Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Our wedding at the Tiki Oasis!

Pages: 1 10 replies

In a little over 2 weeks and a day I will be a married man. My fiancee Gretchen and I had originally planned a big family wedding in her hometown of Philly, but the unmanageable push and pull of a huge family quickly had us thinking "elope!". We thought about where we might want to do it, and then it struck us! With Otto's blessing, we chose to have it poolside at the Caliente Tropics during the Tiki Oasis.

It's not going to be a big formal ceremony, but we'd appreciate if a few of you nice folks attending could pop on by for our poolside nuptials. We're not sure of the exact time, but the Maikai Gents have graciously offered to play a song for us, so we're thinking maybe the start of one of their sets at 5:30 or 6:30. Hopefully we will be able to stay sober til then!

We are very excited about this, especially since my friend Kirsten, who is responsible for bringing Gretch ahd I together, will be performing the short ceremony. We hope to see everybody there and are looking forward to a great weekend at the Tropics.

Aloha!

T

Congrats TB. I can certainly understand the "family". My wife and I did the same thing. Well you certainly will have a happening reception.

You should have a little segment of your ceremony where your wahine switches her decorative tiki-style hair flower from just above the 'free' ear (right side) to just above the 'taken ear' (left side). :wink:

"Those who think conventionally will never read my thoughts..." - The Black Lizard

http://www.integraonline.com/~missyvonne/index.html

[ Edited by: Frenchy Polynesia on 2003-04-25 14:28 ]

This will be a highlight of the oasis! I look forward to attending the joyous event.

May the Oasis attendees shower the newlyweds with leis!

:tiki:

Congrats TB & G. I don't think it'll be that hard for people NOT to be at the ceremony due to the fact that the Caliente is one big QUAD. Looking forward to this piece of history. How cool for you's. Stag party Friday night???

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen on 2003-04-25 19:09 ]

Congratulations on this most exciting development. This will be a highlight of the weekend! Does the family in Philly know about this? I suppose you couldn't classify the action as an elopement if they did. :)

You won't need additional set dressing as the best in the biz will have already set upon the place.

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-04-26 00:55 ]

Richard and Gretchen,
Much congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Shelley and I wish you all the happiness in the world. We hope this time, we will see you in room 135.
Mahalo,
Al

MB

Alooooha Alnshely...Welcome back to the mainland. We've missed you.
I love weddings. Even as an onlooker they make me teary. Keep your Aloha Spirit close, love is a beautiful gift. May 19th marks 13 years for the Bamboo tribe.
Looking forward to your special moment.
Mrs. Bamboo

Unreal! I have the 4:30 to 5:30 time slot just before the Maikai Gents. I'll be sure to give you a nice intro and songs. Be sure to come over and introduce your swanky selves.

Ah amore!

I'm gonna bring you (bride&groom) a little su-mm su-mm. Congrats.

T

Thanks all! We're very excited and can't wait to get there (and by butterflies grow bigger every day).
Thanks for the flower suggestion, Frenchy, I'd forgotten about that. And Captain, we can't wait to hear what you have in store for us.
We look forward to seeing all of you there.
Mahalo!

Pages: 1 10 replies