Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

for the bacon lovers out there

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 201 replies

Bacon Taco Shells as reported by Bacon Today.

Bacon Today: Bacon Taco Shells

A whole web page devoted to news about bacon? What next, a web site devoted to those tiki figures that were popular in the mid 20th century?

Bacon in Hawaii. Now that is Paradise
Friday, April 26, 2013
555 South Street
Honolulu,HI 96813
StreetGrindz: Eat the Street: Bacon

[->>King Bushwich 33rd on Hulu.com

Happy early April Fool's http://www.scopemouthwash.com/bacon/

These are not an April Fool's joke, they exist. Bacon shaped and flavored condom.
http://store.baconsalt.com/Bacon-Condoms_p_177.html

Happy Earth Day!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Bacon and Eggs. A days work for a chicken, a Life commitment for a Pig.

Craig the Keg

H
Heath posted on Fri, May 17, 2013 5:08 PM

I'm a little misty eyed...
Bacon Restaurant must close.

Ok I love bacon,
But that just grossed me out.

Jeff btd

:lol:

H
Heath posted on Wed, Jan 1, 2014 4:39 PM

A friend sent me this picture, a nativity made entirely of pork on a bed of sauerkraut.

T

Away in a manger, no crib for a bed
The little lord sausage lay down his link head

Oh that's classic!
It brought a tear to my eye.

Jeff btd

Love it Heath!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

ATOMIC BUFFALO TURDS

12 fresh jalapeno peppers
12 slices of bacon
24 little smokies
1 package of cream cheese (room temperature)
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Sweet barbecue rub
Fischer & Weiser raspberry chipotle sauce

šTo start the construction of the atomic buffalo turds, youfll first want to wash and trim the jalapeno peppers. I highly recommend wearing plastic food prep gloves during the trimming portion to keep the jalapeno juices from soaking into your skin, so proceed with caution if you choose not to heed my advice. Trimming these guys is a relatively simple task. Simply chop the stem off and slice the pepper lengthwise to expose the seeds and vein. Using a spoon, scrape out the white vein and rinse under water to wash away the seeds. The cream cheese will ultimately counteract the burn from the peppers, so leave a good amount of the inner membrane in tact if you want to feel the heat.In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, paprika and cayenne pepper. Using a butter knife, or a pastry bag, fill each jalapeno half with a generous portion of the cream cheese mixture.Top each one of the jalapeno gboatsh with a little smokey.Wrap each of the smokey topped jalapenos with a half slice of bacon, making sure that the seam is directly on top of the little smokey. Secure the wrap by inserting a toothpick straight down through the overlapping edges of the bacon all the way through the little smokey. Stop just short of going through the pepper though, that way the cream cheese doesnft leak out through the hole.Since bacon already contains a good amount of sodium, youfll want to season the buffalo turds with a sugar based rub. If youfre the do-it-yourself type, a nice blend of brown sugar and cayenne pepper works great on these bad boys as well.Cooking the buffalo turds is a matter of getting the bacon done to your liking. My preference is smoke at 250 degrees for about an hour and a half. At this point the bacon isnft overly crispy, but itfs definitely cooked enough to be bite through. If you prefer a crispier bacon, then Ifd suggest kicking the temperature up to 300 degrees for about an hour. Youfll want to keep a close eye on the peppers though. If they overcook, then theyfll loose their stability and your turds will spill out all over your smoker.Once your buffalo turds are cooked to your liking, remove them from the grill to cool down a bit before serving. At this point I would typically top them with some warmed up Fischer & Wieser raspberry chipotle sauce- available at Walmart. The flavor of the smokey jalapeno matches perfectly with the sweet fruity sauce, and of course itfs heat is in good company with the medley of peppers tasted in each bite. A spoonful of sauce on each turd and you can guarantee these tasty treats will disappear in no time flat!

Love bacon? Try crispy fried salami! (It's actually baked, not fried. If you believe the potato chip hype, that makes it much healthier!)

Ingredients
30 slices of genoa-dry Italian salami

Directions
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2.Line a large baking sheet with foil and arrange the salami in a single layer on top.
3.Bake for 20 minutes, until the salami is crispy and chip-like.
4.Carefully transfer to paper towels and blot to remove the fat. Let cool.
5.Enjoy alone, with cheese, or in a sandwich or burger!

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies "baked" on the camp stove griddle in El Golfo Mexico. Pretty tasty!

On 2014-04-22 21:41, MadDogMike wrote:
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies "baked" on the camp stove griddle in El Golfo Mexico. Pretty tasty!

OMFG
Droooool
want now

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2014-04-25 19:25 ]

Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings
Wrap frozen onion rings in bacon, bake at 400 for 30-35 minutes. DELICIOUS!!!

You beautiful glorious Bastard! :lol:
This can precipitate world peace (except in the Middle East?)

Wow......

BACON WRAPPED CHEESE STUFFED CHILI PEPPERS
Bacon? Cream Cheese? Chili Peppers? Do the math and you can figure out this thing is gonna’ be TASTY. The crispy, fatty, smokey, porky bacon totally absorbed into the cream cheese, so every bite literally EXPLODES in your mouth with flavor.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients
8 anaheim peppers
8 oz cream cheese
8 strips thin-sliced bacon

Hell Yea!

T

This has become my new favorite thread

August 2, 2014
Big Bite Bacon Fest
Queen Mary, Long Beach, CA

For the 1st time, the Big Bite Bacon Fest is bringing all the best bacon and pork foods and craft brews to Long Beach, CA for yet another celebration of the World’s most beloved protein.

Damn, I'm going to Nor Cal for the weekend.
but cool that you posted the info.

The Big Bite Bacon fest in Long Beach, CA was not a success. Attendees complained about long lines and lack of food

Press Telegram: Bacon festival a failure

Yelp: Big Bite Bacon Festival

Glad I went to the Long Beach Crawfish Festival just a few miles away. They had plenty of food (and Zydeco music)

Crazy Al went to that also & said the Beignets were excellent!
we decided to go to the Pike for a Ding Dong Devils show
in Long Beach, but there was no Bacon....

Yes, Crazy Al was at the Long Beach Crawfish Festival and had a good time

YouTube: Crawfish Festival

Happy Bacon Day!

Now you can buy bacon dogs already wrapped and ready to grill :D

Had those at my B-day BBQ recently,
tasty!!!!

Jeff(btd)

T

On 2014-01-17 16:29, MadDogMike wrote:
Love bacon? Try crispy fried salami! (It's actually baked, not fried. If you believe the potato chip hype, that makes it much healthier!)

Ingredients
30 slices of genoa-dry Italian salami

Directions
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2.Line a large baking sheet with foil and arrange the salami in a single layer on top.
3.Bake for 20 minutes, until the salami is crispy and chip-like.
4.Carefully transfer to paper towels and blot to remove the fat. Let cool.
5.Enjoy alone, with cheese, or in a sandwich or burger!

I'm so in!!!!

My sister told me about something she saw on tv,

take a teaspoon of stuffing from thanksgiving day leftovers,
wrap with bacon and stick a toothpick thru it,
cook in the oven or toaster oven till bacon is done.
oh man, I'm salivating already.

Jeff(btd)

Bacon wrapped donuts

My parents got some Bacon Steaks for Christmas, can't wait to "help" cook those :wink:

Now that's quality!

Bacon Festival at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA August 1-2

Queen Mary Bacon Festival

Hopefully, it will be better than last year when they ran out of bacon (the ultimate crime!).

Hmmm....

Shoulda posted this BEFORE Caliente.

Bacon Flight at Cheeky's in Palm Springs. Oh yeah!

Pineapple slices, mozz cheese, onions, and BACON!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 201 replies