Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New lono and Marq for the holidays

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 206 replies

P

wow...that is great man...

EPIC SEPIK!!!

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2011-11-13 16:36 ]

pjc5150,
watango...thanks for looking and the comps....now i need to get off my butt and start another.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 15, 2011 7:55 AM

On 2011-11-13 16:33, pjc5150 wrote:
EPIC SEPIK!!!

2nd that.

been a couple years but finally got off my ass and carved something...made out of Italian marble with abalone inlay..

C
cy posted on Mon, Jan 27, 2014 4:10 PM

Happy you got off your non carvin' ass Creative Chimp, nice work!

thanks CY...im on to another already

P

that is killer...

been a while but heres another one...wood was very dry and brittle in some parts. on to the next

Nice job...very clean....looks like a big one.

I just noticed the comment you made about the eyes on FB. You really did screw it up. I tell you what - since I'm such a nice guy - you can give it to me and I'll dispose of it properly (in a few years). :wink:

No joke - this looks great!

I like it! How tall and what kind of wood?

C
cy posted on Thu, Nov 13, 2014 8:02 AM

Cool Carve Creative Chimp!

T

Very nice job, CC! What kind of wood is that? It's very white.

thanks guys....its been a while but i finally got this one out..made some mistakes which makes me want to cut it in half.....and the wood is sable palm about 5 1/2 feet tall. it dried for a year and a half...not intentional did i let it go so long..LIFE gets in the way. i found i dont like the wood that dry....brittle and stabby in my fingers. like little needles.... thats why the nose is rounded cuz the points under the eyes just chipped right off..

next one is going to be fresher wood and a lono.

aaaaand now stained...giddy up!!!

Nice carve.
Simple & clean.

Sweet

H

Very nice and clean.

thanks everybody......now im going to get DIRTY!

lil-quick carve to shake off the dust.....italian stone with papua inlay eyes......followed by a celebratory cigar and bourbon.

C
cy posted on Tue, Jan 5, 2016 7:27 PM

You are a creative chimp, nice!

thanks CY!!!!!!

More like a Missing Monkey - where ya been?

You deserve a "celebratory cigar and bourbon" for that, very nice!

Love the marq! He is beautiful. It looks so crisp.

aloha......been caught up in life, kids, work and women.....i think all are trying to kill me slowly (mostly the women)...havent had the "MOOD" but starting small and trying to keep it going... got a couple others in the works already.

grand pooba- thank you kind sir!

maddogmike - thank you

finished a cypress Lono.....on to the next project

Sweet!

C
cy posted on Fri, Nov 17, 2017 2:22 PM

Beauty!

Nice work Chimp. Have enjoyed your infrequent carvings over the years. Your tikis have a nice fluid form, whatever in the heck that means.

H
Heath posted on Sat, Nov 18, 2017 1:59 PM

That is a very nice carve!
Any chance of photos without the filters?

Came out great

H

Nice

WOW!

Thank you everybody..

Heath...i had to contrast the images a bit because it was soooo black you couldnt see detail...the second image is without filters and after i started sanding it after the stain to make the edges pop out.....needs more sanding

im hoping now that my life is getting quieter and alot of misc projects aret done...i can start busting out some smaller pieces.

You rocked it! But you already knew that, didn't you? :wink:

No i didnt rock it thats for sure. But i did learn alot with dealing with a bad log.... lots of knots and imperfections. Even found an old nail. I learned to adapt instead of giving up so no rockin but a better carver now i went through a struggle...... picking better logs next time

An artist is his own worst critic! :wink:

soooooo i go back to try bone carving since i was not successful the first time.....my daughter joins me to try as well. she showed me some designs that were kinda complicated and i try to be supportive and tell her that maybe you should start slow first....she says NO i can do it! she picks for her first attempt EVER a maori twist (pikorua) AAAAND wants to do an paua shell inlay...also first time! Well im just going to shut up and leave her alone because she blew me out of the water....mine is ok (the hei manaia) .... but hers makes me proud she ignored me. FIRST TIME!!! ugh.

Impressive

Apple doesn't fall far, Hu?

T

great job, she did you proud!

On to the next. After my kids blew me out of the water i had to step my game up! shooting to do at least 1 carving a week. This one is a hei manaia. will be doing all thats showing in sketch book.

Alright
Bammmmmmmm
Awesome

Some more bone carvings this weekend

[ Edited by: Creative Chimp 2018-07-15 14:25 ]

Sweet.

2 thumbs up

Those are all looking good!
Question on the photo of your daughter, it looks like she's holding a dremel with a pistol style handle, what's the deal on that? Is it a dremel accessory, or is it not a dremel but some similar brand?
I use a dremel sometimes, and that handle would make things better... :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 206 replies