Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Polynesian themed lounge or club in Connecticut for wedding reception?

Pages: 1 14 replies

My fiance and I are going to run off to Hawaii this summer to get married, and we're thinking about having a polynesian themed reception when we get back. Does anyone know any club or anything within 45 minutes of New Haven, Connecticut?

Hu Ke Lau (great place by the way) unfortunately is the closest place we know of, but it's a bit far for everyone..

If not, any suggestions are more than welcome!

Thanks!!!

your best bet would probably be the places around nyc. i suggest doing a search on tc for the discussions about new york, new jersey.

MC

The latest issue of Tiki News shows examples of two weddings: one in a tiki establishment and one that is not. You could rent a hall and make it Tiki with decor and bar for you special celebration.

On 2003-04-07 13:01, manic cat wrote:
The latest issue of Tiki News shows examples of two weddings: one in a tiki establishment and one that is not. You could rent a hall and make it Tiki with decor and bar for you special celebration.

What is the Tiki News you speak of? :) (Sorry, while I love Tiki culture, I'm not very knowlegable...)

T
thejab posted on Mon, Apr 7, 2003 1:55 PM

Tiki News is a great fanzine put out by Otto Von Stroheim since 1995. The first issue had a circulation of only 150 issues but the most recent was 4500 issues! Subscribe and buy the few back issues available here:

http://www.tikinews.com/

To see covers of past issues look here:

http://www.tikinews.com/prologue/past.html

Does anyone here have all the issues? Sven? I think the oldest one I have is #8. I never see old issues for sale anywhere. I wonder what they would fetch on Ebay? It would be great if Otto reproduced the back issues in book form someday. Please?

On 2003-04-07 13:55, thejab wrote:
Tiki News is a great fanzine put out by Otto Von Stroheim since 1995.

Ohhhh.. Wow, an actual paper zine! Haven't seen one of those in a while. :)

Thanks. I'll have to check that out.

[ Edited by: Lance Samason 2007-07-06 15:11 ]

T

Unfortunately, Tiki Road Trip has only this to say about Connecticut...

"Connecticut:
We have no evidence of any Tiki Bars, past or present, in Connecticut."

:(

TC
T

On 2003-04-07 16:44, tikibars wrote:
Unfortunately, Tiki Road Trip has only this to say about Connecticut...

"Connecticut:
We have no evidence of any Tiki Bars, past or present, in Connecticut."

:(

James, what about The Hawaiian that was in West Hartford? No info on that place? I have a moai mug with their logo on the back.

tikigreg

T
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.