Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

NYC TIKI Guide-Submissions wanted!

Pages: 1 17 replies

MC

Inky Louise and I decided to create a gorgeous NYC TIKI Guide. It's a compilation of bar reviews, letters from TCites, interviews, and all things TIKI for NYC. It's a handout that we want to provide at this year's Hukilau and for anyone interested in the world of TIKI as it exists for NYC.
We want to include YOU in our project!

Submissions which are needed include:
feature on Zombie Hut (we already have Otto's and Wally's)
blurbs on Staten Island, Bronx, and NJ tiki
review of Niagara's Lei Bar
report on historic NYC tiki (Hawaii Kai, etc)
interviews about home tiki bars, tiki bathroom, or the tiki set-up you might have in your itty-bitty over-priced apartment/residence
reports of shops which sell TIKI
music reviews (Fisherman, Tiny Bubbles Band, etc.)

If you have other ideas or suggestions, please let us know!
Thanks,
Manic Cat

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2003-04-08 14:00 ]

Manic, what a cool gesture! I know its still a ways away but I'll be in NYC next summer (2004). Who knows what will still be there at that time, but I'd definitely want to check out all the tiki sites and of course raise a Mai Tai with our Tiki Central NYC chapter.

Will this guide be available online?

On 2003-04-08 13:56, manic cat wrote:
...tiki bathroom...

I got it covered manic cat, I got it covered! :wink:

MC

yes!! (eventually) but our first step is creating the guide in print format so that it can be where it belongs--with your home bars, mugs, and BOTs. :)
and in your pocket w/ your subway map when you come to visit!

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2003-04-08 14:10 ]

MC

Brit in Da Hut,
you got all the home interviews! you're busy with my bathroom, the Ink Pad, and anyone else's Tiki home decor...
(You're our field reporter, I guess)

TC

i'll be back the nyc area this summer. can i please help? i'll certainly be hitting chan's & the lee's & hope to meet some of y'all at the nyc places that'll be new to me!

MC

we would love the help!
Hukilau is June 27, so we need to send the package to the printers in early June. If you aren't in town before June, would you like to submit something about NY/NJ from overseas?

On 2003-04-08 14:20, Tiki Chris wrote:
i'll be back the nyc area this summer. can i please help? i'll certainly be hitting chan's & the lee's & hope to meet some of y'all at the nyc places that'll be new to me!

Wow, that means there will be TWO Brits in the (NYC) Hut this summer!

TC

sorry i'm an expat american - been in london around 2 yrs, moving back to the states this summer.

hopefully, we can get trader woody to come over for a visit some time, though.

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-04-08 14:38 ]

TC

On 2003-04-08 14:28, manic cat wrote:
we would love the help!
Hukilau is June 27, so we need to send the package to the printers in early June. If you aren't in town before June, would you like to submit something about NY/NJ from overseas?

yeah, i won't be in the u.s. until mid july. i might be able to do something. however, i got this pesky dissertation to write & that might take priority.

feel free to email me:

[email protected]

T

hey manic
Let me know if you need anything from Otto's (Pics, menu, etc.) also look for our Singapore Sling to be featured in this sunday's NYTimes in the Sunday Stlye section.
mahalo
steve

MC

I'm excited to see the Sling in print.
We are hoping to use the Atomic magazine review on Ottos (which my friend Alana wrote.) Did you ever get a copy? But I'm hoping to review Fisherman as well. But sure, we'll let you know if we can include more. We might be selling some small super-cheap ad space as well.

T

I never got a copy of the atomic issue. can you see if you can get me a copy
steve
thanks!

MC

I'll bring a copy over soon.

Message to STENTIKI....

We are expecting a intro letter from the Co-Huna!

Inks

This may be king Kameamea of the dumb questions, but what is Hukilau?

Wow, that sounds AWESOME! Can't make it, but I'll definitely be there bothering Shag in spirit.

Pages: 1 17 replies