Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Aruba Motel & Tiki Restaurant, Tucumcari, NM, Tucumcari, NM (restaurant)

Pages: 1 5 replies

Name:Aruba Motel & Tiki Restaurant, Tucumcari, NM
Type:restaurant
Street:1700 E. Tucumcari Blvd.
City:Tucumcari
State:NM
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
As stated on the back of the postcard:
Twenty-eight tastefully appointed unusually well maintained rooms, combination tubs and showers; central refrigeration and hot water heat; room phones; cable tv, and heated swimming pool. Distinctively different "TIKI" Restaurant.

Renamed the Tucumcari Inn. Recent photos from Expedia.

Recent photos from flickr.

[ Edited by: Tiki Shaker 2009-03-22 17:57 ]

damn!..i wish i visited this place when i took the route 66 through tucumcari......we stayed at the blue swallow motel.....i wonder if this place was remodeled by then. ..it 1994 when i took the trip....

,,anyway, those tikis are identical to the kontiki motel sign in arizona....probably made by the same sign manufacturer back in the day......the other sign with the spears is a common design as well .. I have seen variations on it with the same basic structure and different wording......in fact, there is a motel on the route in tucumcari with a middle eastern them and if i recall, it employs the same spear style sign....maybe even the same one after the they tore down the aruba sign, this place might have bought it and reused it...

I got a different postcard from the Aruba motel.

Close up of the Tiki sign.

The Tiki restaurant.

Those sure look like Tikis on the roof of the restaurant.

And the cool architectural features around the pool, including Tiki torches and a shield and spear feature on the pool building.

But wait, there's more! I also got an old photo showing a close up of the sign.

Now where have I seen those Tiki masks before???

DC

I'm not sayin'. :)

Now I remember that place, thanks DC. Good score on that sign photo

Very cool! Makes me wish I was born earlier to see some of these great spots.

Pages: 1 5 replies