Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Frankie's Tiki Room Wednesdays In Las Vegas!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies

Will the folks be gathering this Wednesday? Tiki Tammy and I will be stopping in LV on the way to Oasis and we plan on stopping in for a drink before hitting the tables then the sheets.

On 2009-08-11 19:37, Beach Bum Scott wrote:
Will the folks be gathering this Wednesday? Tiki Tammy and I will be stopping in LV on the way to Oasis and we plan on stopping in for a drink before hitting the tables then the sheets.

Oh, we WILL be there tonight...see you then!

S

Wish I could stop by myself. I have band practice tonight.

Does Frankie's ever have live music?

T

On 2009-08-12 11:28, shred wrote:
Wish I could stop by myself. I have band practice tonight.

Does Frankie's ever have live music?

Nope, too small

TF

It was great meeting the Frankie's TC crew! Hope to run into you again, perhaps in San Diego.

Much thanks again TikiPug!

T.F.

M

HI, we are having Inky's birthday party this Wednesday, Oct 14 at Frankie's! See you around 8pm!

On 2009-10-13 15:19, mrsmiley wrote:
HI, we are having Inky's birthday party this Wednesday, Oct 14 at Frankie's! See you around 8pm!

Thanks to all who came out to celebrate my birthday wednesday! XXXOOO

I know its not a Wednesday.
but I might try to swing by Frankie's on monday afternoon, or early evening.
for a drink or 2. on the way home from the event in Phoenix on Sun.

anybody in for a meet up?
if I make it, it will be my first time there.

thanks
Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-10-15 20:08 ]

Any idea what time on Monday?

I'll be hitting Frankie's on Sunday 11/1 & Wednesday 11/4. Are you guys there every Wednesday?

On 2009-10-16 12:20, mrsmiley wrote:
Any idea what time on Monday?

hmmmmm,
good question.,
we will be in Phoenix sat. and sun.

gonna leave there on monday around 8 or 9
stop at the Hoover Dam for 15 min. and late lunch early diner in Bolder city.
so I'd say somewhere between 6 and 8 ish

probably only be there (Frankie's) for around 1 hour.
then hit the Road for So. Cal. gotta work on Tues by noon.

we won't have a computer with us.
I will send you a PM with my cell number,
call me on mon. at 5 ish.
and I will give you a update where we are, ok?

Can you tell the Pugs we will be there?
thanks.
Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-10-16 23:06 ]

CJ

I'll be there Sunday early evening and maybe monday noonish

my info above has been edited/changed, we are going to Kon tiki in AZ. on sun.
so we will leave Phoenix earlier mon. and be at Frankie's a tad earlier too.

Joe, when you say sun eve. to mon. noonish,
does that mean your just going to spend the night in the place.
you damned Lush.
:wink:

would be cool if you could hang till later mon.
but I understand if you can't

Jeff(btd)

P

On 2009-10-15 11:07, inkylouise wrote:

On 2009-10-13 15:19, mrsmiley wrote:

Thanks to all who came out to celebrate my birthday wednesday! XXXOOO

i'm sorry i missed it. didn't see this post until tonight. happy birthday inky.

hey All,
we are not sure about making it on Monday.
we are in Phoenix, but we are having transmission, issues,
if all goes well, and its a easy fix we will be there.
but not sure at this point.
if I had pm'ed you my Phone number,
call me mon. afternoon and I will give you a update.

thanks,
Jeff(btd)

hey everybody,
not gonaa make it to LV this trip,
tranny work on truck in Az. today, then going home tues.

maybe 2010.
:-/

thanks for the thought though,
Jeff(btd)

J

Any TC'ers in Sin City this weekend?

Among other things I'll be seeking out Tiki in the recently opened Abomination (uh, I mean CityCenter).

I might hit Frankie's in the late afternoon on Sat (12/19).

Please let me know what you find over there as we will be in Vegas week of Jan. 11th...want to check it out and also see what Trader Vic's replacement is like..would enjoy feed back...thanks..8)

On 2009-12-17 11:50, JOHN-O wrote:

Any TC'ers in Sin City this weekend?

Among other things I'll be seeking out Tiki in the recently opened Abomination (uh, I mean CityCenter).

I might hit Frankie's in the late afternoon on Sat (12/19).

WE are in town--busy Saturday night ,but open for other ideas. Is there TIKI in City Center?? Or are you just hoping?
PS-there is a nice $7,000 smoking jacket/ Robe at the Tom Ford store. Get two-one for yourself-and one as a gift for me becasue I am so cool! :)

J

Thanks MySmiley, I just PM'd you back.

I was joking about Tiki at CityCenter but I guess I really should visit so I can mock it with authority. Really the place is not consistent with my preferred mid-century "dive" aesthetic. I do hope to take some of MGM Mirages's money at the craps table to pay for my drinks at Frankie's.

I hate this recent Las Vegas trend towards luxury and taste. I guess it does make places like the El Cortez, Golden Gate, and Circus Circus all the more special. IMHO, any self-respecting Tikiphile should feel the same. :) Who needs the "New Vegas" when we still have "Old Vegas".

J

Mr. Smiley,

Sorry we couldn't touch bases. FYI, I left your smoking jacket with Tawnya at Frankie's. :lol:

I got you the one with the leopard-skinned collar to match your Modern Primitive aesthetic.

Have a Merry X-Mas !!

JOHN-O

TL

I'll be in LV from 1/1 until 1/5, and plan on hitting Frankie's a couple of times. If any TCers will be in town during that time, I'd love to meet up. Please post or shoot me a PM (PM after 12/31 as I won't be online). Happy Holidays to all.

J

On 2009-12-17 13:48, Tropical_Icebergs wrote:
Please let me know what you find over there as we will be in Vegas week of Jan. 11th...want to check it out and also see what Trader Vic's replacement is like..would enjoy feed back...thanks..8)

FYI,

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30590&forum=1&start=60&61

Enjoy !!

ooF! i FOUND out at 9 pm that My phone battery had died satursday--Soory John o....next time! City Center ..rocks! kidding....

P

no frankie's tonight. too rainy! have fun! i'll be there next week.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to live vicariously thru others...when none of the others are posting...come on people not everyone has a life so don't be so stingy and share more, and more often...thank you, thank you very much...8)

Just wanted to give a shout out to Frankie's and say mahalo for signing on again for Ohana 2010 in Lake George! Hope the Pugs can make it back east again as well.

A

Howdy. My company is sending me to Vegas for a conference at the end of February and the thing I'm most excited about is hitting Frankies. (Ever since the state bulldozed my beloved Honolulu, I have been adrift and searching for a good grog).

I have some dumb questions, so please bear with me:

Taxi: I'm going to be down near the convention center and figure a cab is the best thing to do if I plan on sampling the drinks. Any of the locals have any taxi companies to recommend to use / avoid?

Bus: Alternately, I can take the bus. What's the bus service like in LV?

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Feb 6, 2010 10:33 PM

Sorry, I am just invading this thread to accomplish a perfect all forum sweep!

On 2008-09-13 11:45, GROG wrote:
Congrats Tiki Trav on your clean sweep of the TC boards. Now that's definitely an accomplishment worth documenting.

T

On 2010-02-06 19:23, ainokea wrote:
Howdy. My company is sending me to Vegas for a conference at the end of February and the thing I'm most excited about is hitting Frankies. (Ever since the state bulldozed my beloved Honolulu, I have been adrift and searching for a good grog).

I have some dumb questions, so please bear with me:

Taxi: I'm going to be down near the convention center and figure a cab is the best thing to do if I plan on sampling the drinks. Any of the locals have any taxi companies to recommend to use / avoid?

Bus: Alternately, I can take the bus. What's the bus service like in LV?

Definitely take a taxi. It isn't that far from the convention center. You don't have a choice in what taxi company you are going to use. just which ever is next in line wherever you are.

A

I appreciate it the advice! It is close, so a cab should be quick. It's only 3 miles from my hotel so I could walk it easily, too, but figure it's not such a great idea to be an out of town conventioner stumbling home in an aloha shirt at 0 dark thirty.

J

FYI, I don't consider the area north of Sahara and south of Downtown a particularly safe area to be walking around by yourself after dark. There's a neighborhood in that area nicknamed the "Naked City" which is considered to have the highest crime rate in Las Vegas. It's just south of Charleston and west of the Strip. You wouldn't want to take a route through there.

Also be prepared to describe to the taxi driver where Frankie's is located. It's on Charleston just a few blocks west of the 15, on the north side of the street. Most taxi drivers that service the main tourist areas aren't familiar with Frankie's. I've even said "it's just east of the University Medical Center" and have had the taxi driver respond "where's that?".

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-02-07 11:05 ]

W

Hay all,
I'll be in LV the 21 - 25 & plan to make Frankie's on Wed the 24. I have a gift for them. check this out.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29383&forum=7&start=90&100
Do they have happy hour specials & is that when the T.C. crowd shows up ?
Will

T

On 2010-02-17 04:36, wplugger wrote:
Do they have happy hour specials & is that when the T.C. crowd shows up ?
Will

They don't have happy hour specials. But if your're playing video poker, you drink for free. The gang shows up around 7:30ish, but none of us are really punctual.

A

Just came back from Frankies. OMFG. Beautiful place. I plan to hit it once a day while I'm in town. Thanks for the previous tips, everybody.

W

Frankie's was a highlight of my trip
thanks to the hospitality of the
mixological maestro Mike.
A bartenders, bartender.
They dug my muddler &
a good time was had by all.

S

Countdown to Vegas has commenced!

Ms Swanky and I will be checking out Bamboo Ben's handiwork and that of the bartenders on March 31st! Will any of ye TCers be around? Looking forward to seeing my pufferfish lamps in situ.

I will be going to Viva Las Vegas and hoping to be there on 31st with my wife. I always try to stop at Frankie's when in Vegas.... Always a great time!

S

Surely there will be a bunch of folks in town for VLV to meet at Frankie's. Looking forward to next week!

We'll be going (to Frankies) on Thursday night and Saturday night during Viva. Saturday night we'll have a BigToe in tow.

I just got home from Frankies Tiki Room. I was very impressed with the decor. Bamboo Ben did an awesome job. I loved the puffer lamps too, Swanky. Gotta get me one or two.

i WILL be showing up later than usual this Wednesday-after 8pm I'm sure. Can someone get there a little early and try to secure the "hut" area? (Where we usually hang out on Wednesdays). Thanks!

I'm thinking about sliding in there on Friday night. I might have some Hula Girl rehearsal CDs burned if anyone is interested....

I'm a new TC'er, but look forward to meeting fellow tiki folks. I will be at Frankie's tonight around 7:30ish.

I just got back from Frankie's.. It was nice to meet all you TCer's. Frankie's is the coolest tiki bar in Vegas. Anyone visiting Vegas should stop by Frankie's. They have a great drink menu and several tiki mugs available for purchase. I also enjoyed the old school movies on the TV.

M

Sorry I couldn't make it last night. I heard it was packed!

Frankie's is packed tonight too!

We had a great time at Frankie's during Viva Las Vegas. My wife and I conned my brother and his wife into going. Allsion is a great bartender. We are sorry we missed the Tiki Central crowd. We love Frankie's and will always make a point to stop there when we are in Vegas.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies