Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

CRAZY TIki Dream!

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

I dreamt last night I discovered a tiki bar in Toronto named "Lee" in the basement of a hotel... it was AMAZING, lots of big carvings and glass floats, and had a 6 foot wide river running through it, and on the river there would be boats with dancing hula girls floating around for the patrons to watch while they ate. In the back area of the restuarant the river continued, but became a ride where you could line up and get on a little Kon Tiki boat (like an amusement park ride) and the boat would go through a little door, and take you for a little river ride through all these different themed bars where animatronic pepople were drinking and having a good time - Kind of like 'Its a Small World After All' but instead, it's a sloshed World after All! I remembered the first diorama you would float by was the Irish pub... but there were many others. Just as I was about to get on the ride though, the boat captain said that the ride was closing down due to lack of interest... people thought the tiki theme restaurant and ride was out of date and tacky, and they were going to renovate it into a more 'modern' restaurant and ride.

Ain't it always the way!!!!

hmmm. Actually, it kinda sounded sucky at the end there: watching OTHER people drinking and having fun?!? "And to your left, folks, you'll notice all the regulars at Clancy O'Malley's, all downing their favorite Irish whiskey, singing, and laughing. Don't you wish you were? Hey, kid, keep your arm in the boat! Don't...get out...of the boat...Never...get out...of the boat" (Oops, sorry, wrong nightmare boat ride into the Heart of Darkness.)

Anyway, the first part sounded cool! Kind of like a close-up Tonga Room entertainment, except it didn't suck and you didn't start getting charged the second the hula girls rode out on their little boats!

M

I had a crazy tiki dream the other night;
I was in the small basement of some building and I saw a big tiki (similar to Aquarj's Lanai Tiki-but a little shorter)in the far corner. I heard someone coming down the stairs so I decided to hide behind a 5 foot wooden gate that was next to the tiki. When the person finished coming down the stairs I recognized him as someone I was friends with. I then popped my head above the gate and started swinging a Louisville Slugger baseball bat above my head in a friendly attempt to startle him.
Soon, he started to throw Nerf baseballs at me and I proceeded to try my best to hit them all(all while I was standing behind that gate). As I was doing this, I noticed more and more balls coming at me and then realized that the basement was full of Tiki Central members! One attractive female tiki central member kept getting closer and closer to me(at the same time as the other members seems to gradually vanish). Once she was too close to throw any more Nerf Baseballs, she reached her head over that foot tall gate and gave me an incredible kiss!-----Mr. Smiley asks what in the heck does that mean?

T

Freud would have a field day with this.

Were you smoking a big CIGAR by any chance??

M

No, but I was playing with my "louisville slugger"!

Pages: 1 4 replies