Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What's "Cooking" in Tiki Central?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3,027 replies

Looks tasty MDM, I gota say one of the perfect combo's out there is Tomato & Basil!

TT

That looks great MadDogMike!

On 2010-04-24 14:34, Tonga Tom wrote:
That looks great MadDogMike!

I'll trade you for the lemon capers and the quinoa :D

Calling on all outside the U.S. tribe to post some international meals, we would love to see some culinary delights
from other countrys, any one up to the challenge?

Where's Amy?

Beer Can chicken

This isn't last nights, this pic is from a few months ago, only difference last night was I had two 5 pound chickens on the grill faced off against each other sumo style. Best way to make chicken.

Cool Picture HellBilly!

Sumo chickens on the grill! That's great!!! :lol: Grilled potatoes too.

EDIT - Hellbilly, you'll have to get "The Crud" to post some of his world famous ribs

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2010-04-25 21:17 ]

A

I'm baaaaaaack! From a 10 day road trip thru the SW: AZ, NM, CA.

AAAAAMMMMYYYYY! I had forgotted you said you were going to be on the road.

I LUV BERRIES! Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, boysenberries, huckleberries, fresh berries, canned berries, berry compote, berry pie, berry pancakes, berry cheesecake, chocolate covered berries, berry jam, ... I feel like Bubba from Forrest Gump :D

Hope you had a good trip Amy! can somebody get those berry's away from MDM, I think he has lost it!

A

Thanks!!!

and No way! I love berries too!!!!!!!!!!!

Gooseberries, ligonberries, loganberries, cloudberries, cranberries, elderberries, mulberries, berry ice cream, berry shebert, berry syrup, berry tarts, berry juice, berry smoothies, berry shakes, berry wine, berry muffins, berry yogurt,...

Ah, berrrry interesting,... but stupid!

"The rum's the thing..."

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2010-04-26 14:49 ]

I wonder what sort of drink all those berries would make with say, 3/4 oz of fresh lime, honey mix, falernum and 2 oz of El Dorado 15yo.

A

OMG Limbo Lizard a Laugh-In reference- I totally got it even before I saw the pic.

and on the topic of oldies but goodies- I swear I post a fresh photo each time I cook 'em up.
I hereby give you today's batch of Meatballs in Tomato Sauce:

Finally getting around to watching the X-Files.

Glad your posting again Amy, I think MDM has lost his mind or something
your the only one would can bring him back to us!
I was a hugh X-Files fan, loved that show,man!
Kudos to you....

A

Yay! I went on a 10 day road trip and would have sent pix of what we cooked, but it was too hard to do with my phone!

MDM is secretly a little Fruit Monster- who knew? I'm not worried. ATP- missed you in the shrunken head swap!

On 2010-04-27 15:05, amybean wrote:
Yay! I went on a 10 day road trip and would have sent pix of what we cooked, but it was too hard to do with my phone!

MDM is secretly a little Fruit Monster- who knew? I'm not worried. ATP- missed you in the shrunken head swap!

Yea,the Hawaiian Shirt swap was so gruelling, I had to opt out of the Head swap.

Dinner and a drink.

Ham and pineapple stir fry and a missionary's downfall.

http://www.greyhoundog.org

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2010-04-27 18:44 ]

A

and a totally awesome plate!

MadDog Mike has gone mad! Who would've guessed? :D

Dinner tonight was Risoto, Steamed Veggies, and Chicken Parmigiana with a twist - I cut a slit in the chicken breast and slid a piece of Slim Jim Pepperoni Stick into it :o It infused the chicken with a nice spicy flavor

For dessert I found some canned Rambutan at the 99 cent store, taste a lot like lychee - I think it's a berry :lol:

Looking Good Mr. NoNaMe! nice portion control, if I was making that ,it would not fit on the plate.
I am just so used to cooking for lots of people, it is hard to do small portions.

OK, I fell behind. I helped Sherriyaki with this zucchini "spaghetti", sauteed onions, tofu pesto with fresh parsley, and Parmesan cheese from Monday night. With the amount of oil, we made "healthy" unhealthy.

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-04-28 10:27 ]

Last night Sherriyaki made this ratatouille on a bed of spaghetti squash. I know, two "spaghetti" dishes in a row.

Another Quick meal tonight...

BBQ Italian Sausages with Peppers,Onions & Mushrooms

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-04-29 22:24 ]

Quick meal or not - that looks delicious!

A

No kidding! Food Pr0n Daily has got nuthin on this thread.
ps- 38 pgs !!

[ Edited by: amybean 2010-04-30 08:12 ]

Dinner tonight wasn't a loss, boy that stew was really boss.
Who we got to thank but good ol' Dr Ross?

Dr Ross dog food is doggone good!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

We went on a church desert outing several years ago with a group of high school kids. I had bought a can of corned beef hash and replaced the label with a dog food label. As the carne asada was grilling, I asked the group if anyone was hungry, opened my can of "dog food", and dug in. Most of the kids were disgusted but I actually got one taker. I guess he figured if it was OK for me to eat he'd try it too. He said "This tastes like something my mom makes" :D

OK, no Dr Ross Stew tonight - instead it's sopes and sangria punch

I love Mexican food, but have you noticed that it is all the same ingredients in a different presentation. For those of you who don't live near the border, a sope is a thick corn tortilla cooked on a griddle and/or deep fried, topped with refried beans, shredded beef, PEPPERJACK CHEESE, maybe lettuce, tomatoes, etc. Take those same ingredients, flatten the tortilla and deep fry it hard - it's a tostada. If you fold it in half it's a taco, roll it and it's a taquito. Roll it up, cover it in red sauce and bake it instead of frying and it's an enchilada. Put it on a flour tortilla instead of corn and it's a burrito. Taco Bell can fill a 5x5 foot drive-thru menu using just 6 ingredients :lol:

Just one more posting for tonight - dessert!

Quick and simple in a jumbo muffin pan - brown sugar, maraschino cherry, pineapple slice, a round slice of poundcake, and cheescake - baked for 20 minutes.

You go Mike!

Hi,
Submitted for your approval a man known only as "AtomiTikiPunk" and his quest for the perfect HotDog,one that would not allow the man any peace for his one Obsession.

BoarsHead all beef gourmet hotdogs
Texas Red all meat chili
Potato Buns
Cheeder Cheese
Topped with Onions, Pickles, Celery salt & fresh salsa

A

Potato bunz0rz!! Cheddar? Really? No PEPPERJACK???

On 2010-05-03 22:38, amybean wrote:
Potato bunz0rz!! Cheddar? Really? No PEPPERJACK???

Pepper Jack would just be to much flavor! people die from to much FLAVOR! oh god! the humanity of it all!

CJ

am I aloud to post what I had for dinner? Philly Mac n Cheese Steak

Welcome Coco Joe,
Now that is fastfood, did you make it yourself or pick it up at a secret LA joint.

CJ

dammit! I just realized I broke the rules. Sorry gang

[ Edited by: Coco Joe 2010-05-04 00:38 ]

CJ

CJ

We will give you a free pass this time, but you have to tell us where you picked up your sandwich,I have been seen at Pinks myself, when in town.

A

I always forget to take pictures at the scenic moment, so here's what I did grab:

We had an oyster bbq for 10 people on Sunday at our house. Went thru 10 dozen oysters with choice of special Uncle Ninja Hot Sauce or garlic butter, clams steamed in Absinthe and shallots, goat cheese w/figs, sausages on bunZ, grilled shrimp w/ heads on, green salad with tomatoes and croutons, sauteed mustard greens w/garlic, lots of baguettes, and of course, plenty of Mai Tais.

For end of eve entertainment, we piled on the couch to watch that viral marines Gaga tribute - best costumes ever appear around 1:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haHXgFU7qNI&feature=player_embedded
You know you can't not dance. Amen.

TT

Amybean, that looks awesome!

A

ATP- when you and MDM come up north, we'll cook like that for you and all your Mrs.

So much good stuff in here :)

ATP, that looks to me like you've perfected the hotdog!

CocoJoe, that was a fine looking dinner. I was so busy marveling at the mac & cheese on a sandwich that I didn't pick up on the paper tray :lol:

Amy, you just put the oysters on the grill? Last time I tried that they all fell through - guess I shouldn't have used shucked oysters! :D I wached the Afganistan Phone remake and thought it was pretty freaky until I saw the original verson!

Amy you rock the seafood BBQ!
CocoJoe you got to let us know where that Mac-N-Cheese sandwich is from? I am curious & a fan of Dinners,Drive Ins & Dives.

CJ

On 2010-05-04 11:33, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

CocoJoe you got to let us know where that Mac-N-Cheese sandwich is from? I am curious & a fan of Dinners,Drive Ins & Dives.

It was from the Great Steak in downtown LA but they have other locations all over
http://www.thegreatsteak.com/promotions/index.html
here's a couple more pics of the lovely mess
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/notes/fat-fux/i-tried-something-deliciously-different-today/437609353081

and here's is a benedictine sandwich I made for watching the Kentucky Derby> If you think it looks bland then you should have tasted how bland it actually was

[ Edited by: Coco Joe 2010-05-04 12:16 ]

Thanks CocoJoe!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3027 replies