Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

surf soul tiki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 2,206 replies

P

thanks guys...

blackened in his tatts yesterday, will stain him sometime today...

P

espresso...

D
DHTiki posted on Fri, Aug 1, 2014 1:12 PM

That is just the shit, man. Absolutely stellar.

Did you decide against having the tats darker than the rest?

P

thanks brother... and no, the intention of painting the recesses black was so that there would be a bit of contrast with the dark stain.... he actually looked different once the stain soaked in and dried a little and it wasn't so shiny, and the desired effect was achieved....

C

Great one pjc5150.

P

thanks Clarita.. :)

cypress...

R

really nice man!

P

P

lono, 6 1/2 ft tall (a little over 3 ft of tiki on a base that is also just over 3 ft)... florida sabal palm

Sweet & Gnarly
Nice arms.

Is that just stain? Did you coat it with any Poly?

D

Dude, you really need to stop posting this sort of thing. It makes me feel so inadequate. I'll be drafting a Craigslist ad soon to get rid of all my saws, gouges, mallets, etc., if you keep this up.

Seriously cool. How did you do the fin-things that run above the nose and mouth and down the back? Was that chisel work? You didn't do that with the chainsaw, dd you? Regardless, I would have broken off three-quarters of them if I were to try something like that.

Cheers!

P

Will, thanks man. :)
Tom, just stain.
DH, lol,,, thanks... basically all those little spikes were started as blocks that I cut with a chainsaw and yes, I broke a few along the way and had to glue em back on...,

P

stolen idol!!! lol... j/k...

I was hangin' at Will's back around Hukilau time, and kinda kept pestering him about this piece, and he finally caved in & gave it to me. :)

I promised him I'd finish it, so here goes...

P

"I'm Popeye the sailor man..."

P

Rock on !

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 20, 2014 11:45 AM

On 2014-08-14 09:37, pjc5150 wrote:
lono, 6 1/2 ft tall (a little over 3 ft of tiki on a base that is also just over 3 ft)... florida sabal palm

Send to GROG.

C
cy posted on Thu, Aug 21, 2014 7:56 AM

Awesome new work Jeff, you keep improving and developing your style!

P

the next big kanaloa...

8 ft, florida cypress...

P

a little something I threw together down in Punta Gorda yesterday afternoon...

8 ft tall.. palm...

P

a guerrilla piece I made on a fairly busy road here in my neighborhood out of a standing dead palm at the base of a bridge at the hillsborough river...

RENEGADE TIKI!!!

A
amate posted on Thu, Sep 4, 2014 3:20 PM

On 2014-08-21 07:56, cy wrote:
Awesome new work Jeff, you keep improving and developing your style!

What he said!
and, I just love the whole idea of the Renegade!!!

P

2nd guerrilla piece...

RENEGADE TIKI!!!

P

another guerrilla moai in motion....

Columbus Drive Bridge, Tampa FL...

WC

You'll either be a hero for these,
or,
go to jail for these when they catch you.
They look great,
traffic stoppers.

You're a hero in our eyes. Keep up the great work.

P

jail...

been there, done that & ain't afraid of it...

I enjoy a good fight.

anyhoo, looks like I may be comin' down to Ft Laudy for my birthday on the 18th,. talk to you soon Will.. :)

P

RENEGADE TIKI!

finished the Columbus Bridge Moai... 8 feet!

P

guerilla tiki #4...

with a few freebies left at the scene... :wink:

SURF SOUL...

G

On 2014-09-09 17:08, pjc5150 wrote:
guerilla tiki #4...

with a few freebies left at the scene... :wink:

SURF SOUL...

LOL, I think you should ship me freebie #1 for my trouble :wink:

P

Guerrilla Tiki #5...

9 foot Guanko...

Downtown Tampa!!! lol...

S

Cool work. What kind of chainsaw is that?

T

Really awesome project, Jeff!

P

thx guys...

and that little saw is a Stihl 150tc ...

I have named it "little precious"... :wink:

oh yeah, I am reworking guerrilla tiki #1 because it just looked like shit...

P

#6... Davis Island, FL...

with my buddy's son photobombin' the shit out of me... lol..

Jeff did you top that tree then carve it?

P

actually I carved it first... then the cars all cleared out of the parking lot, and THEN we topped it...

That's ballsy! LOL

P

ehh, I didn't cut it that deep... and it was a pretty solid sabal palm...

T

Look at that kid's face. Hilarious! Bravo little dude.

P

so here are a few pics from my little benefit that I hosted last night...

a friend of mine, Erin, has cancer and no insurance... so I donated some tikis & we had a little event & raised like 1800 bucks in cash that I was able to hand to her...

Nice Work ! How long did it take you to make that piece it look awsome.It has alot of workmanship!!

P

yeah, it took a while... lol... I never really keep track of the hours because I am always working, watching t.v., f'n around on facebook, smokin' the "devil's lettuce", havin' a rum, and b.s.'n with someone here all at the same time, so it makes it difficult to quantify... lol..

so anyway,,.,

did the fishing tournament trophies again this year, and again the guys who won were hugely stoked to have a hand carved fish instead of some plastic piece of shit. last year the dude who won the trout trophy literally almost cried he was so stoked... that kinda stuff makes me happy. :)

and the news people are on me about the guerrilla tikis... looks like I'm gonna get some more TV time,.. :wink:

Will, I talked to my attorney and he said that although I may very well get arrested, he is 100% confident that he could successfully defend me... I mean, let's face it... I ain't exactly sellin' crack to 9 year olds and setting animals on fire... I'm just makin' art... :wink:

Someone's gotta do it!!!

N

Soul Surf. I am sorry about the trouble you got into in the name of Art and Great Ideas. I hope that you do not have to go to jail, I have been down in orient rd. for a bit, So keep your head up and this to shall pass.

P

lol... oh yeah... Orient Road... I know it well..

but no bro, I haven't been arrested (yet)... but my atty said it was very possible... lol... whatever...

P

guerrilla (gorilla?) tiki #7..

still needs a little detailing.. I may have a friend actually paint it..

I hate ladder work...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 2206 replies