Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1,136 replies

B

Looking good, Benz!

S

Mum I'm digging the Lono great top view cuts.

Good to see you back, Its just not the same when you
are not around.

Nice collection of new work Ben!

Love the classic Benzart Lono!

Wouldn't be the same without a super tech headress!

Good to see ya back at the carving table!

L

Crazy hairdress! I take for example the latest... :wink:

Terrific moai! I like the grain, what kind of wood is it?

Really awesome work!!!!

J.

B

Awesome !

Happy happy happy to see you back on the wood.

Unfortunately you will have to update your thread really often because the pix get old always fast :lol:

Benjamin.

Alright!!! I know there are other things in your shop that needed to be worked on - have you made any progress?

......Wow...... always raisin the bar! You have alot of patience to create something so teenie&detailed- they look awesome. :sheckymug:

B

Bullet, Thanks for the props, Much appreciated. I think you'll be seeing more Lonos and other Hawaiian pieces soon so out the towels. You must have snuck this post in while I was updating the other day?

Bows, Thankee very Much! For You!

Thanks Seeks, though I Know that you are just saying that to make me feel good. :o :lol: MUM?

Thanks Lake, It's Great to be back, Hope the "Super tech headdress" lives up to your expectations, Thanks for the comps.

Laojia, thank you too, it's because I'm Crazy! :D The Lono is Ebony wood and the Moai is California Redwood. Thanks Again.

Thanks Benj, Appreciate the comps, I'll see what I can do to keep more updated!

Lono and Maori Chief are coming to life!
Inspiring as always!
how does it get any better?

T

Wow - amazing how you get these tiny little dudes to look like much larger carvings! The depth on these small pieces is crazy.

Ben, you can go from any material (jade, stone, sea urchin spine, wood), any size (giant to absolute tiny) and create THE MOST AMAZING work. I am always floored and inspired when I visit your thread. I'm glad to see you are feeling better and back to carving.

I love all your recent postings, but that lono is looking REAL nice.

Thanks for the updates!

B

Thanks Everyone!

Thanks Aloha, Yeah I'm just getting down to bidness and not much progress on other projects yet. Sooooon!

Annamari', Thanks actually I don't have much patience at all, but I get it done sometimes

LLT, Thanks for the props, It gets a Lot beter when I actually do some wirk :o

TheBigT, Thanks too. Really what happens is the Ancients come n at night and work on some of these so when they turn out good it's their workings! HappyHappy

Polly, Big Thanks, you make my head swell man, Stop it. (well don't really!) It's Mostly because I'm a tool junkie and different sizes and different media means different tools for each so I get to have more tools that way. Simple? Thanks for coming around again.

Look for more updates tomorrow!

B

Hey Master B... The Chief is over the top! You da man!

Sweet Sweet Sweet!!!!Look at that lono comin 2 life!!!!!! It's GREAT 2 see the Benzart on FIRE again!!! Aloha , Jimmy

Lookin' good as always!
Your carvings have so much life; like they would move if you stared at them long enough.

B

Babs, Thanks big time,, I might finish him up soon Too!

Mooney, Thanks, I guess it's about time you came over and calmed me down and showed me some nice stuff.

Finky, FINKY? LOOOng time sir! It was So nice talking to you the other day and I'm Looking forward To your visit Soon, Thanks

Here is another guy I started the other day and still have a couple days more and some challenges

L

BenZ! :o WOW! :o You killing me! What's this Stuff? Bone? What's the size? So small I'm sure! :o
"Some challenges" challenges raised for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

J.

T

Wow, can you put this next to something else for a size comparison? :o This looks like another tiny piece? :roll: Is it made out of an old cue ball? :lol:

G
GMAN posted on Thu, May 28, 2009 2:49 PM

Very sweet Benno! That's what Ibeen waiting for! He does look like that bloke in that pitcher U sent. Good eye! Love the almost faux look of it it. Great stance and motion. What is that material? Dodo bill? Yeti tibia? Canus chewbonus? What izzit?

S

Wow! Love it Benz this fella is a home run.

Looks pretty big for a Benzo-Karv....about the size of a toothpick?
I still don't know how you do it, but if I did know, then I would be
just like you, and we know that you are one of a kind.

J

"A little bit of a challange ahead" he says. Nice to see your thread growing quickly again.

JP

B

Laojia, Sorry you're dyin' there I'll keep the temp down a bit here. The media is good old Bovine Shank bone, 24 inches.... NOT. He's now about3 inches tall and a traditional piece whom is new to me and was not as easy as he looked in THIS Photo: Especially to be pendant size. Thanks Lj.

Hey TikiPaka, How you Doin'?, No I Didn't use an Old Que ball, I used an Old cow bone picked up from the Pet Shop, Already cleaned and whitened and safe for dog ingestion anyway! I Suppose I could post it next to something so you could see how big it is then there would be no Surprise :o ,, But then I could be the good guy and ,, naww! Well since you asked so nicely :P

SOO It's Not a tiny piece and it's Not made from an Old Que Ball (btw if you run across any, Get them for me????)
Thanks TPAk :lol:

Thanks GMAN, he's made from the Steak machine leg.. Yes Challenging stance, I Love that shot.

Seeks!, Thanks Much, appreciate your 3 cents worth, He may not be a home run but he'll get there anyway Walkin' slow , 'cuz he be Tired.

Conga, Thanks for the encouragement, yeah he's a toothpick, for a Rhino maybe. :o :D C'mon down and I'll have you carving PNG Toothpicks in NO Time, so peeps can brag on you instead of me :o. We COULD be Like two of a kind... Kind of nuz!! Come ON DAAYOWWWWN!! O WAIT!!! WE'RE NUTS anyway!

Johnny, thanks for the kind words, yeah I've been holding back for too long and It's driven me stark raving MAD. The Thread really needs to be filled up again.
HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY JOY
Here are a few shots at various stages..

More later!

Amazing piece from an amazing craftsman! The red fibers in the headdress, nylon, silk, something else?

B

Thanks Tiki Mango, the red is from a poly propylene rope I got just for this stuff, and there are several more to plant before he's done.. Much more involved than I had originally thunk it would be!.

That piece is looking spectacular, Ben.. Beautiful~

fB

B

WOW :o

Amazing piece that announce a great return !
You're definately the best, my friend,

B.

B

Thanks Freddie, nice to see you back around!

Benne, Thanks for the Long distance kind words sir.

Aye!

G
GMAN posted on Sat, May 30, 2009 7:23 AM

I have it? Please?

BenZart... BACK-IN-ACTION! badazz, bold & beyond beautimous!

Hot Damn, Ben!

That's a hit right outta the old ballpark!

Great work!

I love the contrast with the bright red next to the stark white. And the mix of media always keep things fresh.

You have been holding back on us! :)

S

Sick Sick Sick! you the man Benz!
I love this design and haven't seen anyone take after this design.
You never fail to amaze me.

really nice Ben! :)

Amy

F

I saw him put it together in person!
Even as small as it is, he managed to carve out each individual tooth in his mouth.
Simply amazing.

L
laojia posted on Mon, Jun 1, 2009 1:36 PM

It's incredible! I don't understand how you arrived at that...

Spend a good night with my death on your conscience? :lol:

J.

B

Other Ben, Aye Aye :wink:

GMAN, Sure, Thanks

T-Jones, glad you luv dem bones, Nice to see you around again, appreciate the comps.

Thanks Lake, I really haven't been holding out on you, I've been Wanting to do this guy a long time and when I saw this version I just Had to try it out. Didn't want to post pix at first because I was sure he would end up in the box of misshapen screw-ups and oddities unfinished for a thousand reasons. I found several colors of stuff for that headdress, black, green, blue as well as blond and black hair ut I settled on the red , so there it is. He'll be done in a day or two.

Thanks Seeks, you know me, Love doing the odd-ball type stuff. You're just an Amazing guy! :o :) :D

Thanks Amy, Happy you like him, Nice seeing you back around again too!

Finky, I'm SO Glad you and rebbeca were able to come down for a visit and I'm glad you got to see this guy in the works. Hope the rest of your stay was great and that you got back home Ok. Thanks for the kind words.

Laojia, Please don't let the death thing happen! :o Tell me what you don't understand and I will explain it? :P ( I have no concience, i drowned it in Rum Years ago.) :o :lol: :D

P
pdrake posted on Mon, Jun 1, 2009 8:31 PM

neato suff, ben. i'm glad to see you're still rocking the bone! haha

hope all is well with you. you're still a great inspiration.

JT

BenZ,
Nice new bone piece!!!
-Johnny

B

Thanks PDrake, it Does my heart good to see you around here again, Loving the jewelry pieces you are casting. That is a huge undertaking but I think you will do well. Thanks for the comps here. Yep, Still rockin' the bone, Hackin' the stones and slammin the woods.
jab tiki, thanks for stopping by with just the right comps and props, I miss seeing you around but then It's sorta My fault for not being around much myself.

Here's the update of the last bone guy and he's all finished up I think. Watch me do that red ploy rope again, that was No Fun

Hope you enjoy these photoz, they were a Long time coming

L

As much detail on the face amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j.

T

Nice Benz, as usual.. He's mean and angry looking. :lol: Love the eyes. And the head dress put's it out of the park for sure.. :D Keep up the great work..

Pat

T

Great looking guy here! His expression is perfect. Are those fingernails too?

F

WOW!! Great job Ben!
Somehow, no matter how surreal your carvings get, I always think the faces resemble you. Amazing.
Way to raise your bar...again. :wink:

too cool for school,Benz!

His strength and expressive face...
and the headdress....
the stance...

so much depth and dimension
packed into such a small area

MANA!

:)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 3, 2009 9:31 AM

Even awesomer than RUZIC!!

C

Haha! Amazing!

Way to get in there and detail it up!! WOOO! Classic expression. Even like the more 3-D looking signature! Overall, Totally unique.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1136 replies