Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tikis For Sale in Anaheim Hills

Pages: 1 8 replies

Tikis have actually followed me to work!

A few weeks ago I walked over to the Starbucks next door to my office to get a cup of coffee when I noticed something familiar in front of a small Asian Giftshop in the rear of the complex:

Postponing the coffee, I walked closer and found, sure enough, Palmwood Tikis.

There were more inside the store as well:

The owner, a personable woman named NHON was happy to let me snap some photos. Her brother is the agent selling the tikis for a local carver, but she didn't know who the carver was, only that she thought he was from San Diego?

Does anyone out there know who the artist might be by the style of his carving?

They averaged around $120 to $140, with the large 3-foot tiki on the pallet going for $250. When I checked over there today, they had two new 5-footers.

Imperial Gift Shop - 5645 E La Palma Ave #167, Anaheim Hills. (714) 693-9759. It's near the corner of Imperial Blvd and La Palma, in the same shopping center as the Cinema City movie theaters. Just off the 91 Fwy at the Imperial exit.

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2003-04-04 18:20 ]

Thanks for the pics Sabu. Cool tikis, I don't think I've really seen that style before. I think I'd still be more inclined to buy from Chiki or Leroy or Bosko before someone that I don't know personally. The prices seem reasonable.

Can you believe that stuff follows you around like this?

C

On 2003-04-04 18:29, Luckydesigns wrote:
Can you believe that stuff follows you around like this?

No foolin' I cant even begin to tell ya how many tikis I saw on this trip down south. They were everywhere and being sold in various forms in surfshops from Santa Cruz to Huntington Beach. I spotted Bone Production wares in Santa Barbara, I saw a really BIG tiki in Pismo Beach. It was at a bitchin' surfshop named Pancho's Surf Shop. It was on Pomeroy (the same street the peir is on.) This tiki was redwood and over 15' easy. Pancho didn't know the name of the carver only that he hails from Monterey. The shop had other big tikis and tons of vintage surf, skate and hawaiiana all over. It was like a museum. Definately one of the most impressive surf shops I saw in my travels.
Tiki is thriving in the Beach Communities of California.
Chongolio

Hey Chongol,
Was the shop decorated in Lauhala and Bamboo?

C

Panchos had just about everything in it. bamboo, thatch, tapa, tons of ukes. vintage surfboards and skateboards.
They were doing some remodeling in the back and had a display case haphazardly crammed with more ukes, tikis and other hawaiiana. Next door was expanded into a girls surf shop. That is where the monster tiki was lurkin'
Chongolio

S

When I read a comment above about "tiki" following one around, I thought, No way.

Today I was going past the same little bar/restaurant I have seen a thousand times, and looked up, AND 2 tiki's were (attached) in the front of the A-/slope shaped roof. I NEVER noticed that before.

Spooky........

Betcha anything those are Tiki Toms. Looks like his style.

*On 2003-04-05 16:11, suzywong wrote:*Today I was going past the same little bar/restaurant I have seen a thousand times, and looked up, AND 2 tiki's were (attached) in the front of the A-/slope shaped roof. I NEVER noticed that before.

What bar/restaurant, Suzywong? What address? I gotta put that on my itinery for my trip to NOLA.

B

I had a pic of that big tiki but you'll have to take a look for yourselves, can't find it...Pancho's is a feast for the eyes even if you don't surf...

Also a good size tiki and surf decor at Moondoggies in San Luis Obispo (bigger than their Pismo shop)....

Went by Harbor Hut last week in Morro Bay...Big Tiki out front was moved...not so big anymore...don't know what happened but just had the upper torso and head with a large crack propped up in a corner...

Pages: 1 8 replies