Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

surf soul tiki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 2,206 replies

Jeff do you draw on the bark with something when you start?(and if so, what) or is it all from your head? I like it, keep it up! And what could you get popped for? Defacing property?
Fastbackadam.

P

sometimes I use a grease pencil to draw on the bark... they work well... kinda like a big crayon...

:)

I heard you use instructions that you download from the interweb??

P

nah, I just come on here and copy everyone else's shit! lol...

T

that looks rather dangerous. I just spent a good part of the spring of this year doing the same thing for a totem pole... luckily, no mishaps!

T

that looks rather dangerous. I just spent a good part of the spring of this year doing the same thing for a totem pole... luckily, no mishaps!

P

I like danger.

so yeah, we almost got arrested yesterday... I may have to pay a fine or something...

anyway, guerrilla tiki #8 was carved by my protege Kevin Z... with me coaching & directing...

RENEGADE TIKI!!!

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2014-09-24 12:46 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 24, 2014 5:30 PM

On 2014-09-23 13:10, pjc5150 wrote:
nah, I just come on here and copy everyone else's shit! lol...

GROG heard that you have assistants/proteges who do most of the carving and then you just add a few details at the end, sign it and say it's yours. :D

P

totally bro... I have 'em chained up out back... :wink:

My tip Jeff is that you get ya self some high vis vests and some witches hats, wouldn't hurt to maybe just
come across some official look'n signage. Cops are stoopid if ya look like your'e mean't to be doin it they will probably think you are.

P

Guerrilla Tiki #9

P

guerrilla tiki #10 drops tomorrow...

the dude from channel 8 is meeting me there to film it. :wink:

and I made this one out of the topped part of guerrilla #9...

"kneeling guanko"...

P

more guerrilla tiki... #10 & #11

and a dude is doing a tv news story about me... like, a fairly in depth one.. he hung out with me most of the day yesterday.

URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/pjc5150/media/macdillmoai_zps67d7c9f6.jpg.html][/URL]

Someone took that big rootball I did on the island

P

I knew they would.. lol...

that one was too good to leave around.

P
G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 3, 2014 6:59 PM

GROG glad you're not setting puppies on fire.

H

Nice video Jeff.

P

yeah, they GROG, they kept kinda pushin' the jail issue.

"so you could GO TO JAIL..." "what if you GO TO JAIL.."

and finally that is what came out of my mouth.. and now that quote is taking on a life of it's own...

awesome... now my mother has YET ANOTHER thing to get upset about.. jesus..

C
cy posted on Tue, Oct 28, 2014 8:10 AM

You in the hoosegow bro?

D

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Are we going to be seeing you on an episode of Cops?

From what I understand he has been experimenting with carving garden gnomes, bears and fishermen. You can find him at http://www.iamalametikiposter.com

P

Nah, the rumor" s aren't true. I just took a little break from the guerrilla tiki thing for a couple of weeks... I've pretty much been told by the city that as long as I stay out of the "signature" places like downtown, Bayshore, the Riverwalk, etc,,, I will not get in trouble lol

My computer is broken so I can't really post any pictures of the stuff I've been making lately,..

I say leave your signature
:)

C
cy posted on Fri, Oct 31, 2014 8:31 AM

Glad to hear that Jeff, now I won't have to bake you a cake with a chain saw in it.

A
amate posted on Sat, Nov 1, 2014 7:38 AM

On 2014-10-31 08:31, cy wrote:
Glad to hear that Jeff, now I won't have to bake you a cake with a chain saw in it.

HA!!!!!!!GOOD ONE!!!!!!

C
cy posted on Sun, Nov 2, 2014 3:36 PM

WOW!

P

ok, I'm back.

my old laptop shit the bed like a month ago, and using my phone to access the internet just blows... so I haven't been posting much except on facebook through instagram because it is super easy.

here's some stuff I made,...

T

On 2014-11-02 12:23, hang10tiki wrote:

Cake.

Saw.
Going to need a bigger cake.
This saw caught fire, so cake may taste funny.
Still runs.

Keep up with the pop up tiki.

P

mod moai.. cedar...

P

Sweet Provisions

Sweet Provisions

Put good in get good out.

Sweet
I wish we had large machines running around carrying stumps
Have fun wit those brada

N

My Man! My car is in the shop had to buy some cigs busted out my shwin thought about your collection, this is my ride

P

yeah, I sold all my bikes but one....

I need to make some more... lol...

P

and that is definitely a newer Schwinn...

I personally prefer the older ones... the Schwinns made at the Chicago factory prior to 1981 when they went bankrupt were literally some of the best built bikes ever made... the old man literally refused to conform the WAY LOWER standards of manufacturing at factories in Taiwan and such, and went broke. The frames were literally braze welded by hand in a jig...

if you peruse craigslist, you can find them CHEAP... I have paid as little as 15 dollars for a functional vintage Schwinn... those frames are practically bomb proof..

yes that is a Wal Mart special

P

tahitian inn #3... going back to restain the first 2 tikis, and plan to fix those tool marks around his mouth... hard to see in there with all the shade and whatever...

N

Thats a nice stain. Its that expresso you where telling me about. The Carving is off the chain now is this carving a specific tiki God or is it just a style you have,

Thanks

P

that's my take on the marquesian style bro...

and here is what I am doing with my weekend. :)

A Tiki beast.

C
cy posted on Sun, Dec 28, 2014 6:40 PM

That is a biggun' pjc, NICE!

Dig the headdress, it's massive.

P

thanks guys..

here's a little one I'm working on.

weeping elm... it's amazing.. Will, I'll bring you a piece or 2 when I visit. you'll love it. it's hard as shit, but the color & grain is superb...

D

Epic. Great work. How much finish work are you going to do on the big one? Leave him rough or do a bunch of sanding/staining/sealing?

I've got a seven foot piece of palm I'm trying to figure out what to do with. I'm torn between sawing it into two or three chunks or carve a bigun. Decisions, decisions...

[ Edited by: DHTiki 2014-12-29 07:55 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 2206 replies