Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

by bai

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 526 replies

TB

thank you Clarita! :)
all this, is real challenge and reconvertion for me.
so I know that you all might think why do I not write that much on my topic and just show my work?...
The fact is I have several handicap :

I'm reeeeally shy! (people who know me can tell).
I'm a girl :)
I'm French :) :)
I'm new in the Tiki world
I leave in Paris (the opposite place from where are all the tiki party)

But I have to say that first of all, I was very lucky to know Squid. he is the most talented person I've ever met.
He gave me the opportunity to come and see for real all the magic of the tiki world. He introduce me to lot of friends. wich I hope I can consider as my friends too. :)

So for talking about my work... Actually It comes like an evidence...
I think I didn't have that much trust in me. And Squid pushed me as he can :)
so I first started in one Babalu's Clay jam (one of my favorite souvenir)
and I will always remember what Babalu told me : "girl, you have Clay in your blood".
and since it's coming from such talented person as Babalu and Squid... It came like revelation to me!
so this winter I've done a "learning glaze class" to know better what is all about.
I'm sure that all the ceramist artist can tell.. how much the "Glaze" is difficult to manage :wink:
so now..
I still want to make my proof and hope I can cross the world with my art. Since I'm stuck in Paris.

I hope this can help to know me better. :)

oh! and don't forget! Tiki Mama still on ebay for 14 hours now.. DON'T MISS IT! :)
ebay number: 130316977782

On 2009-07-12 02:06, Tiki Baï wrote:
and I will always remember what Babalu told me : "girl, you have Clay in your blood".

So Bai, are you saying you never worked with clay before this?!?!?
If that's true, that makes your fantastic pieces all the more fantastic!
I would guess you did other types of art before clay, and before tiki. Could you please share any history with us? :)

C

On 2009-07-12 02:06, Tiki Baï wrote:
thank you Clarita! :)
all this, is real challenge and reconvertion for me.
so I know that you all might think why do I not write that much on my topic and just show my work?...
The fact is I have several handicap :

I'm reeeeally shy! (people who know me can tell).
I'm a girl :)
I'm French :) :)
I'm new in the Tiki world
I leave in Paris (the opposite place from where are all the tiki party)

But I have to say that first of all, I was very lucky to know Squid. he is the most talented person I've ever met.
He gave me the opportunity to come and see for real all the magic of the tiki world. He introduce me to lot of friends. wich I hope I can consider as my friends too. :)

So for talking about my work... Actually It comes like an evidence...
I think I didn't have that much trust in me. And Squid pushed me as he can :)
and since it's coming from such talented person as Babalu and Squid... It came like revelation to me!
so this winter I've done a "learning glaze class" to know better what is all about.
I'm sure that all the ceramist artist can tell.. how much the "Glaze" is difficult to manage :wink:
so now..
I still want to make my proof and hope I can cross the world with my art. Since I'm stuck in Paris.

I hope this can help to know me better. :)

oh! and don't forget! Tiki Mama still on ebay for 14 hours now.. DON'T MISS IT! :)
ebay number: 130316977782

Thanks Bai!
...Well I knew most of that, reading Babalu's thread, there you can see and read everything about your first Big Bang clay jam (I think that's how Babalu calls them..).
So i knew you are a girl (that likes to paint her nails very pink :) )
that you were there with squid making your first mug, the one with the little birdie :) and that he itroduced you to everybody
about your handicaps (you depressed me a little)
to be very shy a get it, it is a big one,
to be a girl is only a problem if you are single or are the girl of an anonimous guy (try not dating a cool tiki guy that every one respects, and have to be respected by yourself...)
to be French it's great because 50% of people in the US loooves europe (try be from south America..)
new to the tiki world (everybody were new at some point)...
But what i've meant to ask, is how you went from 0, to know everything about how to make a plaster mold? or to manage to hollow a mug like tiki moma or the hei tiki, that if you do wrong it will explode in the fire, that king of stuff, workshop knowledge, I know Babalu still explode stuff in the fires, but you seem to do everything perfect, that's what i wanted to know... how you do it!! :)
Thanks for taking the time to answer anyway, your work it's great and you will cross the world with it for sure!

TB
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.