Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Drafted into the Foreign Legion again

Pages: 1 6 replies

Folks, my worst fears have come true: This summer is a wash for me. In order to make some saving moolah I will have to slave on two German Mini Series episodes from April 20th to July 20th in Cologne, effectively making me a no-show for both the Oasis and the Hukilau. The last time you can pat my back will be at Mondo Tiki then.
Off course there WILL be a Sven Kirsten narrated slide show at the Tiki Oasis as promised, just sans me (maybe I can have a hologram of me floating over the pool). I feel deeply bummed, but in order to pursue the breadless career of Tiki archeology I have to make sacrifices.
To help me stay out of the Foreign Legion as long as possible later, I am looking for renters for my abode between those said dates. I have a roommate who will manage the place, but if you know anyone in between places or cities in that period who is looking for a pad for 2-3 months, let me know. Prior renters Charles and Marsha, Tiki Gardener and The Millionaire can tell happy tales from this Tiki Island.

T

I myself am heading to Cannes, courtesy my company, dangerously close to the Hukilau (I know, I know, cry me a river) so I may or may not have to cancel my reservations at the Holiday Inn - either that or I make Ft. Lauderdale a stop-over on my trip back and save myself some air fare. I still have to work out the dates with my company. It's all very vague as to the dates right now! A saturday stop over would be the bomb, but I think that's wishful thinking. I don't really think Florida is on the flight path between Canada and France...

Refund!

*On 2003-03-17 13:52, bigbrotiki wrote:*In order to make some saving moolah I will have to slave on two German Mini Series episodes from April 20th to July 20th in Cologne...
Off course there WILL be a Sven Kirsten narrated slide show at the Tiki Oasis as promised, just sans me (maybe I can have a hologram of me floating over the pool)...
To help me stay out of the Foreign Legion as long as possible later, I am looking for renters for my abode between those said dates. I have a roommate who will manage the place...

Well, Big Bro, my heart is broken to not get to see you at Oasis, but rent is rent is rent. But we'll both be in Europe for June (missing Hukilau)- any chance you'd be in Spain for a quick trip? I'd love to hunt down the Barcelona tiki spots with you when I'm there.

and is that the same roommate that was at Oasis last year? hmmmmm.... I may have to rent out your spot myself... :wink:

On 2003-03-18 12:11, Formikahini wrote:
h be in Europe for June (missing Hukilau)- any chance you'd be in Spain for a quick trip? I'd love to hunt down the Barcelona tiki spots with you when I'm there.

Sounds tempting, but I think it will be "all work no play" for me down there. And IF I have a weekend free, I have to make it up to Hamburg to see my folks, and I also hope to get to visit my KBZ 2000 friends in Berlin...

But e-mail me as you get ready, I always will be connected via my trusty I-book.

was that april 20th?, hmmm.beware birthday party invites..

T
Thor posted on Tue, Mar 18, 2003 11:36 PM

April 20th is Easter.

Are the heads on Easter Island considered Tiki?

-Torh

Pages: 1 6 replies