Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1,136 replies

B

Thanks Hiltiki, I wasn't really Gone, I just wasn't around much!

Thanks harro, where you be these days?

Watango, thank you man, You might actually be Safer carving the small stuff, hard to break bones with the tiny tikis. Maybe a bit of blood here and there but all small stuff,,, TRY it You'll Like it!

Willie,,, so you've been Talking? Thanks man, where you been?

Thanks BigT, yes they wouldn't bounce too long falling on a tile or concrete floor. Thanks, the Ku WAS tiny, 1/2" diameter by 2 inches tall.

GROG, Thanks, been Awhile1

Tama, Wow, it's been a Long time, The bench is an Ongoing update and I see so many useful set-ups from your end of the world,,,Thanks for the kind words!

McTiki Thanks too, The guy with the Ridge on his forehead is a Hei-Tiki, I Am feeling better and I'll be around a bit here and there.

Thanks Surfintiki, Appreciate the love, YES I Do kinda like this green stuff. Don't get yourself started as it tends to bite you and take over,, it's Relentless but Lovingly so.

Thanks everyone I Do miss being here, just don't allot enough time to be here much.,CHEERS

B

Thanks for the comps everyone, I know it's been awhile so Hello and hopefully I'll be back soon.
Here's some of the few pieces I've been working on, The Waka Huia is slowly getting there and a Hei-Tiki is almost complete. needs eyes and teeth and then a home.

a Waka Whata ?
Is that an entire bowl supported by 3 guys ??
In jade ???
That sound ?
Just me falling out of my chair.

Wak waka waka waka! OH My!!
Ben good to see ya here. Hello.

M

Beautiful Benz! Just Beautiful. That bowl will be a Treasure!

Mahalo

Mc

T

Nice to see some updates. I forgot just how small that bowl was! Incredible.

wow ben

H

How did I miss this one? You are still the best.. :)

.......my radar is off cuz i dont know how this got past me. BEAUTIFUL Ben ....just beautiful . is it finish ?huh?huh? ....or did i miss that too.......

[ Edited by: Creative Chimp 2011-11-13 09:30 ]

You are not human...

T

Hi Ben - good to see you back to your excellent work, (just to understate it a little :wink:)

What is that new (to me) tool with the black handle and a rock saw blade clamped on the end? Pretty cool!

That bowl is really very interesting. Looks like you gotta be real careful with that one.

Greg

you know what's amazing about you ben? You are seriously the best carver around - everything you do is pure gold. From the design to the execution of the piece to the fact that you have a ton of other stuff going on, and always come back with a smile and a kind word. My god, these jade pieces are INCREDIBLE. I have no idea how you do it, continually come up with different design ideas time after time - each one very complicated and a masterpiece in it's own right. Very impressive indeed.

I was just thinking, while I was looking at your catalogue of work - do you have any idea how many tiki carvings you've done? I bet there's a TON! You, my friend, are a true master. Looking forward to seeing more!!!!!

P

The pics don't even do it justice.

In person it's freakin' amazing.

Awesome work Benz...

B

WOW, Thanks big time for the Kind words and props everyone, and nice seeing you guys again T-gap and Poly P-nak. I haven't been doing much carving lately due to the same old crappy bad back but will have it Finally repaired after the Vegas visit.
Have worked on a few pieces at the Gem carving class and thats about it.
HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY Holodays Everyone, Love you All!

from a light green jade from China

4" tall made from a dark green "garden variety" Chinese Jade

Mexican river rock. Some pieces made for our local Rock and Gem Show in the class.

A couple more small Mexican river Rocks

Illegal Alien, Mexican River rock.

The old fart hisself.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 23, 2011 9:47 AM

Good stuff. GROG like.

N

wow...really amazing work Benzart.

Ben...what happened to all your hair!
It's great to see you posting some "stuff" again..like Poly says...it's the best stuff around.
Best wishes with your back and all that.

B

Thanks Grog!
Nixon, you too.
Conga,, Hair? What Hair? I was trimming it and the clip slipped off the shears and before I knew it there was a 4 inch bald swath so after I got over the shock and heart attack I just went with it and evened it out. Thanks too for your kind words...
HAPPYHAPPYHAPPYYYYYY, We are in Vegas right now and will be through Sunday. I have a couple or 3 pieces I might sell for the right price if anyone's interested.

Benzer sir, I love that green jade. Excellent as always.

N
NIxxon posted on Sat, Dec 3, 2011 2:31 PM

some really great stuff there Ben. Fine work.

always amazed by the detail...so much detail....when you get your back fixed are ya going to start doing the big stuff again???? great update BENZ....hope all goes well on your vegas trip.

K
Keylo posted on Thu, Dec 8, 2011 5:05 PM

Unreal stuff!! Those facial expressions kill me, like Chimp said, amazing detail!!

HOK

Amazing work as usual :lol: Which one did Buzzy get?? Really hard to pick only one!

T

On 2011-11-23 04:49, Benzart wrote:

Awesome benz! Love that!

B

Thanks Guys, you Know I love you all even though I don't post here very often. I am gonna try to be here more in the future so keep an eye out and you can always find me at face book too. (Benzart Davis)

The Vegas trip was Awesome, Frankies was a Very Memorable Party. Also went with Buzzy and Zaya to the Desert hideaway Mojave Oasis and spent an Incredible night and viewed all the transformations there for the first time. Awesome work on all artists involved too!

Buzzy latched on to the Best of all the pieces I had, The palm frond Lono.
latched on to the Best of all the pieces I had, The palm frond Lono Thanks Buzzy, I had a feeling long ago this one was destined for you...Strange the way things work out.

Some pieces are still available when finished so if you see any you like, PM me and we can work something out.

After they fix my back (delayed a week from a nasty cold brought back from Vegas, IF I get over it by Tuesday)I may just do some Big Benzarts,,, We'll see.

Also I won't be at Hukilau this year so if any of you would like to see me and get a lesson or tip or two message me and come see me, I'm only a bit over an hour north and I'm sure a group of you could easily make the trip.

Happy happy HAPPEEEE.

FACEBOOK

[ Edited by: Benzart 2011-12-11 09:21 ]

NOT going to HUKILAU!!! Whaaaaa

Z
Zaya posted on Tue, Dec 13, 2011 4:37 PM

On 2011-12-11 09:19, Benzart wrote:
The Vegas trip was Awesome, Frankies was a Very Memorable Party. Also went with Buzzy and Zaya to the Desert hideaway Mojave Oasis and spent an Incredible night and viewed all the transformations there for the first time. Awesome work on all artists involved too!

It was so great to see you and Sherry! I had such a fun time at Frankie's, and was so lucky to find the best seat in the house while we were there. :)

I can't wait until the next time we can all be together again!

Zaya

HOK

Nice Picture! Looks like fun. :)

B

Thanks Zaya, It WAS great and we really were glad to spend some time with you guys. (Who is that old fart sitting next to you and Buzz?)
Ku House, Thanks it was. Also do I understand you recently added a benzart to your collection????

C

Hi Benz, wow that The palm frond Lono its the coolest ever, so much style and personality love him!

HOK

On 2011-12-14 04:10, Benzart wrote:
House of ku, Thanks it was. Also do I understand you recently added a Benzart to your collection????

I was lucky to find this on Ebay and it seemed to stay under the radar :)

The detail is outstanding!!

Benzart #22 Hawaiian Lono

Happy,happy, happy... Thanks for carving this!
Aloha, Freddie

B

Thanks Clarita, Glad you liked that little guy.
Freddie, Congrats on getting this guy, wow, Haven't seen him in a long time. I didn't get any good shots of him since I dropped my camera a few days prior to finishing and all I had were scanned images of him. Nice photos there, what is that background on the first two shots?

Had my surgery Yesterday morning (Friday) and am home today with some good results. At least half the pain is gone and hopefully the rest will follow! Good to be home.

T
TikiG posted on Sat, Jan 7, 2012 11:26 AM

Hi Ben - yay! Hope all is well and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Talk again soon, G

B

Thanks Gtiki!

P

Nice E-bay score!

And Benz. glad your recovery is going well. Hope to visit again soon.

Glad to hear your surgery went well! Hope all that pain's gone soon!

WC

It feels good, to feel good.

HOK

On 2012-01-07 11:21, Benzart wrote:
Nice photos there, what is that background on the first two shots?

I used a woven, nylon ghillie suit top as the background...

and shot the photo through one of those magnifying lights... for extra closeups...:lol:

Aloha, Freddie

B

Thanks guys, YES it feels Great to Feel great, most of the pain is gone for now. Thanks Freddie, Cool thinkin to get that background.

Ben, NOBODY, makes a lono come alive like you do!

B

Well I've been messing around in the shop recently and have a few pieces of jade to show for it. Something absolutely out of character for me, Crosses, I've done a few for a friend who gifted me a bunch of jade, and Also a white jade Moai for Clarita tiki in the works, Sorry it took so long Clarita (waiting 3,4,5,How many years?)

C

Finally! Happy happy! yes I don't know how many years now, I've been on actual "list"!
but ever since I meet Harro here, 2007-04-13 according to my thread,
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=21408&forum=7&start=105
Look, he was wearing a green moai of yours, and since then I want one!
Looks amazing so far, can't wait to have an authentic Benzart, Thanks so much!
Something must be going right with the planets now... :)

Nice update Benz, another great jade Moai, especially great that it's going to
Clarita. Always look forward to this thread...Happy Happy Happy sunday.

Hey Ben, such a great pieces you made so far, damn!! i allready saw some great stuff off ya on facebook but hey, there's no ending.... keep it up!!!

B

Hi Peeps,
Just got home from the hospital from having a stent installed in my heart. It went well and hopefully I'll be back carving in a couple weeks. Cheers!

get well fast,
the world needs more of your awesome work.
are you going to put stents in all future tikis?

jon

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Apr 4, 2012 5:34 PM

Speedy recovery before toiling in 90° heat. Carve when you are comfotable and on the mend.

Mahalo

McTiki

WC

Feel good.
Hurry back.
We need you.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1136 replies