Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 548 replies

P

i have a few others on my other computer i'll put up when i can get to it.

M

I too consider myself lucky to have known Kate. No one that kind should know the kind of pain she went through. The world just lost someone special. Aloha all, and remember her well.

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Sep 22, 2010 5:47 PM

Rest in peace Kate -

• I was in Kate's presence more than a few times over the last three years and each time our paths crossed she was just fantastic company, you know? I'll always remember her with love and grace, as Kate is in my heart forever. Most of all I will miss our tiki-shirt swap afternoons shared together.

Kate, I know you're reading this - save a nice large bark-cloth in greens and blues for me 'til I see you again upstairs, will ya? I want to be decked out in a shirt you picked for me as I pass thru those pearly gates myself.

[ Edited by: TikiG 2010-10-20 20:52 ]

Kate, I've read so much about you here on tiki central, you really must have been such a special wonderful person ~ I wish I would have met you...

E ho'omaha me ka maluhia
Aloha 'oe

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2010-09-22 17:52 ]

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Sep 22, 2010 6:01 PM

very sad news.
My Condolences to her family
Rest in peace Kate..

D

Dear Kate ~ thank you for being a friend.

my Sincerest condolences to Kate's family. Kate was a great friend, when I was new to the events, she took me around and introduced me to everyone, I pray she is n a better place without pain....

Amy

I am absolutely speechless .You will me missed by so many here.
I have some short vids and pics I will try and hunt up from Tiki Oasis
several years ago with Sabu , Formica and several others in the shot with Kate .
Bless you Tiki Kate .

G

On reading the news, I shed a few tears today. For the first time in a long while. A big hug to you all who were Kate's close friends. Thank God she had you.

Rob

Kate,

you always were and always will be one of the good'ns!

(*tearing-up a little bit right now)

Bless You,

Lee & Gloria Scott

[ Edited by: Tiki Lee's 2010-09-22 18:33 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Lee's 2010-09-27 21:42 ]

R

I'm shocked right now...
Kate I am thankful I got to meet you
and hang out with you at the chop when I could...
you will be missed immensely!!!
you'll always be in our hearts.
My heartfelt condolences to Kate's family...

Z

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-09-22 18:30 ]

Arrrrr,.!

H

Kate - you were a sweet heart and we will all miss you and your beautiful smile.
My heartfelt condolences to Kate's family and her loved one's. Rest in peace

Amongst some of my favorite things about Kate is she was an excellent travel companion and a fearless Urban Archaeologist, she was up for anything and in neighborhoods where I would usually have an "I don't think so." look on my face combined with a NO WAY! head shake and we'd still end up going in. :lol:

I thought her extremely dry sense of humor was hilarious and even though she could be annoyingly stubborn I found that hilarious too. I'm sure that same stubbornness kept her here a little longer.

Foot in the water at the Mai-Kai. :)

Our thoughts & prayers go out to Kate's Family.

R.I.P. Tiki Kate. Off to where the Mai-Tai's are perfect!

P

kate was very special to me in many ways. i just keep getting more sad this day. she lived her life looking for ways to make the tiki community better.

she had so much joy in discovering new things and was a great thrifting/shopping companion. she truly enjoyed the simple, easy things in life.

i learned a lot from kate, some of in powerful life lessons beyond tiki.

How awful to hear. Dawn messaged me today, as we were just talking about her last night. I never had the chance to meet her face to face (I'm sure we passed each other at some tiki event or another). But I quickly realized with all the incredible outpouring of love and concern when she got sick, that she must have been a really really great person. It's sad to see a welcomed and happy member of our group pass on; these sorts of things are never be easy for anyone. But through these sad and mournful times, we can at least continue to be grateful for the loved ones we still DO have with us, while we honor and cherish her memory.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for sure, Kate. I'll be having a few drinks in your memory this weekend.

I just got home from work & logged on to TC for some escapism. Instead, I was greeted with this horrible news. Although I never met Kate, I enjoyed her posts & her enthusiasm on TC. She obviously was loved by many & I hope the knowledge that so many cared for her will help her loved ones through this difficult time.
My condolences to her friends & family. Godspeed, Kate
Mahalo,
Rick

P

My very sincere condolences to Kate's family, she will be truly missed by the TC community. May you rest in peace, Kate.

[ Edited by: puamana 2010-09-22 19:25 ]

I stole these from Facebook. Apologies to the photographers.

photo by Bullet Roberts

photo by Matt Reese

Very sad news, Kate will be missed :(

H

Typing between tears... it was an honor and a pleasure to have known Kate. I'll always remember her strong will, warm smile and sense of humor.
A passion for life and a passion for tiki. A very sad day, but a relief that she will no longer suffer.

I'll miss you Kate.

Aloha Nui Loa

JB

B

Unparalleled tenacity. That's how she was able to hold on for so long.

Miss ya, Kate.

Your pal,

Dave

we will miss you............

K
kirby posted on Wed, Sep 22, 2010 7:55 PM

Kate was an awsome person. I will miss her very much.

JB

H

Farewell. To her family who loved her, she was and is a blessing.

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Sep 22, 2010 8:17 PM

:(

Kate, rest in peace and happiness.
Andy & Debbie

I never met Tiki Kate, but I'll still miss her.

I knew Kate mainly from the chops. Up until recently, she had the claim to having attended every chop held, and there was one a month for about two years! She always had a tiki to carve on, even if it was the same one from the month before, (and the month before THAT!). Tonight I went back through many of the chop threads to pull some pics of Kate, here's a few:

Here's Kate in July 2007, carving the sign that we used for The Carving Hut at Oasis 7

At Babalu's Trailer Trash Chop in November 2007, with CheekyGirl and Hiltiki

Kate volunteered to cook us pancakes at the final Oceanside chop in November 2008

Then got right out and carved on her tiki

One final pic, Kate with Clysdalle and me, at the Send in the Clowns show in San Clemente, October 2008

Kate, you're not really gone, cuz you're still in my heart. I'll never forget you.

Kate, thanks for sharing your Love and Passion for Tiki. You will be missed.

We cried and have lit a candle :(

sucky!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 22, 2010 8:34 PM

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Sep 22, 2010 8:35 PM

I wish I had been one of those who knew Kate better. I had only had occasional contact with her via TC and OM over the years but nevertheless I am very sad to hear this news. Lately I've been reminded what a strong community TC is and this passing is a huge loss to that community.
Farewell Kate
Haere, haere, haere
:(

Rest in peace, TIki-Kate.

I never met her, but one only needs to read this thread to appreciate all of the lives she touched.

kevin

Sad news. Condolences to all her family and friends.

Met Kate a few times, was lucky enough to have her over to talk tiki, of course she brought the best rum ever! I feel so sad, Kate you will be greatly missed.

Cancer is whack!

rest in peace kate. our thoughts are with you and your family.

That's just not right, That's not how it's supposed to go! :(
Where was Tiki's protection for such a fervent soldier of the faith!?
--Sigh, deep sigh--

I never was fortunate enough to have met Kate in person. We traded some e-mails and PMs about mugs and such. She sent me some encouraging words not too long ago and at a time when she was clearly suffering. I feel very sad. It all seems so unfair. Rest in peace.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 548 replies