Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What's "Cooking" in Tiki Central?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3,027 replies

You have to be tired of shrimp by now Tom?

TT

Yeah, we passed on the coconut shrimp at Okolemaluna last night.

No shrimp for me Tom, I'm highly allegric so I tell myself they are just water cockroaches. :wink:

Made some Pepperoni & Hot Italian Sausage Lasagne today. Used Sockarooni sauce to give it a little extra kick. Not too bad. I think next time I'll add black olives, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, and whatever else I can find to it :D

The "after" picture looks just like any other lasagne so I put the construction phase pic.

TT

On 2011-10-30 19:31, MadDogMike wrote:
No shrimp for me Tom, I'm highly allegric so I tell myself they are just water cockroaches. :wink:

Made some Pepperoni & Hot Italian Sausage Lasagne today. Used Sockarooni sauce to give it a little extra kick. Not too bad. I think next time I'll add black olives, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, and whatever else I can find to it :D

It's ok Mike, I'm allergic to Pepperoni & Hot Italian Sausage. :wink:

Here's the Halloween dinner Sherri & I made last night...

Salmon with Rice & Winter Squash and an avocado sauce on the side

And...a Bloody Mary with a Caesar Salad

TT

Our 11/1/11 dinner had a bit of an Indian/Asian cross-over with a twist, courtesy of Sherriyaki.

TM

Fark! That looks GREAT!

TT

Open-face (we only had one roll) bbq tofu banh mi...

WHAT! that looks AAAAAAAAAmazing.

Beautiful presentation Tom, but I may be allergic to tofu too :wink:

TT

More delicious food from Sherriyaki!
Wild Cod, sweet potatoes, roasted turnips, Israeli couscous with dried cranberries, pine nuts, and pomegranate seeds.

S

sheriyaki really knows how to whip up that good stuff.

my personal man-servant prepared the meal below for my luncheon break. afterwards i will be heading out to sea to hunt tiger sharks then back to the moonbase for a couple of games of backgammon with the "boys" over some drinks.

Yup! thats the stuff, very nice.

Nothing lately...apparently. That's what's cooking. :P

I cooked up some Disneyland recipe Bengal Beef last week and had an interesting experience. It was good, had a nice kick to it but nothing severe - I put the few leftovers in the fridge. When I went to finish them off several days later they were so spicy I could hardly eat them. Something about sitting in the fridge really amplified the spices :-?

I am in no way skilled as a chef, so this is an embarrassment to post after the above photos. But I like this thread so I'll help give it a bump.

This is a old standby dinner I invented. Diced Italian-style tomatoes (yup, out of a can), black beans, and rice. It doesn't look pretty, but it's quick, easy, and surprisingly tasty. (Obviously it would work nicely with fresh tomatoes, but I usually take the easy way out.)

Now, surely someone will post something more impressive shortly.

Maybe it's time to kick some life into this old thread, if it wasn't for Tom
it would be sleeping away in the TC depths.....

You talked me into it, Tom!

On the menu tonight: Pasta with Garlic Alfredo sauce & Apple Wood Smoked Bacon.

Oh Alfredo and BACON!!! I like where this is going :D (did you get green counters to match the walls or green walls to match the counters?)

The answer you seek MDM is "Both"

Nice! More food additions!!!
Here's a couple mexi-baja inspired dishes.

Eggs with black beans and rice...

Fish Tacos...

How about some "Sweet Hawaiian Bread French Toast"

A pic of the remodeled Kitchen for MDM...

Nice looking Kraken trivet :D

Very nice kitchen (and whole hose remodel too) We are expecting some pics of inspired food to come out of your new "studio"

TT

Tasty lookin' "Sweet Hawaiian Bread French Toast" ya got there...The kitchen ain't too bad either.
You should make some Kraken syrup to go with those slices. :)

A little something I made for a Birthday Party

Gourmet Mac & Cheese w/ Emmentaler, Jarlsberg, Smoked Gouda Cheeses & Jalapeno & Smoked Bacon

Whole Roasted Pig
Turkey
Spicy Orange Whole Chicken
Fried Rice with Chinese BBQ Spam
Szechuan Potatoes (fried potatoes, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds)
Coconut Pinapple Rice with Ham
Potato/Mac Salad
Fruit Platter
Assorted Tropical Desserts

for 60 people

Mike in the house!

I hope you took more Pics, Buddy cause that's one hell of a spread.
Amazing Job!

TT

Nice looking food gentlemen!!!

Here's a little Sweet & Sour Fish Dish that was pretty delish...

I don't think I've ever tried Sweet & Sour Fish, looks pretty good!

My brother is growing potatoes now and brought me over a bag of gold, red, and purple new potatoes. They were the same size and shape as meatballs so it made perfect sense to me to pair those together. Meatballs and New Potatoes in Garlic Herb Sauce.

PS -that's a 7 inch salad plate, not a dinner plate so those are some little potatoes.

Nice to see you cooking a bit, Mike!

Thanks Chuck. Here's 20 lbs of smoked pork ribs for tomorrow night's festivities. It was cold and windy today, not a good combination for smoking meat - but they got a nice smoke ring and I'll finish them in the oven "low & slow" tomorrow afternoon.

BBQ is great anytime! taste-O-licious.

A lil bit o sand for texture works well too! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Smoked Duck.
Salami with Basil and fresh Motz topped with Chili threads
on a block of Peruvian Pink Salt.

Very nice, tikiskip.

That's a fine looking duck you got there Skip.

I made my annual Cherpumplecan and took it to work today; a cherry pie baked into a chocolate cake, a pumpkin pie baked into a yellow cake, an apple pie baked into a white cake and a pecan pie baked into a butter pecan cake. Covered with 4 tubs of cream creese frosting, it weighed 20 lbs and contained an estimated 30,000 calories.

Now that's Insane Mike, looks like a hell of a Lotta work too!
but I am real curious, how did it taste?

How did it taste? Well, truth be told it's one of those those things where's it's more about the novelty and not the taste. The pies are store bought and the cakes have to bake a long time so the texture isn't all that great. But everyone ate it and had a good laugh about it :D

W

WOW!

Makes my teeth hurt just looking at it! :)

Like Wilford Brimley says: "That just gave me the diabetes!"
Mike that is a baking "Frankenstein" of epic proportions.

All I cooked was a little Xmas eve dinner for a couple of friends before the big Xmas dinner with all the family.

Scalloped Potato's, Fresh Herb, Cranberry & Bacon Cornbread stuffing, A Honey Baked Ham, Glazed Green Beans
& Almonds, Homemade Honey Buttermilk Biscuits, Desert was homemade Tapioca Pudding & Pumpkin pie.

[ Edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2011-12-26 12:41 ]

Dan is standing here saying he would have liked to have eaten a piece! I wouldn't need the 30,000 calories. Mike you are sumthin else and thin too! Wendy

Nothing better then a Homemade Meatball Sub!

sorry Tom.

Yay for Meat!!!

TT

On 2012-01-03 22:31, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
Nothing better then a Homemade Meatball Sub!

sorry Tom.

I will just pretend its veggie or fish balls.
:wink:

P

My first post in here. I feel like a big boy.

Roast lamb with English mint sauce.

Very nice Potato, any special occasion? English mint sauce looks a lot like chimichurri

P

To be honest... the Season 2 premiere of Downton Abbey on PBS. My wife wanted an upscale meal so we can pretend to live the gilded life for a night. The problem is that she didn't remember she didn't like lamb so didn't even eat it. Oh well, more for me. The sauce was just water, sugar, vinegar and mint. I have no idea what makes it "English." Also, it wouldn't blend properly, so I'm not even sure what it was supposed to look/taste like. Tasted good, though.

http://revdrpotato.blogspot.com

[ Edited by: Potato. 2012-01-08 19:23 ]

Very nice, but I hope you prepared a little bit of "Spotted Dick" for desert.

TT

Potato., I like the look of the photo with that spread, it has a late 50's early 60's vibe.

Here's some fancy Bagels 'n' Lox we made in Palm Desert.
Correction: It was actually Dana Point. We had them in Palm Desert as well, but not as fancy. :wink:

tongatom.blogspot.com
tomdkline.blogspot.com

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2012-01-11 12:24 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3027 replies