Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

velvet paintings

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 458 replies

Just to get this in the right thread...

It's an original Charles McPhee called Tahitian Innocence, dated 1961.

I thought I recognized that when I met you on the way out! I musta missed that one cause I went down Row S and never saw it!

Congrats and nice to meet you!

PTD

Wow, nice to meet you too! I got so many compliments and looks on the way out. Yeah, like I said, the ladies only had this one, they did have a mug or two and some cool stuff in general, but I hardly see any velvet paintings that would be of our collective liking out there...

I look forward to getting to know you better in person next time I am out in Alameda Psycho Tiki D.

T

On 2009-07-17 15:06, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Picked up another nude today...

Hey Psycho D, where did you get this?

I sold this exact painting to a guy in California a few years ago. Can't remember who, it was a random ebay buyer. Got it at an estate auction here in Chicago.

Mine was identical in every way, right down to the girl's deformed-looking left hand.

Sure, these things were often copied and produced in quantity, but wouldn't it be odd if you had my former copy. It is easy to identify - someone screwed a wooden ruler to the back of the frame, ostensibly to strengthen the frame. Ring a bell?

On 2009-08-02 19:09, Cool Manchu wrote:
Wow, nice to meet you too! I got so many compliments and looks on the way out. Yeah, like I said, the ladies only had this one, they did have a mug or two and some cool stuff in general, but I hardly see any velvet paintings that would be of our collective liking out there...

I look forward to getting to know you better in person next time I am out in Alameda Psycho Tiki D.

Cool Manchu,

Still amazed by the quality of your velvet! I don't make it out to Alameda too often, but I will let you know the next time we go and we can meet up. Great score and hope you find the proper place to hang it!

PTD

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.