Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1,136 replies

Ben, I just spent the last two days looking back through all of your threads and the pages of pics you have on Shutterfly. I still cannot believe the increadible body of work that you have created, and each piece even better than the one before.
You are such a wealth of knowledge and experience and a gift to us all.
Thank you!!

S

Sick Lono Mr Benz. I cant get enough of the lono.

B

Thanks guys for your comments, I still haven't made a cord for this one yet and he's Still here??

Your detail is so crisp, no matter what the wood, especially for something so small

W

Ben,
I'll post something if you do.
Will

B

Thanks Grand Poobah, Appreciate the kind words
OK Will. as soon as I carve another piece I'll post it here. That little Lono is the Last one I did.

B

On 2010-12-20 16:12, hiltiki wrote:
Ben, how is my coconut monkey doing. :) :) :)

Hi Hilti,, I finally got yer Coconut???

H

I can't wait. :)

L
laojia posted on Sun, Feb 6, 2011 9:23 PM

On 2011-02-03 21:04, Benzart wrote:

as soon as I carve another piece I'll post it here.

Waitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaiting :roll:

J.

Thanks for having Wplugger and I over yesterday. Even though there were no tikis at the Wood Carving Show, I think we made up for later in you workshop. Finish up some of those projects - we're all waiting to see something new!

C

When is the new Benzart fix coming? I could really use one... pleeease... :)

T

Ditto.. Old Timer Whats next?

B

Hey Peeps,
Sorry I've been away from the bench so long, haven't really been feeling great, BUT I Have been teaching a stone carving class one day a week and here's a little KU face I've been working on there carved in Botswana Agate.
It's not much and believe me I need it as much or more than anyone else..
No promises right now about things to come But look for more soon!

B

Hey Peeps,
Sorry I've been away from the bench so long, haven't really been feeling great, BUT I Have been teaching a stone carving class one day a week and here's a little KU face I've been working on there carved in Botswana Agate.

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Mar 8, 2011 6:50 PM

Killer Ben! Good to see you getting into lapidary skills. G

H

Glad to hear you are doing better Ben. Take care and show us your work, no matter what you get your hands on it always ends up being a perfect piece of art.

B

Thanks Hiltiki, I Still have a Coconut to cut for you???

B

Thanks TikiG, Appreciate that

T

WOW. Looking killer already! Great to see ya back. Hope you're feeling better soon!

thats awsome ben. glad your feeling better. your always raisin the bar.

Nicely done! I was beginning to wonder what the godfather was doing. Hope you're all better now. I look forward to seeing more eye candy!

I am sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I hope you start feeling better soon

H

Ben I am ready when you are.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Mar 10, 2011 10:50 AM

"Good to see you getting into lapidary skills"

C'mon....Ben has worked more rocks than Sheen...... :wink:

WINNING!

-G$

T

Once again big ben shows how its done!!!!!

T

Once again big ben shows how its done!!!!!

L

On 2011-03-08 18:42, Benzart wrote:

Hey sensei carver! Always on top to show us the magic of your skills as you fine materials.
Very nice inlay too!

Glad you're back on the bench!

J.

C

That's beautiful, thanks for the update much appreciated.

A

The beauty of the material is accented by your design. That's beautiful!

Really cool Ben.

Hey Peeps,

"magnifique" as usual, have u made any video tutorials about inlay ?

That's so beautiful Ben. Straight to the core revealing the rocks history in layers and making a new beginning where a rock becomes a special treasure. Wendy

Greetings, friend! Your octopus ear carving looks like magic incarnate! I bow to the wizard.

Hey Peeps,

MR

You're a madman.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with abused fingertips!

B

Thanks Wendy, it was fun working in this strange stuff!

Thanks ToddVegas, and Welcome to TC! I think you're the first to notice the Octo similarity, definitely looks like the tentacle from the depths of hell on an ear too!

MATT, Thanks, Nice to see you here too!

Aloha, yeah they get beat up a bit this time of year!

Agate Ku RULES!
Beautiful and Clever!
Just like its creator!

CA

Da Best EVER!!

B

Thanks for the love!
Gots a few new pieces on my bench and a couple finally finished. Not been carving much until just recently.

And This guy finally complete and corded with 20 inch cord, it is from Burmese Jadeite.

H

Ben, so glad you are back. yeah..

H
harro posted on Mon, Jul 4, 2011 2:42 PM

So great to see you back at the bench Benz!! Some LOVELY pieces here too.

Happyhappyhappy :)

Ben,these guys are fantastic! I cant even think of try'n to carve anyth'n
at that scale,as be'n as prone to injuriesas i am I'd have no fingers in no time.
I broke my hand again just recently but it's com;n good and I'm back on the chisels
now.Cheers Watango

WC

Ya, now that's what I'm talking about!

T

Crazy good new stuff you have Benz. Those little guys look pretty fragile. Love the tiny ku!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jul 5, 2011 10:19 AM

Awesome!!!

Your bench is looking more and more "Hokitika" each time you show it Ben! :wink:

Nice use of patterning in the agate and full-bodied Ku's - and a jade waka-huia?? I give you a 10/10 right now for pure ambition! Cant wait to see it, no doubts in my mind it will be spectacular.

Rock on Sir! :)

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Jul 6, 2011 3:34 AM

Great to see you bringing the bar up around this place Benz.

Hope you are feeling great!

What is the Hei/Teko with the ridge on it's head called? It's an awesome design.

Mahalo

McTiki

BeeeeeUtiful Benz!
I like the idea of mixing your cordage colors too. You love that jade dontcha? :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1136 replies