Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Cozumel Island, Cozumel Island, Mexico (restaurant)

Pages: 1 0 replies

Name:Cozumel Island
Type:restaurant
Street:Av. Rafael E. Melgar North
City:Cozumel Island
State:
Zip:
Phone: +52-987-869-8119

Description:
My wife and I were on vacation in Playa del Carmen in mid-October 2009. We took a day trip over to Cozumel to go snorkeling. My wife saw an advertisement for Tiki Tok restaurant and Bar in one of the local tourist handouts. What a great place!! Yes, it is currently the only tiki bar/restaurant on Cozumel. Founded 5 years ago by Oscar Piuto Silva(a local) and his wife( American-born), Tiki Tok hosts a great bar with a second story view of the ocean. It is right on the waterfront, so you are spitting distance from the water. The restaurant is decked out in pseudo-tiki and Maya decor with a great Easter Island mural. The food is a mixture of traditional and original chicken, meat and fish dishes. The quality of the food and presentation is excellent. The bartender makes original drinks in coconuts and other vessels and uses local fruits and liquors. Check out the website at http://www.tikitokcozumel.com. This restaurant was a great find with reasonable prices for food and drinks. They sell a collectible T-shirt.
TikiBob Coleman

Pages: 1 0 replies