Zip:
Phone:

Description:

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jan 27, 2010 3:32 PM

The rare and exotic...

Hawaika currency!

Don't be a tease Zeta. :)

Cons: Not my favorite place. White ceilings, infra-red cameras watching the customers in the dark and very thin walls between you and the party sitting very close on the other side as they get cozy with one another.

Pros: The drinks are pretty good. The bar sells custom hand-painted mugs (mostly Porcelas Pavón.) Plus, where the heck else are you going to get tropical drinks in Valencia?

Neutral: Little birds in cages in the foyer.

• fez monkey

On 2010-01-27 22:50, fez monkey wrote:
Don't be a tease Zeta. :)

Cons: Not my favorite place. White ceilings, infra-red cameras watching the customers in the dark and very thin walls between you and the party sitting very close on the other side as they get cozy with one another.

Pros: The drinks are pretty good. The bar sells custom hand-painted mugs (mostly Porcelas Pav�n.) Plus, where the heck else are you going to get tropical drinks in Valencia?

Neutral: Little birds in cages in the foyer.

• fez monkey

I agree with you Fez Monkey
And their cocktails sure are potent. I feel dizzy and got blurry vision just looking your photos. :)
The mugs they sell are not exactly Porcelanas Pavon. Check this pink Bastardo Saffrin mug.

There is a new Tiki bar in Valencia.
Check it next time when in Valencia. Cool Place.
I´ll open a new thread about it soon.

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Mar 11, 2010 11:43 AM

Hawaika Valencia

business card
For trade

I just won a trip to Valencia, will definitely visit Hawaika during my stay! :)

Any other places of interest I should know of?

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Apr 30, 2010 8:11 AM

I heard/read somewhere that a new tiki bar by the same owner of Hawaika is going to or is already open in Valencia... Ask Mister Naufrago... Right now, Valencia is kind of far away from me, and I don't want to report on this new place until my physical being gets a drink, sitting there. I think it's only fair for my readers that I stay true to my "New Journalism" Gonzo style of urban archaeological reporting.
How did you win that price?! Cool! Valencia is REALLY something. Not overblown touristic hype like Barcelona, not too rough like Madrid. Valencia is probably the best City in Spain all and all. There is a HUGE surf music scene. A big student population with lots of arts, comics and underground stuff going on. Graffiti, great museums, the most beautiful women (guys are ugly)... I am not exaggerating.
Visit Oceanografic... The building looks like an enormous sea shell. Built by Felix Candela, a Valenciano who lived and worked for decades in Mexico. I am a fan of his work.
For how long are you staying?

Thanks for the info, will definitely visit the aquarium as well, and try to locate that other possible tiki bar. :)
I entered a competition by the Spanish tourist agency here in Sweden, and won a trip including 3 hotel nights in Valencia for 2 persons. My girlfriend and I will probably also visit my sister in Barcelona.

J

Looks good, tastes bad. They had even polynesian drumming as every third music-track (between 90s disco songs).

S
santa posted on Sun, Nov 25, 2018 9:59 AM

I liked Hawaika a lot. Very creatively decorated and the bartender was nice. The booze amount is regulated by drink size, small medium or large: like a bowl. I’d prefer a small strong drink. I didn’t truce the ice cream or juice concoctions. The tiki items for sale are cool. You get a free item for spending a certain amount.

Pages: 1 9 replies