Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

by bai

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 526 replies

L

Amazing as always Bai!

I say we kill Baï, eat her, and obtain her art mana :lol:

Just kidding Baï, Tonga Tiki is stellar!!!! Can't wait to see him with some glaze on.

B

On 2009-05-21 05:44, Tiki Baï wrote:
may I present you... Tiki Tonga

Just excellent! I really love the negitive spaces in this little fella...now this one would be a pain in the butt to mold. You are a marvolus hand builder Bai. Don't listen to those guys -keep rasing that bar!...it makes everything so much more fun for all of us and they know it. :)

Oh and that emerald green on the "Lolli Poly Pop" was an excelent choice. The juxtoposition between it and the color used create a wonderful focal point.

Whens our next clay jam kiddo?

T

Awesome design dude!!! I love your stuff.

S
squid posted on Fri, May 22, 2009 2:46 PM

On 2009-05-22 06:49, Tahitiki wrote:
Awesome design dude!!! I love your stuff.

All Baï's work is awesome! But "dude"... I think not :)

Girls rule!
Boys drool.

L

On 2009-05-22 14:46, squid wrote:

Girls rule!
Boys drool.

Oh Squid...thank you for admitting it! Now if we can just convince the rest of the male population, dude. :wink:

GT

Tiki Tonga should be a production mug, So we all can get one! All your ceramics are very cool! Great work, Cheers! Gogo

TB

Thanks to all of you for your very nice comments! :)
it does really encourage me!
sorry Tahitiki to desappoint you but.. yes I'm a girl! :wink: thank you to appreciate my work anyway...

and now .. Ladies and Gentlemen... here comes the Hei Tiki!!
I don't know if anybody tryed to do it in mug.. beside the one who's been made by SylvaC in 1928 but it was just reeeeally hard to do!
the most complicated I've ever made! Now i can really tell.. that the guy who sculpt the real little Hei tiki is just.. an incredible artist!!! and for sure... at that time he created it.. he doesn't have any idea that somebody in 2009 is gonna try to make it on mug! :D
Just for the information.. the eyes will be with really "pieces of stone" I don't know the name in english...

I'm a wood guy, and I don't get too excited about mugs. These are
exciting mugs. As pointed out by others....very inspirational.

GT

Very cool Bai, I would go with abalone shell eyes. Very well done.

The lines on those last two pieces are incredible. I'm impressed with how Poly-primitive design and good Western design live so comfortably in these wonderful pieces.

G
GROG posted on Mon, May 25, 2009 10:32 AM

You just do more and more amazing work! It's mind -blowing how good your stuff is.

Vote DAILY for GROG' niece:
http://tinyurl.com/p8nojd

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-05-25 10:33 ]

L

On 2009-05-25 08:04, congatiki wrote:
I'm a wood guy, and I don't get too excited about mugs. These are
exciting mugs.

I agree with Conga, me too I'm just a wood guy et là j'suis carrément bluffé... Your work is amazing, there is a true style personality, really very original!
It will be difficult to wait this is Hei tiki glazed...

J.

PS: The dukduk dancer is perfect, don't change the glaze!

L

You are a master mug maker for sure. I wish I had other words to use to describe your work because its all amazing.

Just when I think you have topped yourself you break out something new that blows me away.

WOW!

TB

merci..merci... merci.. :)
Thanks...
so... now here is a Moai Kavakava
looks like he have some problem with his big head :)
the eyes will be black not red.

FOR THE PROPLE WHO CAN'T SEE IT... I really don't undertand why.. here 's the link:

http://www.imagup.com/imgs/1243701658.html

[ Edited by: tiki bai 2009-05-30 09:44 ]

L

awesome as always! cant wait to see this one glazed.

I really like the way his nose came out

(for the record I think the pic worked for the 5 minutes I clicked on the thread.)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-05-30 03:06 ]

S
squid posted on Sat, May 30, 2009 2:19 AM

Not fair! Photo link broken....can't...see...new.....mug....

N
nuKKe posted on Sat, May 30, 2009 2:28 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fix the pics!
Fix the pics!!
I need my Tiki Baj fix!!!

TB

ok now??

L
Liana posted on Sat, May 30, 2009 4:32 AM

Nooooooo! Can't see the photos!!

T

There is a billion Moai head mugs out there but this is the only Kava Kava Moai head mug out there. Always wanted to do one. It would have never been like this one though. Super job on this one and all your mugs. -teaKEY

TB

could you please tell me.. if you can see the picture now???
Pleeeease

No. :(
YES! I see them now! Another awesome piece!

[ Edited by: 4WDtiki 2009-05-30 09:59 ]

I can see 'em up here in Wisconsin. Great Kava Kava!

Pièce de résistance!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Baï, all of your work is truly amazing! But, this Moai Kava-Kava Mug is your masterwork!

Sensational! Magnifique!!! :D

B

You is so damn hot sister! This latest takes my breath away!

Did you sculpt a lot of this one solid and hollow out? Seperate chamber for the body? The straw hole.... BRAVO!

S

Well, I can see it now. HOLY MOLY! AWESOME.

Guess I'd better get back to work...

V

I have no words - it is too good!
I'm curious about your process as well - I am thinking that your ideas are so good that you shape the clay with the power of your mind alone! :)

Keep sharing!
Henrik

Edit - wanted to add, you could easily turn these into production pieces - is that in the works?

[ Edited by: VanTiki 2009-05-30 12:17 ]

M
mp posted on Sun, May 31, 2009 1:39 AM

Another killer piece Bai, where do you get the time?
The details are beautiful.

AWESOME!
You kept the guy on top
and his mouth is where the straw goes in!
shrinking the body captures a cute feeling
you definitely wouldn't get from a real Moai kava-kava!

Even the ribs and the spine!
All These new pieces break on thru
to the other side!

Bai rocks!

You really have a unique style, the detail work is fantastic but they still looks playful and just slightly cartoon-like. Your carving skills are amazing. Are you going to mass produce any of these?

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-08-20 10:11 ]

R

Wow Bai!

Every piece you sculpt is so freakin adorable!!!

L

WOW! Trop la classe Baï :o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The face expression is so well done that I gasp!!
And the tiny body: Well done!!
I am in the process of carving one, and you find all the solutions to problems that I ask myself...You are my idols, give you lessons? :roll:

J.

the detail is amazing Bai! Really beautiful

Amy

TB

sorry.. but this one make me laugh soooo much! :D
just imagine the face of the tourist around me.. when I took the picture!!! :D :D :D :D :D

[ Edited by: tiki bai 2009-06-02 11:02 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Baï 2009-06-02 11:02 ]

L

hehe

Last time I was in Paris I wrote "LIZ WAS HERE" in black marker at the top somewhere. Actually I think I defaced the tower about 3 times now.

You should take Duke to the top and leave your mark :wink:

(although you are French and live in Paris and most likely look down on such tacky tourist behavior!)

S
squid posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2009 2:08 PM

That's hilarious! Duke turned out really great and the feathers are perfect! :D

Encore!

Duke and the KavaKava are both full-tilt Bozo! Great work. Did you change Duke's glaze or leave it? It looks perfect. The feathers are a nice touch - I've been searching for Guinea feathers to decorate my Papua New Guinea drum (even though I think Guinea fowl originated in Guinea, West Africa, not PNG)

I like that Kava Kava piece myself! Very cool!

TB

Actually yes.. I changed the glaze.. I know you can't see it.. but the head was not totally black...it was more like a dark blue.. even the hat.. was really light yellow.. and the body was to brown.. so now.. I think it's come more as I wanted to be

here the Tiki Tonga finished. I just wished I could be stronger enough.. to open a bigger"ring".. well.. I'm still a girl anyway! :wink:

to answer the question about having one of my mug on "product""serie"... I'm working right now with peanut bob. You have to understand that I just started sculpting this winter... so I guess I have to make my proof to be one of you. :)

Babalu: You have no idea how much I would loooove to be part of your clay jam!! Really! this first "lesson" last summer was the more exiting moment I spend in US :) and I have to admit that I learned a lot with you! Thank you!

oh.. and thanks everyone who leave a post...:) it's really nice of you to leave your impression about my work.

S
squid posted on Wed, Jun 3, 2009 2:11 AM

That ring is just perfect. The glaze is awesome :)

Another winner!!!!!!!!!!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 3, 2009 2:25 AM

Love, LOVE,LOVE Tiki Tonga!!!

Mine!!!!!

SWEET Tiki Tonga Bai!!!

-Andy

V
virani posted on Sat, Jun 6, 2009 7:46 AM

Wowww, very cool. I love it

B
Bowana posted on Sat, Jun 6, 2009 5:33 PM

Your glazing is fantastic, Bai (as well as your sculpting).
If you're ever back here for a Clay Jam, give us a glaze demonstration!

Bowie

TB

Aloha everyone..
it's been a long time...
I've been working on the kavakava and hei tiki glaze... tooks times actually.
but here some picture of my work...

and all this happy family will be traveling together to a new home.... :wink:

[ Edited by: Tiki Baï 2009-06-15 12:04 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 526 replies