Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1,136 replies

P

^ ditto!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Apr 5, 2012 8:58 AM

Well wishes!!

A
amate posted on Thu, Apr 5, 2012 9:39 AM

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

C

Very glad you are home, take it easy chief :)

T

On 2012-04-04 15:40, Benzart wrote:
Hi Peeps,
Just got home from the hospital from having a stent installed in my heart. It went well and hopefully I'll be back carving in a couple weeks. Cheers!

Great news, Ben. Best wishes!

H

Best wishes Ben, hope you are feeling better.

C

Good luck with the recovery Ben...we need that heart to keep
spreading the love around here!

Yeah, we know ya got a big heart! Keep it pumping, and rest up please.

B

Thanks all, i am feeling much better after finishing the 35 EECP treatments and have worked a solid week 3 to 4 hours a day and have these 2 guys nearnig completion. The Marq is 13 inches tall and the Moai 1s 10"

M

Beautiful!

Thank you Ben! I'm glad you are feeling better.

Mahao

McTiki

P

very cool Benz!

I dig it.

Awesome
Glad your feelin better n back in action...

Hay Ben,
Nice to see you stopping by with some goodies
to show us how it's done.

C
cy posted on Sun, Aug 26, 2012 9:27 AM

Didn't know of your situation Benz, glad to see you coming back strong and giving us all inspiration. Love the added eyes in the moai.

A

So good to see you back to carving and posting the results! Quality stuff.

love that Marq, glad you're back in the saddle, stay out the way of the storm!

B

Finally finished the Moai, the Marq still has a ways to go yet.
Heres the Moai and the MArq and a couple shots of a little jade frog I did for a lady's ring. He's sitting on Lincoln's head on that penny.

H

Wow is all I can say and I wish you would visit us more often, we miss you Ben.

Geeeeez!

C
cy posted on Sat, Nov 17, 2012 9:44 AM

Gorgeous Benzart!

After all these years you're still takin' us all to school! :lol:
Absolutely beautiful!

A
amate posted on Sun, Nov 18, 2012 6:13 AM

Not much I can add to the comments already made so I'll just add some exclamation marks...!!!!!

[ Edited by: amate 2012-11-18 06:14 ]

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/kau/art/3384682542.html

Saw this and thought of you brotha Ben.

incredible!

some way rad detail in a very little space... mind blowing

Dangggggggggggggggggg

Impressively outstanding work. The detail in your carved mo'o is unbelievable. Makes my hands cramp just looking at them & imagining the time & hard work invested. Your tiny frog made me cringe even more. Please tell us Benzo, how do you do it? Is there some sort of hand, finger stretching exercises you do before every carving session? When I make little pieces, I'm always dropping them or the machine yanks them out of my giant hands.

Great carvings,very accurate!!!seems i have to take a holiday to watch it all!!!

Awesome! The detail is killer!

C
Cljha posted on Tue, Nov 20, 2012 9:35 AM

Hi Ben,

Ok, obviously superbe work, and the tekoteko, left me speechless, it's a design I'm always amazed by, but it is outside of my comfort zone...but when I see work like yours...man I have to try, thanks for giving me the kick :wink:

B

New stuff from Benzart, a Koa bark Lono and a Palmfrond lono as well as a video featuring the Hook knife on the palm frond lono.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4972774471729&set=vb.1070285549&type=2&theater

Sweet.
Nice vid.

B

Heres a couple new ones

P

damn! those are killer....

glad you're back on the bench...

BENZ
nice to see more of your stuff
and that video, wow, I watched it once,
then put on 2 band aids so I could watch it again.
awesome

jon

T

Hey Ben, these are awesome! I saw your video on Facebook - it's great to see the master in action! You have a bunch of great pics there too.

Great stuff man! Interesting wood you are working with in the video,very creative! best wishes!

B

Thanks Big time for all the great comments guys, Much appreciated. Finally finished a couple pieces, first this Marq going to NZ, Then a a jade Manaia done in Australian Black jade.

P

awesome.

C
cy posted on Sun, Nov 3, 2013 6:32 PM

Unbelievable workmanship!

H

Beautiful, wish you would stay longer...

B

Perhaps time will tell?

is that a real tongue in that marq? crazy carving on his backside and oozing personality. the manaia is stunning too, ben. i'm so happy to see you're still kickin' out beautiful pieces.

C

I don't know what to say any more... You are the greatest, that's all..

A
amate posted on Mon, Nov 4, 2013 9:17 AM

The tongue is cool but those teeth! Wow! they look like implants. Always a treat to see your work!

B

Thanks Jeff and Cy, much appreciated.
Hiltiki, I will try to be here more often Thanks!
Kingstiedye Yes it is a real tongue made from Purple jade, thanks for the kind words, glad you like this stuff.
Clarita, You Always make me smile, THANKS!
Amate, thank you too, Glad you like!
I will try to get back here more often as I DO miss being here and interacting with all you guys, Thanks.

LOVE the teeth on that Marq,Benz!
and that manaia is perfection!
Benz......you just keep kicking out the goods!
excellent!
:)

C

Wow...talk about carving a tiki and making it "your own!" Another brilliant piece
from the hands and mind of BIG BEN!
Awesome.

Wow

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1136 replies