Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

"The Rumpus Room" Kirbys home bar

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies

K
kirby posted on Thu, May 14, 2009 4:39 PM

I think that qualifies.. stop on by...

Hey Kirby- My boy loves the tiki pendant you gave me when I was there. I dig it too! He wore it to the post office with me the other day. I'm still trying to wrestle it back from him!

K

Thanks Kirby and Polly for your hospitality last Tuesday. The Rumpus Room is sweet! Kirby, not only did you guys achieve a nice execution with the materials, but with your art, the volcano, and humorous touches it really shows your unique personality. Awesome!

What a treat, hanging in your fab tiki room, drinking Trader Tom's tasty (and lovely) Mai Tais and talking tiki with some very cool LA ohana. It was great meeting you all and I hope to see you again later this summer!

M

Another excellent night at the Rumpus Room... Great tunes!

Somebody got something in the mail today!

Thanks Kirby for the including me as one of the recipients for the Rumpus Room pendant. I'll get back there one of these days.

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, May 27, 2009 7:48 AM

Awesome job on the build out you guys
Its looking to be one cool hang out!
Cheers!

T
TikiG posted on Wed, May 27, 2009 8:18 AM

TikiMango - Looking good with your pendant, man! I'm glad you posted this pic 'cause Kirby asked last night if I had sent it to you..here's proof! :)

Speaking of last night, I had a wonderful time hanging out at the Rumpus Room. Met a couple of new tiki friends too, you can't beat that.

DigiTiki organized us to pick one exotica flavored song (from a collection of CDs and rare vinyl LPs) then had each of us introduce it live for his "The Quiet Village" podcast. Very very cool. Thanks for the honor Mark.

Tobunga holds his Quiet Village at the Rumpus Room art while DigiTiki salutes. Cheers!

Kirby and Tikiyaki discuss the new Tikiyaki Orchestra Jungle Jet Pack that is available to order TONIGHT

Hiphipahula - the Rumpus Room mixologist creates a delicious beverage

Bewitched By Tiki hangin out at the Rumpus Room - making friends

My latest painting. Now the Rumpus Room's latest painting. Thanks Kirby for making wall space available.

That's all for now. Thanks goes out to Kirby and Polly again. You two are the best. Cheers! G

K
kirby posted on Wed, May 27, 2009 9:21 AM

that was fun.I cant wait to listen to the podcast. Thanks for singin my mom happy birthday.CU Next Tuesday..

On 2009-05-27 08:18, TikiG wrote:
TikiMango - Looking good with your pendant, man! I'm glad you posted this pic 'cause Kirby asked last night if I had sent it to you..here's proof! :)

Speaking of last night, I had a wonderful time hanging out at the Rumpus Room. Met a couple of new tiki friends too, you can't beat that.

Hiphipahula - the Rumpus Room mixologist creates a delicious beverag

Damn, Hipster....check that intensity while making that drink.
MIXOLOGY, DAMMIT !!!!!
I VILL MAKE DA PURFEKT KOKTAIL ! AAGGGH !!!!!

Deleted : double post

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-05-29 18:21 ]

Thank you so much Kirby and Polly for graciously allowing me to attend the Rumpus Room again...what an amazing place. Thanks to TikiG also for being my "sponsor"!! I so appreciate the amount of work that went into that place. The new painting looks great in the rumpus room lighting G!

I had a fantastic time last night what a great group of people...... Hiphipahula you mix a mean cocktail I loved Leilani's Volcano (my new favorite). Being able to attend the podcast was a nice way to share individual musical choices, I think Grog wins for the most unique selections!! That was fun. Thanks again and I look forward to seeing all of you again soon.

"The gods have been angered by all the celebrating"

[ Edited by: Bewitched By Tiki 2009-05-27 11:33 ]

Wow! The Rumpus Room looks amazing thanks for sharing your place Kirby.
Sorry again about the Navy Grog dousing Tobunga, I may rename this variant to the "Tobunga Soaker".
I can't wait to hear the latest podcast Mark.

Mahalo
Sparkle Mark

Doubledamn. Wish I lived closer - looks like fun for everyone! Kirby your room looks great and how better to break it in than weekly gatherings. Have fun!

ok yall need to come & visit the Rumpus Room next Tues.We has a gas of a time!! B.Y.O.M. Bring your mug

Kirby are you open next Tues .

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Jun 19, 2009 8:25 AM

I'll be hangin at the Rumpus Room next Tuesday..looking forward to it. Always a great evening!

Thank You to Kirby and Polly for hosting as usual.

Trader Vics in Downtown LA is moving there TC night to Tues.
does that mean Rumpus room moves to thurs.?
or Rumpus room people make voyage to TV's once in awhile?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M
Murph posted on Sat, Jun 20, 2009 9:54 PM

Trader Vics is going to have a hard time competing against the Rumpus Room on Tuesdays.
The Rumpus Room is the best Tiki bar in LA.

[ Edited by: Murph 2009-06-20 21:54 ]

K
kirby posted on Mon, Jun 22, 2009 8:24 AM

jymmy ..The Rumpus Room Is always open to you bro..
BTD..The Rumpus Room will never bow down to corporate pressures...
C.U.Next.Tuesday

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-06-22 08:24 ]

T

Tuesday Nite = Rumpus Room Period.
C.U. Next Tuesday

M

Another excellent night in the Rumpus Room.
Good seeing everyone.

T

So does this mean, for the pre-Oasis week:

Tuesday- Rumpus Room
Wednesday- Tiki Ti
Thursday- Trader Vic's or offical Pre-party

If so, I'm so jealous of you guys!

G

Great looking place Kirby!

Holy Shit! The Rumpus Room Rocks!
Killer job on the place!
Who knew Tuesday is the new Saturday!
We left at 2AM and the party was still going!
Mahalo to gracious hosts Kirby and Polly!
And special thanks to master mixologist Kelly!
That girl can mix!

Cheers!

Jason & Claudette

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 1, 2009 12:16 PM

Another fun night at the Rumpus Room. Kirby had to kick everybody out. The drinks were really nice to GROG last night, but not so much this morning. Dr.Z, GROG need more of your hangover remedy.

Mai Tai Meeting Tuesday 7/7/09 Please Come Your all Welcome. We always Throw a Great Party!!

Aloha! The "Rumpus Room” is Kirby and Polly's Home Tiki Bar.
Originally built by Grandpa as a room for the family to relax as the summer breeze squeezed past the louvered windows. Many years later becoming Grandmas boring ol' laundry room. This past year 2009 after months of hard work, the "Rumpus Room" was hand built by Kirby, Polly and fellow Tiki Ohana, Tiki Mango and Tiki G, with additional help from Tikiyaki Orchestra, Jim Bacchi and Marty Lush, they mostly just drank Mai Tais and watched us.....
Any Tikiphile is invited to be a fan of the “Rumpus Room” Please let us know if you plan to be in SoCal. in the areas of La Crescenta, Montrose, Tujunga, La Cañada - Flintridge, Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena or the San Fernando Valley on a Tuesday and can join us for a Mai Tai From 7pm-12am. Regular attendees of the “Rumpus Room” will be charted and with regular attendance will earn the right to become a member in great standing and will receive free an Original “Kirby Art” “Rumpus Room Pendant”
Just drop us a note for directions to the "Rumpus Room" Kirby or Hiphipahula.
Thank You for your support. Alcohol and Cash (for Booze) Donations are always welcome we depend on it.
Lemon and Lime Donation required at the door :)

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-06 19:30 ]

On 2009-06-22 08:24, kirby wrote:
BTD..The Rumpus Room will never bow down to corporate pressures...

I dunno bout that, sounds like its gettin kinda corporate to me all ready.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M
Murph posted on Wed, Jul 15, 2009 1:45 PM

Another excellent night at the Rumpus Room.
Thanks Polly and Kirby you're on a roll!

See you all Friday night.

M
Murph posted on Wed, Jul 22, 2009 4:04 PM

Another great Tuesday.
Cool listening to the Quiet Village podcast.

A8

The room looks GREAT!!

[ Edited by: Agent 86 2009-07-28 19:38 ]

M

Another super Tuesday night.

Flaming Macadamia Nut Chi Chis!

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Jul 29, 2009 7:42 AM

Yeah Murph..the Flaming Macadamia Nut Chi Chi = yummy goodness in a tiki bowl.

Thanks Hiphipahula for the surprise award-winning special presentation.
This kicked my Tuesday night into high gear (maybe the Painkiller as a Chi Chi chaser helped?!!?)

(I love the psychedelic light patterns hovering over our table!

• Thanks Bewitched by Tiki for the unique capture of this pic)

Thanks again Kirby & Polly for a great time :)
To the Rumpus Room Ohana...Cheers! Love 'yall, til next time..

I'll claim that lens flare/orb was me there in Spirit!

Notice how we all seem to have other drinks going while we drink from the bowl.

M
Murph posted on Wed, Jul 29, 2009 1:00 PM

On 2009-07-29 12:58, Joe Banks wrote:

That's the exact reason we were all designed with two hands.

JB

On 2009-07-29 13:00, Murph wrote:

That's the exact reason we were all designed with two hands.

Ahh...makes perfect sense!

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Jul 29, 2009 2:35 PM

Mango!

WE MISS YOU!

It was great fun, I am so glad I finally got to make it! it was great meeting new friends and seeing old ones, and kelly'sdrinks were great!

Amy

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 29, 2009 10:18 PM

Nice seeing you and Ray at the Rumpus Room, Amy. It was a little smaller turnout than usual, but still enjoyable. And excellent drinks as always. Thanks Kelly, and Tom.

Thats cause your drunks :D :D

On 2009-07-29 12:52, TikiMango wrote:
I'll claim that lens flare/orb was me there in Spirit!

I knew it Ray!!!! Miss you....

sweet room love the volcano

HJ

Out-freaking standing room project. Thank you for sharing.

That is surely stimulus to continue working on music room with Tiki-theme...youngest daughter moved away and her bedroom is now her father's music (mostly guitars and amps) room Tiki-theme lite, so far. But wow, what inspiration those photos were!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Mar 4, 2010 9:33 PM

Funked up the front entrance thanks to a recent visit to bosko's..I accualy ran out of molding so I had to improvise an make a few panels myself.. They turned out ok but not nearly as good as bosko would do...

A8

This door looks amazing, Kirby!!

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Mar 5, 2010 7:09 AM

Pretty funkin' kool, Kirbs!

W

Looks great!

I've seriously gotta make the trek down and see Kirby's place in person. It looks fantastic!

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies