Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Been very busy..............pics

Pages: 1 12 replies

[ Edited by: tikifreak on 2004-12-20 12:27 ]

I
Ikit posted on Mon, Mar 24, 2003 10:50 AM

From what I can see of your work I think you are doing high quality work. For only carving Tiki's for two months I like the look of your work. I hope you sold well.

Thanks Ikit.

[ Edited by: tikifreak on 2004-01-09 12:51 ]

Great work! Looks like you stumbled onto an instant dream business. Think about it...if you did 14 300.00 tikis in a month and they all sold that's 4200.00 minus wood costs....Around 50,000 a year, which ain't bad.

G

good job. How did the general public react? did they know what they were?

Thanks Base....you know your right. I can sense the dollars headed my way. That would not be bad for a "side job" out of my garage. Full time with the US Postal Service as an Artist/Illustrator combined with that and I would definitely be headed to surf some undisclosed destinations alot more frequently. We'll see......it's not all about the doe, but it would not hurt. I just enjoy the art and seeing the look on people's face's when they walk up and see what I have done. I am very thankful I have been able to do something I always wanted to try.

Base, I just totally dig your stuff. Seriously...the weapons are unreal. Your very talented in your own awesome way......

Thanks for the good vibe...T.F.

Gecko, thanks to you as well for the good vibes. Killer reaction from the crowd! They were like these are waaaaaay cool. I've never seen anything like this, but I'm sure they have just not been around much, especially if they haven't been your way:) They look really good lit up at night.

P.S. Base forgot to mention, no wood cost. I get my stuff for free. One of the perks of living in Florida. Free logs = NO OVERHEAD., well not much...

T.F.

I
Ikit posted on Mon, Mar 24, 2003 3:53 PM

I would also like to sate that when I said “For only carving Tiki's for two months I like the look of your work” I did not mean that your Tiki’s looked like you have only been carving them for two months in any way. I just assumed you were a sculptor or at least cabinetmaker who had moved to Tiki’s.

Can you tell me about how long they will maintain the high contrast look they have from being freshly carved?

Get your web page up!

T

tikfreak,awsome work ! Please let us know if/when you get a website up. looking forward to more pics!

[ Edited by: tikifreak on 2004-01-09 12:50 ]

I
Ikit posted on Tue, Mar 25, 2003 10:18 AM

Tikifreak,

As an Artist/Illustrator it should be pretty easy. Watch your bandwidth, as that is where the hosting companies make some money so if you do not have host find out about what they charge if you go over. I am not sure what experience you have but if you need any help with the webpage itself let me know and I can probably help.

Nice job. What tools do you perfer to carve with.

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2003-03-25 13:35 ]

T

[ Edited by: tikifreak on 2004-01-09 12:49 ]

Pages: 1 12 replies