Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What's "Cooking" in Tiki Central?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3,027 replies

It looks like you did it right Dusty, Those ribs need to be in my belly!

OGR

Great looking food at that LUAU Dusty! I also want those ribs-your recipe? Funny ATP, we just also did Chicken Pesto w/ Farfalle...your EYEtalian looks TASTY...OGR

On 2013-01-15 07:01, Or Got Rum? wrote:
I also want those ribs-your recipe?

The secret is in the NOH Chinese BBQ mix - Purple Pork Product!

Don't forget to wear gloves or you will end up with purple hands, trust me on this!

DC

That's funny Dusty - I just saw that stuff at Food4Less last week and bought a package - I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but it looked good :lol: Speaking of looking good, the Italian, the Luau party, and the bowtie pesto are all looking quite tasty!

DC, thanks for the heads-up on the gloves :D

Char Siu pork with fresh pineapple & bell pepper, stir fried rice, and a delightful beverage made from cola nut extract and high fructose corn syrup.
I used it as a dry rub and it worked well, good flavor and nice color. It could have used some jarred Char Siu sauce as a glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling to bump up the sweetness a little.

Clay, the oldest and most divine art media;
"And now, from the clay of the ground, the Lord God formed man" Genesis 2:7
Pirate Ship Tree House

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2013-01-20 16:30 ]

Asian food, challenge......wait for it....accepted!

I will start with Pork filled fried dumplings...made from scratch

Ground pork, ginger, garlic, green onions, soy & sesame oil filling
and a Spicy Ginger dipping sauce.

Char Siu Pork (I don't use the red dye stuff, because I don't want cancer)
marinated over night, then in the oven @ 350 Degrees for 35 min.

Benihana recipe Fried Rice......

and dinner is served....

ATP,
You're supposed to made a cone of ICE for your drink, not a cone of RICE for your plate! :lol:
But other than that it all looks damned good!

I'll show you my cone! :lol:

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Jan 22, 2013 2:24 PM

HOLY $%(^%$#%$& THAT LOOKS GOOD!!!!!!!

I wish Tiki Central was scratch n' sniff....

ATP,

I'd say you stepped up to the Polynesian "plate" and hit one out of the park! That was way to much food for two, you should have called.

DC

wait a second, you guys are being too nice?
hey you guys want something...I just know it!

Could it be..... Homemade "Ramen Soup" ?

Handmade Ramen noodles, with a chicken broth with just a touch of ginger & garlic
fresh veggies, topped with Char Siu pork & jalapeno & Look some more of those dumplings!

Is that what you want?

sure it cost alot more then those freeze dried noodle packs, but it taste a hundred times better...

With this cold & wet weather here it's time for some comfort food

Classic Meatloaf, Mashed Potato's & Fresh Herb Gravy.

Cheese Fondue,Bitches!

T

Fondue is Tiki!
You are getting ever closer to disco tiki.
Disco tiki is aready all the rage on Facebook.

No pics but I made sushi in Mex. It doesn't get any fresher than just pulled from the Sea of Cortez. Spicy Sea Bass with Cucumber, it was pretty tasty. Also made some California Rolls with imitation crab which I imported directly from California (I'm thinking the local hermit crabs wouldn't make good California Roll)

Did a little research about the risks involved and found that the parasite Anisakis does live in shore fish of the area, it cannot reproduce in humans but can cause some nasty gastro reactions. It lives in the intestines of the fish but migrates into the flesh after the fish dies where you can injest it. By gutting the fish immediately after catching you can minimize your risk. I also chopped it and seasoned it HEAVILY with red pepper flakes, thought that might help. As far as I know, no one got sick ~ that's a good thing :D

Valentine's Dinner

Pan Fried Artichokes with lots of butter, Green Salad, Long Grain & Wild Rice, Rondele Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Cream Sauce, Raspberry & Champagne Cocktails. Not pictured, Hot Fudge Cake with Ice Cream, Long Stemmed Strawberries infused with Passionfruit Liquer and dipped in Dark Chocolate.

Sorry about the tacky pink paper plates ~ but that meant more snuggling after dinner and less cleanup :D

Well the fuschia plates are making my eyes hurt, but the meal looks great!

Here is what we did, Jungle Ginger had to work late on Valentine's
so I asked her to tell me what she would like for dinner and she could choose anything
and I would make it for her, So she chose "French Onion Soup"

And that is what she got, French Onion Soup & a Baby Greens salad
and a Cranberry Creme Brulee for desert.

Wow guys you really are impressive. Dan got off easy because I even drove us to Old Sacramento. Three good men and three lucky women. Wendy

On 2013-02-17 04:10, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Says the man with the chartreuse kitchen :lol:

On 2013-02-17 15:35, MadDogMike wrote:

On 2013-02-17 04:10, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Says the man with the chartreuse kitchen :lol:

Well the kitchen is actually orange, it is the living room/lounge that is chartreuse :)

Another dinner with my well documented Char Siu Pork
but with some new sides, Bacon Fried Rice (My recipe based on "Hong Kong Pork Belly Fried Rice")
and a classic "Thai Cucumber Salad".

Just a simple dish tonight of
"Beef Stew on Buttered Egg Noodles"

Looking good as usual ATP.

A bit cold in Santa Barbara tonight, so we whipped up some comfort food.

Arroz Con Pollo, a one pot meal.

Includes chicken, hot Italian sausage, and turmeric as the enhancing agent.

DC

Nice Dusty, I have not had a good Arroz Con Pollo in a while
got me licking my chops!

OGR

ATP, MDM, DC, Way to keep pushing the culinary envelope..looks great! When it looks like this..

Then it's time for some...

Thai Green-Indian Maharajah Curry fusion w/ Chicken/Red Bliss Potatoes/Cauliflower/Red Peppers/Green Beans/Peas-served w/ Basmati Rice...whoa nice and spicy. Easily could have done w/o the Chicken. OGR

Just passed over 200,000 views on the "Whats Cooking" thread!

So lets celebrate Mardi Gras style
Put on your Mardi Gras beads & show us your boobs!

Dinner is Cajun Jambalaya (with Shrimp,Chicken & Andouille) & Creole Potato salad.

That looks like some good Jambalaya ATP (except for those sea roaches/shrimp :o )
A couple of weeks back we did Mardi Gras dinner for 30 people. Fried Okra, Red Beans & Rice, Chicken Gumbo, Collard Greens, 4 Sausage Jambalaya, King Cake, freshly fried Beignets, and Hurricane drinks. Didn't get any food pics but I like this picture :D

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) and a :drink:

March means rock fish in Santa Barbara.

Which means Ceviche

And fish tacos with all the trimmings!

DC

I've never had fish tacos with Hershey's syrup, before! Boy, you California people are weird!

After taking the hit from Big Kahuna on my west coast spiny Lobster, we decided to do up an old fashioned east coast lobster clam bake.

Manila Clams steamed in wine sauce with garlic and parsley.

Four 1.5 pound main lobsters.

With the trimmings.

DC

T

Soyaki Chicken and coconut quinoa

On 2013-03-24 18:28, Tele295 wrote:
Soyaki Chicken and coconut quinoa

Pictures? Tele295 and welcome to TC!

This area always makes me hungry...

Jon

It's Grill'n time!

Steak, veggies and bakers.

DC

DAYAM Dusty!!!! That looks JUICY! :Drool:

That is where the beef is!

Layer 1 ~ a whole tub of chocolate chip cookie dough

Layer 2 ~ a whole package of Doublestuff Oreos

Layer 3 ~ a whole batch of brownie batter

The only things that could make it better would be chocolate frosting, jalapenos and/or bacon :lol:

I'm already shaking from the sugar rush, Mike just looking at that!

OK, I have not posted in awhile so how about some....

Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken Strips, Ginger Rice, Macaroni Salad, Rosemary Corn
(all scratch made including the Huli Huli sauce)

MDM - What the What? Was that for the kids?

ATP - Nice looking chicken and such.

Went to New Orleans Jazz Fest that turned into Mud Fest.

Hooked up with some local friends and put on a Crawfish boil.
The ingredients.

Yes, that's cauliflower on top.

Tadaa.

DC
DC

Show off! :)

I know I posted this before, But damn it is the simple dishes that just rock

Dinner: Spaghetti Arrabiata with Meatballs & Fresh Garlic Herb Bread

Lunch: Salami & Cheese platter & fresh Tomato,Basil & Olive oil

C

Been experimenting with Hillbilly Southern Fried Chicken recently. I've been researching different styles of FC, while also trying to "bust" the 11 herbs and spices SECRET. It's a pretty easy secret to bust, and I've been trying different proportions of ingredients.

This is the first really over-the-top recipe, it's buttermilk soaked with my own special herb recipe, and HOLY JUMPING JEHOSHAPHAT it was THE YUM:

I had buttermilk left over, so I made buttermilk donuts:

Hey Cammo, got any leftovers?

Buzzy

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Jun 15, 2013 2:30 PM

Nope.

And the secret recipe is?
looks damn tasty.

H

Cammo, those look delicious, one of my favorite things to eat.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3027 replies