Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

surf soul tiki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 2,206 replies

P

the detailing continues...

T

Just keeps gettin better and better!

Yah man! That is looking better and better...keep 'er going!

P

thanks guys. I'm pretty stoked on this one.

here's today's progress shots...

I think you've out done even your own self this time.

P

thanks Will.

Your opinion is one of the one's I value most around here. If you like it, that means alot to me.

Now I gotta finish up today & get on the BIG one...

thats your best one yet......great friggin job. and you have a bigger one to do? what type of palm is the big one anyway?

your kickin ass man!

N

Looking Awesome! Looks like you're really taking your time and putting in some quality work at the INN and I'm sure they love it. Keep up the good work bro!

P

thanks guys. Trying to finish big...

leg tats! ropes!

it slices, it dices, it juliens!

A
amate posted on Mon, Feb 13, 2012 2:28 PM

That is quite a calling card you will be leaving!! Very impressive and very well done.

P

thanks bro. and thanks for all the kind words on this one..

well, stick a fork in this one...he's done!

(well, except stain...which I'm waiting a few weeks on)...

I think this one is really great. I know I wouldn't want to leave it behind.
Really nice carving and finish. Yahoo.

P

well F%%%%!!!

looking at these pics I totally blew it on the leg tats. Going back in the morning to straighten that out. They're all uneven. Damn it...

P

hey conga, you responded before me...

thanks so much brother. I'm insanely critical of my stuff, but Im really happy about this one...except the uneven-ness of the leg tats. other than that I am really super happy about it, and the owner's son told me today that his dad saw it & said it was better than he expected. That was like 2 days ago & I've done A LOT since then...so I'm really happy right now.

This gig, the property and the family that owns it...just awesome. I'm so happy about all of this. And that really inspired me.

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2012-02-13 17:13 ]

P

so, ok. Had a little delay on starting the second piece, as I was waiting for the tree guy to come take the top off...

so I got a couple of big chunks to make something with...

and I picked up this old '71 "Mag Sprocket" Schwinn Typhoon and put some ridiculously big ape hangers on it for barbopping...yeah, it's a bit over the top, but it's a hoot to ride....

P

Well, this one is ready to go...

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2012-02-17 08:51 ]

N

That is quite the canvas my friend, can't wait to see what you carve out of this one.

That's going to look great! The location is perfect for a Tahitian Tiki!

P

yeah, still kinda figuring out what to do...

Thinking I'm gonna re-create the original old-school "Tahitian Inn" sign from the old days in the middle, with a tiki guy both under & over it, also with lots of tattoo type detailing...

Congrats- your best piece yet!

I'd like to you you riding that Typhoon after the 3rd or 4th bar stop!

B

Thought I already replied to these Awesome carves Jeff but glad I had a second look. An Impressive lot of carving on this giant tree, well done.

P

Thanks Benz. Hoping to get back down your way here in the next couple of weeks.

...and the draw out on the big Tahitian begins!

Man the Tahitian guys must be stoked.fantastic stuff!

P

yeah man, so far so good!

The surf was up today! Anna Maria was firing...

I got some sick lefts today...

N

sick dude...its gona be real good tomorrow morning. I'm planning on paddling out early if you wana come go for a surf...let me know brother

Nice! Water looks WARM.
You're not wearing a wetsuit are you!!!? ha ha

P

Yeah Nixxy, I gotta get some work done today otherwise I'd have joined you. I need to get that secnd piece drawn out today.

And surfin...yeah, water temps in the 60's & air temps in the 50's. I bought an Excel Infiniti last year and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I'm a wuss about cold weather, if it's less than 70 degrees outside I'm suitin' up! Hell, these are probably SUMMER conditions for you!

P

back to work...rough draw-out complete...

I'll start cutting on it tomorrow or Saturday.

P

So, I started cutting the big tahitian....

and I picked up this old '49 Packard-badged Schwinn yesterday...

N

Great start to that one...and another cool bike that I will be anxiously awaiting progress pics of.

P

thanks Andy.

so I got a lot of detail work done today.

I'm very happy with this one, and want to match or better the last one I did.

M

That is Primo marquism goin on right there. Giving it a regal future on this vintage FL icon. Thank you for sharingits progress.

Mahalo

McTiki

N

looking fantastic my friend. You're def stepping it up on these, very impressive.

Way kool

P

thanks guys.

trying to make these people super happy so the train can keep rollin'!

A

Keep it rollin' bro...you are kicking butt with the Tahitian stuff!

P

thanks Amate, and everyone else for all the kind words.

made a little progress today, but man....that big ol' Pfeil #9 gouge wore my ass out this evening.

My arms are sore from hammerin' that big scoop through some very dense canary palm...

I need a beer (or 5)....

Soooo BAD ASS!

N

Looks awesome. Now go and have that well deserved beer.

Lookin good! That's one hell of a shovel you have there!

Look good dude!

P

thanks guys...

made a little more progress...

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2012-02-28 18:07 ]

P

this morning's progress....

C
cy posted on Wed, Feb 29, 2012 11:02 AM

Impressive pjc!

Great job! What did you use for the dark coloring in the recessed areas? Has a nice dull gray tinge to it ...

WC

Wow, nice & clean.
They gonna let you do more yet ?

Man thats kool,youre really start,n to develop youre own style!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 2206 replies