Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What's "Cooking" in Tiki Central?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3,027 replies

A

Tamales and #rd drijnk

3 kinds of salsa!

Easter dinner will be a bbq, pix for sure.

I love tamales!!!! So versatile, can be filled so many ways. I just recently discovered "cheese tamales" (yes, you can use PEPPER JACK) yummmmm!! The people of Central America wrap their tamales in banana leaves instead of corn husks.

You guys are making me hungry!!!keep it up! no really, keep it up, I am digging it.
Have a great Easter (I call it Jesus Zombie Day, he came back from the dead you know?)
so Jesus was the first Zombie!

Have a great one!

Lite dinner tonight: Flatbread Sammies on the Lanai. Mrs MadDog and I split a Mike's Hard Lemonade and I still got a little buzz, we're lightweights! :lol:

OGR

Have not taken many pics lately...this was for Easter....Marinated Beef Kabobs (for you MDM...no lamb) over Rice Pilaf. The beauty of this one is I use Beef Rump Roast, which can be had at a good price vs lamb which is almost always costly and rice pilaf vs Saffron rice, which my wife uses a gram ($14.00) of in her large batch. The Beef is also easier to trim and cube than lamb.....Recipe to follow...along w/ the Lamb Shashlik I had posted in mid March.

BEEF KABOBS
3 lbs Rump/3 green peppers/1lb mushrooms/3 onions/pint of cherry tomatoes...
cube all except the tomatoes of course. This is our basic ratio...do what you
like.
MARINADE
1 cup Cabernet wine/1 Tbs Worcestershire sce/3-4 cloves garlic/1 cup Med olive oil...not extra virgin/1tsp salt/1/2 cup ketchup/2 tsp sugar/2 Tbs red wine vinegar/1 tsp marjoram/1 tsp rosemary....mix in blender...marinate for 2-3 days.
Grill and enjoy over a simple pilaf w/ fresh scallions and a few slivered almonds if you wish.

LAMB SHASHLIK
3 lbs leg of Lamb/3 green peppers/1lb mushrooms/3 onions/pint of cherry tomatoes..
cube all except the tomatoes of course. This is our basic ratio...do what you
like.
MARINADE
1 med onion fine dice/1.25 cup med olive oil...not extra virgin/2/3 tsp paprika/1.25 tsp salt/juice of 1 large lemon/3-4 cloves garlic...mix in blender...save a 1/2 cup of marinade (prior to adding to meat) for basting and heat to pour over everything after it is all done....marinate for 2 days.
grill and enjoy over rice...mega Saffron is great w/ fresh scallions...Enjoy

Looking Good Rum! Hope you guys had a good Easter.

A

I sure do loves me some platter! Almost forgot to photo.

Salmon grilled w/soy sauce and grated fresh ginger, lamb sausages, portobellos, zucchini, red bell pepps.
Mai Tais, vino, beer, booze.
Berry pie for dessert.

Happy Rainy Season!

GR - thanks for the BEEF!!! :D

Amy, berry pie is the bestest! Raspberry, Blueberry, Strawberry, Boysenberry, Huckleberry, Razzleberry, Snozzleberry, any berry

OGR

Amy, Awesome spread....pie is berry (loved my mom's blueberry...from Maine) good also...thanks for the post.

A

Udon!

Chicken and fresh veggies: shitake mushrooms, bok choy, carrots

Looks good Amy! we need more japanese cooking.

They say that two heads are better than one. I say that two meals form one head is better still :D I bought a head of cabbage to make Fish Tacos for lunch, then used the rest of the head to make Sweet & Sour Cabbage Rolls for dinner.

Fresh Guacamole and PEPPER JACK CHEESE

Ground beef & Basmati rice

I was working on another project today so I did these "semi-homemade" style - frozen fish fillets and Sweet & Sour Sauce from a jar.

Sorry I have not cooking this week, have been stuck in bed all week,sick as a Mad? dog!, Mike.

TT

Those fish tacos are looking delicious!

Sorry we've been slacking on the food making and posting...soon, hopefully soon.

A

We're bad, we're bad. We know it

Oh YEAH!!! Cinnamon rolls for dinner :D

We had leftover Carino's. I had a Sausage Skilletini last night, ate it for dinner tonight and still have enough for lunch tomorrow. Why do they serve so much food??!! No wonder I'm getting fat!

OK after a week in bed, I have risen from the dead, so I am starting off easy
I got a pack of fancy bacon, what to make?

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-04-10 23:20 ]

BACON APPPLE PIE!!!

Movie:'Fantastic Mr. Fox'

Dinner: Grilled Black Forest Ham & Swiss cheese melts
BLT's with chips & fresh salsa
New York Cheese cake

I think I got fingerprints on the lens of my camera, sorry for the fuzzy photos.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-04-10 23:42 ]

Another quick meal tonight...
Chipotle & Bacon Burger with cheddar cheese on a sourdough muffin

Burger on an English muffin, hmmm I never tried that - sounds good (and chipotle too) Glad to see you're back in the kitchen ATP

English Muffins make great burger buns, ATPs tip# 1
Brush a little butter on, toss on the BBQ with the burgers.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-04-11 20:51 ]

Its time for my....."Unusually Large Potstickers" & Hong Kong Fried Rice....

Made from scratch, Ground pork,Ginger,Garlic,Soy Sauce,Sesame Oil,Salt & Pepper...

Steamed & lightly fried in oil...

Fire up the Wok & make some fried rice....

Make a dipping sauce of Soy,Sesame Oil,Garlic,Ginger,Rice vinegar,Chili oil...
Plate up & serve...

A

Fantastic! They cook all the way thru ? how long does that take?

Looks great, nice presentation with the green onions

On 2010-04-13 08:09, amybean wrote:
Fantastic! They cook all the way thru ? how long does that take?

I steam them for 15 minutes,then they go into a fry pan with hot oil to brown
by the time you serve them,the Potstickers are cooked threw.

Spring only last for the month of April here before it gets too hot, we have to enjoy dinner on the Lanai while we can. BBQ Chicken & Sausage sandwiches and grilled asparagas. Dessert later tonight will be grilled honey glazed mangos over ice cream. The meat was grilled "naked" then cut up and put in a skillet with the sauce. This lets the sauce get all thick and reduced without burning the sugar like it would on the grill - SWEET & SPICY!!!!

YUMMY! and nice table to, MDM!

The table is a work in progress, the sandwich is progressing it's way through my digestive tract :lol:

On 2010-04-13 19:43, MadDogMike wrote:
The table is a work in progress, the sandwich is progressing it's way through my digestive tract :lol:

Not so Yummy! MDM!

TT

Sherriyaki made tofu & veggie stir fry with coconut fried rice tonight.
We watched the Bigest Loser on tape from last night.

Nice appetizer.
what was for dinner?
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

I got all excited because jeff(btd) "made" something for dinner... turns out all he "made" was fun of Tom's dinner :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick dinner on the Lanai tonight;

Grilled Chile/Lime Chicken, Fire Roasted Corn, Grape Tomatoes, Avocado, on a bed of greens and garnished with Fried Tortilla Slivers

Very nice presentation MDM!

TT

I likes me some Fried Tortilla Slivers. I agree, nice presentation!

Chicken Fried BACON Sandwich:

Extra Thick Cut Bacon, twice dredged in egg and flour seasoned with Peppered Bacon Salt, and pan fried. Served on Grilled Tuscan Boule with Baconnaise. I went with the "bacon purist" approach but it would have been good with cheese, sauted onions, tomatoes, and/or lettuce, etc :D

You'll notice there's only one sandwich - my wife wouldn't have anything to do with that heart-attack-on-a-plate! I have a bellyache now :lol:

H

Looks like something Elvis would eat.

Breaded Bacon, a new one for me,MDM! but I love me some Bacon!

Oh and Dinner tonight, Drinks & PuPu's at Don the Beachcombers, sorry no pictures.

Does anyone have any Grey Poupon?

wow that Bacon sandwich looks so good.
would be the perfect thing for breakfast today.

Jeff(btd)

TT

This was our dinner from last night.
Sherriyaki put together some fancy pants canned tuna and white beans with oil (from the tuna) 'n' vinegar, roasted fresh beets, canned beets, Japanese cucumber, hard boiled egg, celery, and alfalfa sprouts on a pile of lettuce.

Yay for Meat!!

Tom, that's a great looking salad. I like my tuna packed in REAL veg oil, not that pansy "spring water"*. I really like the idea of using that tuna-infused oil on the beans

jeff, don't discourage others from eating tofu - it leaves more MEAT for us! :D

Tonight is a quick Tex/Mex Redneck Classic- tortilla casserole; torn corn tortillas, seasoned ground beef, refried beans, salsa, and PEPPERJACK CHEESE. It ain't fancy but it shur is gud.

*Usually, the closest that water ever came to a "spring" was the coils in the truck's suspension

A quick pasta dish for tonight..

Spaghetti with Garlic Alfredo sauce and fresh Basil

Tonight we had pan fried Mahi Mahi prepared with butter lemon capers along side steamed cauliflower and quinoa with fresh dill and lemon.

Nice...Tonga!

My beautiful wife has a medical test tomorrow that requires a low carbohydrate diet today - so it's Tomato Basil Frittata with Asparagus.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3027 replies