitian Gardens, and that is clearly all part of the same development.

[ Edited by: cap'n cook 2019-06-24 09:50 ]

[ Edited by: cap'n cook 2019-06-24 09:58 ]

[ Edited by: cap'n cook 2019-06-24 10:01 ]

[ Edited by: cap'n cook 2019-06-24 10:23 ]

awesome! 8)

it's heartening to see that random tiki can improve in 11 years!

plus, kudos on their color selection for the tikis - a much better brown woody color as opposed to the the old primer/redwood paint color.

Pages: 1 2 53 replies