Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki apartments in South Bay?

Pages: 1 3 replies

I'm in the process of looking for an apartment in South Bay (LA not Bay Area), and I'm just wondering if anyone knows of location of various tiki themed apartments. I'm looking in the cities of Torrance, Hawthorne, Lomita, Redondo/Hermosa/Long Beach.

I did notice one going down PCH and shooting down the street that leads you to Palos Verde Drive. It was nice and clean, but no vacancy.

Thanks!

P

There are also the Tropic Isle apartments on Redondo Beach Blvd. between Prarie and Crenshaw (across from the Alondra golf course). They are island themed, but I have not seen any tikis. I am not sure whether that is Hawthorne, Torrance or Gardena.

I recall a thread where Sabu and Doctor Z found some tiki apartments in the Hawthorne/Gardena area. I think there were even pictures.

PiPhiRho:

Thank you for listing the address.
I will swing by myself for a mini-Tiki cruise.

Good to know that not everything tiki has been torn yet.

Paranoid123:

Thanks to Dr. Z, Sabu & SpaceAgeCity -

The Tiki not only features 3 large tikis outside, and 2 by the pool, it also features an incredible, panaromic ocean view. It is located on Pale Verde, just South of PCH. (See Book of Tiki, pg. 221)

The Elai Kai, Kona Kai and the Ocean apts constitute a tiki-themed neighborhood. They are located at 22413/11 Ocean and 226th and Hawthorne (behind the Gamble House Bowling Alley.

As I am fond of saying,

"I always believe that one's home should be one's tiki hut."

Pages: 1 3 replies