Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Polynesian Pop is now a Special Tiki Central Agent!

Pages: 1 30 replies

I’m proud to announce that our very own Polynesian Pop has been inducted as a Special Tiki Central Agent. Neither he, I, nor any Tiki Central official is at liberty to state the exact specifics behind this prestigious and important promotion, but let me go on record by saying that Poly Pop’s generosity, playful kindness, and commitment naturally led him to it.

As a reminder to all, Polynesian Pop’s member rank has now changed to reflect his Tiki Central Agent status. Let’s all give him a pat on the back. Congratulations PolyPop!

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-04-08 18:02 ]

A

Wow,
Poly Pop is on Super Secret Probation.
Mahalo,
Al

S

Wow! A job so secret even he doesn't know what he does! Wow!

C

Outstanding job P-pop. Now you can order your Mai-Tais shaken not blended. (Wouldn't that blow some bartender lids!!) Did your new promotion come with a theme song.

Chongolio

:music: There's a man who lives a life of tiki
Hits the bar like Hurricane Iniki
With every drink he takes
Another brain cell flakes
Odds are he won't remember much tomorrow :music:

:music: Secret Aaagent Pop :music:
:music: Secret Aaagent Pop :music:
:music: He's on a mission so secret,
even he doesn't know what it is! :music:

:music: Secret Aaa.... :music:

Feel free to add. Melody: Secret Agent Man.

Singin'CaddyDaddy

as long as he aint gunna be no dang p/c narc!

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Apr 9, 2003 1:15 AM

HO, congrats 'fo da promo! i'll get da first 2 rounds of kava wen you get on da islands in a couple months ya.

aloha to da new "village special agent"

HH

speaking of
where's he at?

congrats bro!

Thanks guys. I wish I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you...

HH

lmao
rotf
:lol:

hop~sing to the rescue

Hellooooo Nurse.....

[ Edited by: hula hula on 2003-04-09 07:53 ]

[ Edited by: hula hula on 2003-04-09 07:54 ]

T

On 2003-04-08 17:56, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Neither he, I, nor any Tiki Central official is at liberty to state the exact specifics behind this prestigious and important promotion

Did it involve knee pads? :)

Congrats PolyPop...is it possible that you have the most posts and earned your prestigious position that way? or did you just sleep with hanford! jk jk...sorry for that, it was below the belt...pun intended...

P

Allow me to be the first NON Tiki Socialite to congratulate Polynesian Pop on this great honor. It is an honor, isn't it?

Loved the "Secret Agent" parody, too. I got a great chuckle out of it. Very clever.

Please note mine was posted 3 minutes prior to CopyCattyDaddy's. :P

M

I see, yes it is clear now.

A Committee for State Security has been established. The apparatus of the Politburo has been put in place, and now we see their first "agent". Their secrecy is already evident, what other means have the powers established, by what other methods will they enforce their will on the people?

The rubicron has been crossed, Big Brother is amongst us. I, Captain Midnite, self-appointed leader of the opposition, will not bow to the Party. In the streets, in the cafes, in the deep recesses of Tiki Central I will fight the power. I will speak for the many that have been, or will soon be, silenced by the State. I will fight for those that are oppressed by this regime, for them I pledge my allegiance, my faith.

The secret police will not defeat me, for the flame that is freedom, the spark that breaths the fresh air of the free, is mine. It cannot be extinguished, it will never be put out. They may take me someday, oh they may stop my mortal self, for that I am prepared. But they will never, NEVER, take away the force that drives those who suffer and yearn to be free, to be FREE! That will live on, and come back stronger after I am gone...this secret police will not win.

Beat, one, two, three, FOUR:

"You grow up and you calm down
You're working for the clampdown
You start wearing the blue and brown
You're working for the clampdown
So you got someone to boss around
It makes you feel big now
You drift until you brutalize
You made your first kill now "

Resist, fight the power, do not work for the clampdown!

Radio Free Tiki

Damn, I miss Joe.

All joking aside, it's not for anything like "most number of posts" or something I bestowed on PolyPop for some trivial reason. The Special Tiki Central Agent title is one of serious tikiness! :)

:drink: :drink: :drink:

~Hanford

M

Midnite-

Your treachery is duly noted.

T

I'll put my usual smart-ass self to the side for a moment.

Poly Pop really does deserve his new title. He truly is very knowledgable in the world of tiki mugs. And after all, that's what our main passion is isn't it?

All right, resume usual smart-ass self - Pop your kids will forget you when you're a Mondo without them!

I think I've guessed what Poly-Pop's secret job is:

:music:In the foulest bathroom stall, he is no stranger
With his disinfectant sponge, he wipes up danger
No germ is out of reach
Of his deadly discs of bleach
And he sprays Fabreze on every diaper-changer

Secret Aaagent Pop!
Secret Aaagent Pop!
He's got a thermal-headed Plunger
And a Super-Ninja Mop :music:

T

You're killin' me here. Each installment funnier than the last!!! That songbook has got to happen. Then we will have our own special tunes to sing together on bus rides...

Somewhere Patrick McGoohan is proud of you, PolyPop. Say, are you working on the stark and steely gaze? The cryptic one-sided smile? The faintly sinister little crack in your voice? I bet your forehead is getting ever more intellectually imposing, John Drake-style, with every passing moment.

Hm. Better watch it though. You don't want to end up in The Village. I doubt they serve Mai Tais there...

Midnite, just remember: "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Lisa

p.s. hope to see you guys at Tiki Ti Thursday evening...the password is "rover."

Did someone say, Tiki-Ti?

Did someone say Tiki Ti? sure did.
MrSmiley posted earlier that he, Enid and I will be at Tiki Ti Thursday at eight. Sure hope some TCers can join us!

--Lisa

On 2003-04-09 19:57, tikivixen wrote:
Somewhere Patrick McGoohan is proud of you, PolyPop. Say, are you working on the stark and steely gaze? The cryptic one-sided smile? The faintly sinister little crack in your voice? I bet your forehead is getting ever more intellectually imposing, John Drake-style, with every passing moment.

Actually Vixen, I've been working on quite the contrary - my ever expanding disguises for my top secret role. I've got a job to do....

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-10 07:33 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-10 07:37 ]

BTW - The Tiki Ti is closed until the 22nd. Check out this thread for more info:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=3309&forum=4&6

This post is "stranger than Emo Phillips!" I'm trippin!!

Pretty funny, nice work on the lyrics everybody. Sabu that mop graphic is hysterical.
P-pop your cover is blown man.
(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-04-10 10:17 ]

Chongo you Bastard! J/K - Hey, that would make a great sticker, wouldn't it?

RATS! Yeah, that is the biggest problem with the Tiki-Ti. It always seems to be closed. There has been more than one time that I have headed down there, all primed and set for a Ray's Mistake, only to find them closed. Thanks Pop, for the info and for pointing me back to the Tiki-Ti website. I havve it bookmarked now. I guess that's why you are the Special Tiki Central Secret Agent.

Chongolio!

That would make a great business/calling card for our own Hong Kong Phooey!.....umm, I mean Special Tiki Central Agent PolynesianPop!

Pages: 1 30 replies