Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

small wood carving from France. Short update last page

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 695 replies

Nice work Jerome, looking forward to seeing more of that flat piece.
Love the pendants.

Great pendant laojia !!!! Your skills always amaze me

[ Edited by: Creative Chimp 2010-06-17 19:44 ]

I'm lovin' those pendants laojia. Good stuff!

Beautiful work! Love the pendant also!

I've been away too long... lot's of great stuff in your studio!

B

'Bout time you did some honest work,, series of 11, does the mold break then?? :o :D
The pendant looks great and the panel holds Lots of promise, but you think you could have found a Harder wood?

You getting familiar with the Dremel I see? Love it!

B

I don't want one, I need one !

Great stuuf once again !

Mahalo,

B.

L

Hello TC'ers fellow! Summer is finally here, and tomorrow fly to go even in the sun for a few days! :D :D

Tahitiki, thank you! I think you're not the only one to love this one. :)

Seek, the flat board look mostly a long way to go. I would do the update.

Conga, thank you for comment and support.

CreativeChimp, thank for the comp'! You know, if this is so successful while it is also thanks to the design of Bai.

Jungle trader, thank you too!

Dave! Happy to see you here! Thank's for comment and good luck for Ohana!

BenZ! It's the first serie, handcarved in walnut! Only 11. A second with a mold come later. If I found a harder wood , I'll built harder toolz! :P Thank's for stopping here Sensei carver.

Bennno! You'll get one! But you already knew... :wink:

Well, just one photo, a comissioned work for the wife of a friend

She love Owl...

Thank's for looking! Next update in two weeks.
Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

Beautiful! The eyes are perfect...you must be stoked!

One of a kind owl you have there well done.

B

Jerome, I Swear you are a Master in disguise. You pretend you are just learning BUT,,I Know your little secret and I Promise to tell Noon.
The Owl is simple perfection.

B

ALSO!!!. I Love the thinking here: "If they make a Harder wood, I'll find Harder tools"!!!! Way Cool!
and Oh Yeah,,, "Not Open 'till July 15"??????????? Heee

FACEBOOK

[ Edited by: Benzart 2010-07-08 06:43 ]

B

Looks like it's more than 2 weeks now :wink:

C

Nice owl! :), what happen with the fruit for your beautiful three, you promised, I still waiting :)

S

Where are the chips? and im not english.

L

Back from vacation... few day ago.

Thank you all from reply and looking!

Surfin', not really perfect, we see little on the photo, but the right to a small crack. Thank you.

Seeksurf, thank you too! Is that the swimsuit is dry? What Lono regain their dignity!

BenZ! Me a master in disguise? No !!! :roll: A secret? Me? No no... :roll: Thank you for support Sensei carver! We are 15th of July... :D :D :D

Bennno, three week now... Thank's for the Bump. :P

Clarita, thank you! The fruits is not ripe yet, even with the heat here it necessary to wait the month of August. I'll do a picture of the (small) harvest before my girls eat everything...

Seek, the chips are here:

Sanding:

I've begin this Tangaroa a cold winter afternoon with hatchet and adze just to warm up me in the workshop to 4c °(40f°). Yesterday I decided to put him on the bench and is now finished. No electric tools have been used for this one. Other pictures to come, right now it dry on the shelf...

Have a nice day, especially people who have birthday!

Jérôme.

sweet Jerome....looks like you are gonna be busy for a while with the
few pieces on the bench. Really nice little tang.

B

Hats off dude,

did you do it ffor your own birthday ? :wink:

T

Very SMOOOOTH!!!

L

Hi dear TC'ers fellow!

Thank you Conga! You're right, full of project and some roughing going to be over for these last days of vacation. But I must first finish the bed for my daughter, still a little painting this morning ...

Benjamin, thank's for the hats off! But re-put him over your head, plenty of sunshine now ... :roll: It is true that I have a little hard to see from this one. Here he is finished:

Thank's for comp' Tikigodz, always welcome! :)

I guess I can now show this (pending another pics):

Two grenadill brother Rei Puta, now one on each side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

C

Impressive! I vote summer on the bench :)

B

I vote for the bench too !
Can't wait to see the Tang for real... if he's not sold before :lol:

B.

Wow! That Tang is Stylin'! And the finish is perfect.
Nice Rei Puta pieces too, spread across the ocean no less...they should be in every corner of the globe!! World dominance!!

S

Well done on the Tang! I like the face tapered at a point and
that finish job looks great.(chips are good)

On 2010-07-15 22:11, laojia wrote:

Perfect! He looks so calm and wise. Zen-Tang!

L
  • Thank you Clarita and Bennno! OK for the bench, anyway I've been on the beach:

-Surfin'Dave! World dominance!! I would not go that far, otherwise I will not have time for my day nap. :roll: Thank you for kind words, especially for the Tang, you're making some so beautiful.

-Seeksurf, thank you too! Glad you like chips...

-4WBill, I think you saw right, motion passed:

Many thank's!

News from the bench:

A scarface Moai in Birch:

In fact, the scarface is an internal crack. It was not visible when I start. Curious thing, I also have a small scar at the same place due to a cut when I was in school ...

A Tang carved in a hard and old (100 years) plank of Scots Pine:

Despite its age the timber is still full of sap and spread a very pleasant smell. But what a bitch to work!

there are still finishing on this one, the wood does not sanding, all the papers clog with sap, even the blades become dirty.

That's all for today!
Thank's for looking and have a nice day!

Jérôme.

I love the Scottish Tang! Great use of the wood's dimensions. And the zebra-like grain is poppin'. Hope you use a light stain so it still shows!

T

Very nice that grain looks awesome!!

All great works, but I love the Tang the most!

That's where your wild woodgrain is coming from... there's so much sap in that guy!

Careful if you hit it with a torch... that sap goes up quickly!

Also, sometimes the stain has a hard time drying on super sappy pieces... it can't soak in as good.

If you want to remove some of the gummy surface so you can sand easier, try a citrus based cleaner and rub it on.
Or just try some cut limes or lemons and rub off with a clean cloth. I've used it with success on logs that would weep sap and make a sticky mess.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2010-07-23 22:08 ]

A
amate posted on Sat, Jul 24, 2010 8:33 AM

You are producing some absolutely beautiful work. That Zen-Tang is nothing short of world class! Just marvelous!!!!!!!!!

S

Right on! the Moai scar is crazy and the thin tang is so cool. I love the grain.
Everyone says the pine does not carve well, but after seeing this YOU made it look
like gold.

B

Greetings Master in disguise :o
Thanks SO Much for the b-day present and wishes!!!! :P :)

:D I Love all the Tikis in the bed photo, Hell, Love all the TOOLZ Too!

This Zen-Tang is the sweetest one I think there ever was, Just excellent work!

However THIS one on the Right has to be the Coolest one on the page since it is hanging 'round my neck right now.
Jerome, Thanks Many times for the Birthday present and wishes, You are an OK guy,, HappyHappyHappy

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Jul 29, 2010 8:18 AM

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful work! Thanks so much for posting.

Love that scotts pine Tang, everything else too. Nice relief carving
hanging in the background too.

B

Oh Yeah, Love the Scott Pine Tiki too, And scarface has a Cool history.

C

Oh ok if you can go to the beach and update like that, i'm ok with it then :)
Great new ones, the moai, the present for the chief and that 100 years old plank of Scots Pine looks amazing!

L

Well, full of work in the workshop these few day. Some Tiki, some furniture, lot of dust and chips but no more pics. All is started and nothing finished... An happy mess! :o
I hope make an update with full of pics soon, when the days will count 36 hours... :roll:

-Thank's for the comp' Bill, no stain for this Tang, a natural finishing, just polished. A pic below... It will be hung in the small office of my wife.

-Tikigodz, thankz !

-Thank you for kind words and precious advises Dave! I found the back of the shop an old bottle of citrus-based thinner. This helped me a lot, also to clean the blades. Thank you again.

-"Zen-Tang is nothing short of world class!" WOW... Thank you Amate! I'm glad to see your new work.

• Seek-Master-of-log, thank you too! The Scots pine has given me right from wrong and even more to my gouges, three completely re-sharpening. Now it is finished I'm really happy, especially since it's a holiday memory, this piece of wood come from Portugal. Thank's again for the kind words!

• Da BenZ! Thank's for reply and comp'! Also glad you like it this little gift. I hope you post a photo as well done as this one :P . Thank's again for support Sensei carver!

-Thank's thank's thank's TikiG!

-Conga, thank you. The relief carving hanging was carved by my father 30 years ago in three exemplary. This represents a thistle around a cross of Lorraine, the region where we live.

• Thank's for the comp' Clarita! I have already started using these little things from the beach, news soon. And the plums are ripe soon ... Stay tuned.

Thank's all for looking!
Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

That Scott's Pine is too cool...nice look. I like how you mounted them on the wall!

L

Thank you surfin'Dave! Now the room where stand the scott's pine tang is almost finished, hanging final soon...

Now some pics of the work in progress... Many things started and few finished

First the finished:

Finally, the hand carved Tiki Tribe series, walnut oiled and polished:

Less two, one on my desk, one other as model for the resin cast series:

pics with paint soon...

Always the same pattern, for the Tiki Tribe sign:

finished pic also soon...

Also finished, started last year, my dovetail tool box:

In the class almost done:
Some little basswood carving fo wall hanging with beachcombing inlays

And a side hanger hei tiki in pink ivory:

Quite another thing, I started to see what I could do this piece of obsidian

first try to split the stone, the bright interior

I've cut some pieces of which I will try to make tools

and small pieces for inlays

Also on the bench, my first attempt of bone carving:
one twisted pendant and one hei tiki

Tools what I use whitout The copying saw

The twisted bone sanding:

not quite regular, it is the first

Thank's for looking

Jérôme.

B

Nice stuff Jerome,,, I LOVE that you Finally decided to carve some Bone.. It will take about 3 carvings for you to find out what it will do to your detail ability, Then, Watch out, you'll be hooked forever. Which reminds me I Gotta carve some bone.
Love the tools,, it's all you need and Peeerrfect for bone.

Fancy, nice.

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Aug 15, 2010 8:10 PM

wow, any man would be be proud to wear that twist. That is ballz out bad!

N

Nice bone work

B

Also finished, started last year, my dovetail tool box:

The world's greatest tool box!

Nice work, Jerome!

Bowie

E2

superbe travail , avec une finition top !!!!

T

Great new stuff Jerome. You are a tiki machine!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 16, 2010 9:19 AM

GROG like.

Lot's cookin'! All of it looking GREAT. We got another boner on TC! :lol:

T

great stuff, love the little ones on top.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 695 replies