Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

A Collection of Cannibals

Pages: 1 2 3 4 187 replies

Was just looking at the Kon Tiki Cleveland thread. My new cannibal looks Really similar to those in the pics posted by Dusty. I was originally thinking it looked like the Harbor Hut Morro Bay ones, but the Kon Tiki one is even more similar..

Erich- I thought the same thing when I saw your cannibal. Those were carved by a Hispanic (I think) carver, his name escapes me but it is on these threads somewhere. He typically signed those cannibals & I know he did them in at least a few sizes, as I have seen very small post ones pop up. I narrowly missed purchasing a little one last year.

Again great score

Thanks.

Its obvious from the details that its not the same one, but I'd be willing to bet it was the same carver..

Dig the research that goeZ on around here

On 2016-04-07 16:55, ErichTroudt wrote:
Was just looking at the Kon Tiki Cleveland thread. My new cannibal looks Really similar to those in the pics posted by Dusty. I was originally thinking it looked like the Harbor Hut Morro Bay ones, but the Kon Tiki one is even more similar..

It wasn't just the Kon Tiki in Cleveland that used those cannibals. They were also used at the Kon Tiki in Portland. When it closed they were sold to The Jasmine Tree, then Thatch, and now they are at home in Hale Pele.

Very Cool. Thanks man!!

More cannibalistic mugs:

Love them! Where are they from?

H

I looked through the entire thread but did not see a picture of the Tikis & Terrors II mug by squid.I am stoked I own this mug.
I took the second picture in an antique shop but couldn't afford it.

One I made for the cannibal art swap

On 2016-04-22 06:05, Jeff Bannow wrote:
Love them! Where are they from?

The first one is the '14 Hukilau mug by Eekum Bookum, the second was made by Wendy Cevola.

On 2016-04-22 11:04, hiltiki wrote:
I looked through the entire thread but did not see a picture of the Tikis & Terrors II mug by squid.I am stoked I own this mug.

It never dawned on me that the Tiki & Terrors mug by Squid is completely cannibal influenced. Very cool.

H

Went to Oceanic Arts last Saturday and I saw this piece. Never noticed it before.

From an ancient website from the early days of the Tiki Revival :) :

http://tikimodern.com/pages/004.html

Unfortunately, since that photo was taken, the arm broke..

I've always considered this guy a cannibal Tiki. :wink:

After coveting that tiki in Long Beach for over a year my girlfriend surprised me with it for Christmas. It's safe indoors in San Luis Obispo now. Thinking about commisioning the other two cannibals at some point for my home bar basing their appearance on the style of this guy. Also, I now have the purple Gainey planter base that he was using as a pedestal in case anyone is looking for one.

On 2016-04-22 11:04, hiltiki wrote:

I got the this big 15" Cannibal from eBay a couple years back. The seller stated that her aunt got in on a South Pacific cruise in the 1950s or so. It looks like a brother of the Tahitian tourist Cannibal at Oceanic Arts. He's such a cool piece.

Scored this cannibal lamp yesterday at an antique store in Nashville (cat for scale):

(one of the "baby's" arms is missing)

And here it is with another cannibal I found a few years ago at a flea market:

Sweet

H
Hamo posted on Wed, Oct 24, 2018 10:03 PM

I just discovered that Cheeky Tiki has produced a new cannibal mug that I really want (and hope Bespoke Barware will offer soon).

https://cheekytiki.com/product/ceramic-tiki-mug-cannibal-green/

Oh that one is very cool! i might have to grab one of those...

On 2018-10-24 09:24, gooneybird wrote:
Scored this cannibal lamp yesterday at an antique store in Nashville (cat for scale):

(one of the "baby's" arms is missing)

And here it is with another cannibal I found a few years ago at a flea market:

Out of curiousity...which antique store?

On 2018-10-27 12:03, Slacks Ferret wrote:

Out of curiousity...which antique store?

8th Avenue Antique Mall in Nashville

P

Can't remember if I ever posted this Cannibal Trio pin.
You can get them at http://www.pintiki.com (if they aren't sold out)

Slacks Ferret coolest lamps ever. Dan's a lamp guy so these will make him drool. Wendy

Slacks Ferret coolest lamps ever. Dan's a lamp guy so these will make him drool. Wendy

I was inspired by this thread. Just a quick, disposable foam cannibal about 12 inches tall. When the head of the "victim" is shot with a Nerf blowgun, a secret compartment opens to reveal a clue. Will be part of a Tiki treasure hunt of the grandsons this Spring, will post pics when it happens :D

Mike
Very kool
What will be hiding inside?

Jon, it will have the clue to the next step in the treasure hunt :D

Ok here is a new cannibal entry from the Luau in Quebec.

And, a set of Canni-Bobs!

DC

On 2019-02-28 12:26, Dustycajun wrote:

And, a set of Canni-Bobs!

DC

I don't think I've ever seen cannibalism be so cute before! Are they mugs?

no pix to share, but I do want to replace the three grotty barstools I currently have with a set of cannibals carved from local pine and
topped with leopard print microfiber. As it happens my neighbor has a huge pine that needs taking down and I've talked to the arborist
who will be doing the removal (hopefully he remembers, it's been nearly 3 months now...)

12 inch

Sourced this pair of Cannibal Eater S&P shakers from a lovely lady in Tucson. Similar to the pair from the collection of Ooga-Mooga member Kingstiedye. This pair is signed on the back, so maybe homemade from an old Duncan ceramic mold?

S

A holy grail set came up on ebay, but properly listed to get attention and it went for $2800! Like Kate's marked Bora Bora and this one dated 4/41

F

79492E83-3795-4FA6-A4FC-BA1E0E019822 Look who’s checking out TC

Another art swap piece

8E4968DB-FEF3-464F-8E32-F7373613C840

L

Hello! This is my contribution. I am quite sure he has a story, but, so far, he is not talking. Picked him up years ago, in a long- gone collectible shop in Paia, Maui.

11F05717-31F9-48B1-860F-83321D7AB245

Made another one

Cherry wood

IMG_3796

C

IMG_0831

Here’s one I caught recently. Who has a line on the other two?!?!

[ Edited by Cavemoai on 2023-05-20 06:51:58 ]

I think of this Dayak Hampatong as Cannibal adjacent...Dayak Hampatong

0B8B0428-9563-42CD-ACA4-564F6AEBD82BAFADC5B6-4498-436B-8575-D958B87495E1

J

Hi All,

Just bought this piece after I came back from Bora Bora. Seems old, no date on it.

Can anyone give me some information about this piece. Thanks in advance.

Greetings Jorber.

[ Edited by jorber on 2023-08-29 00:04:01 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 187 replies