Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Bora Bora, Madrid, Spain (bar)

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2010 6:09 PM

On 2010-06-07 12:39, Mister Naufrago wrote:

On 2010-06-04 08:54, HelloTiki wrote:
200-year-old Gods come home for summer vacation.
http://www.starbulletin.com/news/20100604_Gathering_of_the_gods.html

[ Edited by: HelloTiki 2010-06-04 08:54 ]

"From different corners of the world, the last three Hawaiian god or "Ku" statues known to exist have been brought together at Bishop Museum"

I'm by no means a Ku expert but aren't they forgetting this one from the British Museum?

In Spain we are very fond of this particular Ku :)

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2016 3:54 PM

R.I.P. Bora Bora Madrid...
Now the world is a little less interesting.
Damn you "crisis" of 2008!

J

10 years later still standing...

J
Jürka posted on Wed, Nov 6, 2019 9:40 AM

It seems that Madrid's Bora-Bora is open and healthy. I don't know the story if it's opened again or has the closing down being a strange confusion.

I'm going on January, I will see if I can get some pictures or at least get in.

T
Tiare posted on Sat, Jan 4, 2020 3:52 PM

I went twice in November 2019. Yelp had the hours wrong so we got there and it is was closed. We went back a few days later. Easy to find, not a far walk from the Metro. Myself and nephew just had a beer since we heard drinks were horrible. My mother had this drink that i think was suppose to be a banana daiquiri that she said "sucks". I tasted it and agreed. They did bring out a dish of snacks. The bar looked good though. People playing pool in the back room so I didn't get photo of that room. They had mugs on display but said they had none for sale.

i didn't make it to any other tiki bars since we where thrown off by the wrong hours.

I am having trouble uploading photos so I will try that in a new post.

Pages: 1 2 53 replies