Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

the only Las Vegas TIKI BAR ....Frankie’s Tiki Room 24/7 baby!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 430 replies

On 2008-12-05 10:47, Szandora wrote:
The opening of Frankie's Tiki Room was amazing last night! It was packed to the max and looked fabulous! Bamboo Ben did a great job! And Frankie's Tiki Mugs are to die for! The bartenders are the best in Vegas... No doubt about that!

Moss as always looked handsome!

I'm going back tonight to party with my Tiki friends!

Szandora

[ Edited by: Szandora 2008-12-05 10:48 ]

Could you maybe pull your shorts up just a LITTLE higher?

View my work @

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

Rebellion is commercial enterprise

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-12-06 22:23 ]

you oughta see her myspace page....

T

Looks like she's giving 100%!!!
Good for you hula hoop girl.

This place is going to create a good buzz around town (no pun intended). Not too much I hope, I'd still like to get a seat. I heard a new tiki bar was opening but didnt have very high expectations. Took the wifey last night. Holy Ch!t! this place Rocks! the decor is de-lux. Finally, vegas has a authenic tiki bar (trader vics and tahiti joes dont qualify) Great job guys..........

On 2008-12-06 06:04, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
you oughta see her myspace page....

Tipsy, you may be kidding about being from HELL...she's not.

wow that place is smoking. Great job as always to the artists who put it together. I'm booked for Viva Las Vegas so I'll be there April 10th to have some adult libations!!!!

S

On 2008-12-06 02:28, Billy the Crud wrote:

On 2008-12-05 10:47, Szandora wrote:
The opening of Frankie's Tiki Room was amazing last night! It was packed to the max and looked fabulous! Bamboo Ben did a great job! And Frankie's Tiki Mugs are to die for! The bartenders are the best in Vegas... No doubt about that!

Moss as always looked handsome!

I'm going back tonight to party with my Tiki friends!

Szandora

[ Edited by: Szandora 2008-12-05 10:48 ]

Could you maybe pull your shorts up just a LITTLE higher?

View my work @

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

Rebellion is commercial enterprise

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-12-06 22:23 ]

** Nope! =) **

[ Edited by: Szandora 2008-12-07 10:06 ]

S

A lot of fun was had when we went back on Friday night... It wasn't as crazy as opening night and you could mingle around and enjoy all of the Tiki art and carvings.

Here are some fun pics! =)

T

Frankies is a fantastic place!.Cool setting and great vibes emanating from this house of Tiki worship.I met some cool people from Tiki Central there Thursday & Friday nights.Let see Aku76 (a.k.a Carl and Launce and his friend Lisa and Buzzy and his girlfriend.Also,who can forget Tonya the bartender-what a gal.Thanks to everyone who had a hand in creating this place.If you're ever in Las Vegas you should stop by Frankies,it's real easy to find.Also,don't forget to stop by Tiki Lee's booth at The Charleston Antique Mall,on 307 W Charleston Blvd(Thats right before Frankies).Here's a few pics that I took Thursday and Friday.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Tim 2008-12-07 16:14 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Dec 7, 2008 4:17 PM

How do you get a hold of those great mugs (page 5). Are they going to sell any? I want a slot machine mug.

T

Here's a pic of some of the ones I bought..Each one has "Frankies Tiki Room Las Vegas" on the back. I believe they'll be online soon.These mugs are really cool.

On 2008-12-07 10:30, Szandora wrote:

Here are some fun pics! =)

Aloha Szandora:
I certainly hope this becomes a Frankie's tradition!

Keep fighting the good fight!
Buzzy Out!

On 2008-12-07 16:04, Tiki-Tim wrote:
I met some cool people from Tiki Central there Thursday & Friday nights.Let see Aku76 (a.k.a Carl and Launce and his friend Lisa and Buzzy and his girlfriend.Also,who can forget Tonya

Yo Tim!

Special tiki traveller merit badge for your trip out to Frankie's for the opening. Here are a couple pictures Zaya snapped of you on opening day:

Buzzy out!

O

Bravo Ben. Awesome job to you and all the artists. Eli would be proud!

B

To those of you wanting a Frankie's Mug... A little bird told me this Monday they'll be selling online....
I think I may have to buy myself an early Christmas Present :wink:!!!!

ALoha All

B

In fact it's open NOW....

http://www.frankiestikicentral.com/merch.html

Just put my order through for Christmas!!
Mahalo's Frankie's!!

BK

Hey, Szandora! Your Myspace page burned my mouse!

N

Stopped in here this past weekend, and it was everything I was hoping it would be and more! The drinks were delicious (I highly recommend the Kahiki Kai or the Tiki Bandit), the staff was friendly, and the decor was beautiful! As it was my birthday, my boyfriend bought me the entire set of their tiki mugs, too. I'll have to post pics later...

BTW, I'm new to this forum, but have been lurking for a while. Nice to meet you all! I definitely plan on attending Tiki Oasis next year!

[ Edited by: nkash001 2008-12-08 11:10 ]

D

Anyone going to Frankie's that could pick me up one of the slot tiki necklace and a few matchbooks? I would gladly pay for these items.

Dawn

Ben, once again, you've outdone yourself. Great job and thank you so much for using my work. I'm honored, man. Great job to all the other contibuting artists and carvers as well.......BUZZYs huge grip of (very cool) chairs, CRAZY ALs huge masterpiece,TIKI RAYs headhunter guy(Sucks it got broke already, man) BOSKO, LEROY SCHMALTZ, KEN PLEASANT, SHAG,KEN RUZIC, BILL WRAY, LYNNE NAYLOR, THOR,MARK COVELL ,SHAUN KAMA ,MIKE SOSNOWSKI, HOLDEN, DIRK VERMIN, SQUID, SOPHIA BREWER, MARK T. ZEILMAN, VON FRANCO, MARCUS PIZZUTI......Holy crap, man!! A bigger and better collaberation, I have never seen and it's a total reflection of everything cool and current in tiki......and I've only seen pictures as of yet!!

Thanks again, Bamboo Ben!

T

Amazing job Ben you should be proud,

I can't wait to see it in person,

Bosko

Thanks Bosko and Thanks Everyone!!

Will have pics of pre-tiki Frankies sometime

in the near future.

Posted some other pics in the Other Events forum too.

They told me that they sold over 200 mugs

just on opening night!!

And, that they have been selling like crazy since!

Once again THANKS to Everyone!!

Spacialy Moss and Chris for making Tiki history.

T

is there like a warehouse in the back to house all those mugs? I still got to get mine. While everyone is going up in price, these are the best prices around.

On 2008-12-12 18:57, RevBambooBen wrote:

They told me that they sold over 200 mugs

just on opening night!!

I think that was just Mr. Smiley's purchases....

L

I have my mugs on order so they should be on their way soon.

Might as well buy them now so I can save my moola for drinking and the slots when I head out to Vegas next.

Awesome to hear it had such a great opening.

I can only imagine how packed it will be during Viva Las Vegas-woooo hooo!

Here are some pics that Moss took a few daze into the install.

Hut area

Looking at bar

Where Vice Tester is now

Entry

Hut area

Break time.
( GOT TIKI? Shirt via Scott @ Tiki Terrace in Chicago!! :)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2008-12-13 15:31 ]

P

wow, i really didn't fully realize the amount of work that was done until you posted those pictures, ben. freaking great job. no wonder you were exhausted.

Here's a time line of the install...

Nov 3 08 start.

Nov 21 08 finish.

Home for the Hollidaze.

Dec 1 08 Re-wire all lamps to UL standards.

Dec 2 08 (to 3:00 p.m. deadline) Final touches.

Dec 2 08 7 p.m. to ? party & press.

Dec 3 08 8 p.m. to ? party & press.

Dec 4 08 1 p.m. TV interview & press then party.

Dec 4 08 10 p.m. sleeping.......

Dec 5 08 Home sweet Home!

p.s. but thanks to Emergen-C Raspberry.....

http://www.emergenc.com if anyone out there @ Alacer Corp is reading this and wants to sponsor me...hint hint!!

.... I was able to pull it off.

And, for the love of TIKI TOO! :)

Also... http://www.dewalt.com I need a new saw!!

Oh and maybe all you out there can bug these guys into making a "Real American Hero... Mr. Tiki Bar Builder"... at
http://www.rockerie.com/budpartyzone/commercials.htm

...and a sponsor by Budweiser would be awesome!!
(kills the pain after work)

...cause Primo turned me down already !
( they only sponsor watermen right now)

M

Vegas Vics was open two days ago when I drove by.

L

Well even though I am not in Vegas yet the good ole postman just brought me a nice package from Frankie's. The mugs are awesome and thankfully they arrived in one piece. I did have my doubts since the box was rattling but those were some swizzles and matchboxes they included shaking around at the bottom.

Now that I have the mugs all that is left is to actually drink out of them-- which I plan to use that Bearded Clam mug a little later tonight :wink:

Really awesome mugs and they look even better in person.

On 2008-12-16 12:51, leleliz wrote:
Well even though I am not in Vegas yet the good ole postman just brought me a nice package from Frankie's. The mugs are awesome and thankfully they arrived in one piece. I did have my doubts since the box was rattling but those were some swizzles and matchboxes they included shaking around at the bottom.

Now that I have the mugs all that is left is to actually drink out of them-- which I plan to use that Bearded Clam mug a little later tonight :wink:

Really awesome mugs and they look even better in person.

I agree these mugs are sweet... I just opened my box and still have a big smile on my face... Thanks Frankie's Hope to go there someday soon...

Snow Day

Quit yer whining! I just drove home in white-out conditions. The crap is falling at a rate of 2 inches per hour! I'll be in the basement spending quality time with my rum, if anybody's looking for me!

On 2008-12-19 07:29, RevBambooBen wrote:

Snow Day

Moss & Ray looking pissed that someone all ready broke one of his tikis!

Words of wisdom... Do not use Pine for a Commercial Tiki Bar.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

p.s. B Ka,

no whinin'. just doesn't happen that often out here.

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2008-12-21 09:33 ]

It's still frickin snowing out here. Hasn't stopped since I posted that! I need another Mai Tai!

Very cool, but I'll have to wait til November to check out Frankie's. I will, however, be ordering mugs next month. The wait will just make the drinks taste that much better! Only 10 more months!!!

O

We'll be here Christmas eve to toast Eli after we visit the Aku Aku in Sunset Park until sunset.
Can't wait too see Ben and everyone elses great work.

K
kiya posted on Tue, Dec 23, 2008 6:29 PM

I'll be hitting up Frankie's this weekend while visiting LV from San Francisco...
From the looks of it and what i've read it sounds like it's gonna be a favorite of mine up there with Forbidden Island..

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 24, 2008 4:13 PM

Im gonna be in vegas this weekend the 26th to the 29th if anybody wants to hang and hit up frankies let me know...kirby

P

i'll be around kirby.

First clear day here. Wednesday night and Christmas was stormy, heading to Aku Aku again this afternoon for sunset and then to Frankie's for a Mai Tai and a toast to Eli.
Kirby maybe I'll see you there. I'll bring my laptop with some TC events slideshow too.

Moss, Ben and all of the artists! Thank you for a very cool place!

N

Drinking last night with some friends out of Frankie's mugs. (I have the whole set!)

Friday night waiting for Kirby with some fellow TCers P Drake,John O and Rum Shaker.

Prayed to the Tiki god which my girl friend refused to do. She won two Texas Holem tournaments, me none. WTF Crazy Al?
John O and I tried Rum Shaker's Mai Tai.
Better than Trader Vic's, I kid you not!

I ordered my Mai Tai in the Lava Letch mug. Heh heh

John O samples his Mai Tai and with his friends.

Frankies got lucky getting Leroy to carve a Tiki for them. Carves very few these days I hear.

I drank a toast to Eli and the Aku Aku picture hanging on the wall after visiting Sunset Park and the Aku Aku which is becoming hidden behind the trees. I walked around the lake and asked everyone " So whats the deal with the Easter Island statue on the island?

A few responses "I think he is a fishing god" "Statue?, I never noticed it before"
" They made it for the park" "It came from Treasure Island" " It's a indian carving"
I am making a video for You Tube with these and other replies that will be posted soon.
He needs a new home or a least a plaque with the history.

Rum Shaker with her own Murky Lagoon that she served at Tiki Oasis. Not on the menu yet but it should be.
Moss, order a Murky Lagoon mug and add this one!

Oh yeah, Lemon Hart for well rum I'm impressed! Nice collection of rum too.

T

We may stop in on New years.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Dec 30, 2008 5:30 PM

man what an awesome tiki bar.. I had the hairy beever oh I mean the bearded clam in the mug.. it was pretty good, the dude forgot the swizzel but perry went back up and got me one..polly had the lapu lapu and she liked it alot..Thanks pdrake for meeting up with me and showing me around, the double down was cool too . bummer i wasnt able to meet any of the other tiki peeps there this weekend..mabey next time.. here are a few pics..
kirby and polly

pdrake and kirby in front of tiki rays tiki

lil lost sumone or sumthing er I dont remember

my fav tiki by far crazy als masterpiece

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 430 replies