Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 548 replies

Sending positive aloha your way! Here's to speedy recovery!:)

[ Edited by: Krisdrama 2010-01-16 18:58 ]

Will someone update us on how Kate is doing?

Kate, we're sending blessings your way. Stay strong.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. My head is exceedingly fuzzy a lot of the time.

Thank you all for your good thoughts and well wishes.

I'm probably going to be in the hospital for at least another week. I'd like to say a big thank you to Ookoo for getting me here in the first place.

I wish I could give you more of an update on my condition, but so many things are still up in the air right now that I'm not entirely sure myself.

Again, thank you all for the good thoughts. Please keep them coming.

Love,
Kate

Nice to hear from you Kate, Really hope things turn out for the best, Feel better soon!

Kate. All of our best wishes and thoughts go out to you from my wife and I. Get well soon.

My best wishes and big hugs for you Kate. :)

P
Paipo posted on Sun, Jan 17, 2010 1:31 PM

I haven't posted here for a looong time, but could not pass this thread by when I saw it at the top. Sending you all the positive vibes and aroha from Aotearoa that I can muster Kate - TC is a far better place for all your contributions over the years. My inspiration folders are packed full of pics from your many field trips.
Whatever the prognosis, there is always hope......stay positive.

Good to hear from you, Kate. I hope you're back on your feet soon. You're a big contributor here & I enjoy your posts. Just think how much stuff is accumulating in your favorite hunting grounds. You're gonna have to rent a truck your first time out!

Edited for spelling.

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2010-01-17 17:22 ]

Hey Kate, Get well real soon and then come stay with me on Kauai. Love you girl!

[ Edited by: lennieguys 2010-01-17 20:12 ]

HT

Kate, Let me know if you need anything. Rum, 12 pack of beer, or just a simple "Get well soon."
H2O Tiki AKA Brian

G

Kate,

So sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. I rarely venture into this area. Your posts have always been a bright spot on Tiki Central. Just the other day, I happened to search for some pictures you had posted a year or so ago and I wondered why I hadn't seen any new posts from you in a while. Tiki Central may be a rather small thing in the big scheme of life, but hopefully it lets you know that you have a lot of close friends and distant "virtual" friends feeling a lot of compassion for you now and sending well wishes your way. There's a boat load of healing power in that!

Get well soon Tiki Sister!

Rob

Sorry for not seeing this sooner! Best Wishes For A Speedy Recovery, Tiki-Kate!!!

A

Kate,
May you be blessed with the same good fortune that the TC community has had in having you as such a significant contributor. Your karma account should have a big surplus, plenty enough for you to make a small withdrawal when you need it! Best wishes,

-Randy

Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts Kate!

Hoping to enjoy your bright smile, snazzy tiki threads, and sharp sense of humor out and about again VERY SOON! :D

Viva Atomica and Viva Tiki Kate!

~Suzy

TM

I rarely look in the TC Ohana section, so I missed this before. Tiki Kate, please get well soon! I will say prayers for you!

T

Hang in there girl . We are praying for you .

Kate...All our Aloha and thoughts of good health to you.

Me ke aloha pumehana.

Pua, Wes, & the House of Tiki 'ohana

Best wishes for a very speedy recovery.My prayers are with you!

Sending positive thoughts your way Kate. You're the best!

A8

Kate,
I'm sending positive energy to you!

sending my best, kate! here's to you!

Belated but no less heartfelt wishes for a smooth and swift recovery, dear lady.

Prayers and good wishes to you for a speedy recovery!

Our prayers are with you Kate!!

Kick the shit outa that c-monster!

H

The good thoughts and well wishes continue... healhealheal! healhealheal! healhealheal!

I'm continually hoping for more and more strength for you.

OGR

The reason we named our only child "KATE".....STRENGTH! After 16 years she is a POWERHOUSE! You Have It Also...Fight The Fight...Love and only the best to YOU...OGR

T

My positive thoughts for you are bottled, corked, and set adrift for you to discover at your next beachcombing adventure.

Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery!

Sunshine from Hawaii for you!

B

:lol: Hope your feeling better sis.

:music:Get well Tiki Kate or else I'll kick your a$$ :music:

xoxo
D

D

fight like a girl, Kate!!
hope you're feeling better.
cross Luau Polynesian off the "when you visit seattle' list, it's gone. oh well, more time to hang out with you in the Rongorongo Room.

love you.

R

Does somebody need a rugbymayy/ Hinano Paul samich? We take requests. Get well soon kiddo.

Take it from me, cancer's a bitch.
Hope you kick it's ass!

LT

Any status on her condition?

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Feb 4, 2010 6:58 PM

Haven't been on TC for a while and didn't know this was happening.

All the love I got goes out to you Kate, please get better and please post some news whenever you can. Anything any of us can do, just ask gal; Kate's been the heart and mind of TC for a really long time and you have no idea how much you're appreciated everywhere you go.

Nancy, Bess, George and Ned say hi too!

TL

Are you better yet?

Well, hurry up, dammitt! :wink:

On 2010-02-04 20:47, Tiki Lee's wrote:
Are you better yet?

Well, hurry up, dammitt! :wink:

Yeah! What he said!

T

I'm still in the hospital, but it's starting to look like they've done all they can for me here. Hopefully, I'll be released in the next day or so, and I'll get to go stay with one of my sisters.

For those of you who don't know, I spent all of last year dealing with breast cancer. While we were spending all of our time making sure that it wouldn't happen again, the cancer was busy spreading to my liver. I'm on two different kinds of chemo at the moment, but they haven't been quite as effective as we'd hoped.

I wanted to thank everyone again for all of the kind thoughts and prayers. They are all greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to thank Ookoo, DawnTiki, dogbytes and everyone else who has come to visit me in the hospital. Thank you to the Bongofurys for the photos of The Case. They both cheered me up and made me burst into tears. And thank you Squid and Babalu for the mug. It's absolutely amazing.

I feel so lucky and so blessed to have found so many dear friends in this community.

Lots of love,
Kate

H

Kate, we all love you. We are sending you all of our positive thoughts. Get well soon.

Hey Kate, you will have to get better, because who will then keep me from getting all the cool Hawaiian Shirts.

Kate, You're in my thoughts!! Hang in there girl and get well soon, there are still plenty of mugs left for you to buy.

BK

Sending you my prayers & thoughts, Kate. You're definitely missed around here.

Kate, we haven't met. Just traded a couple of PMs about Oooga-Mooga. I have loved your posts and I think you are one of the coolest people on TC. Someday I plan to make it out to California and meet some TCers in person and I'd love to have a cocktail with you. Get well soon!

T

Kate, you're in my thoughts. Hang in there.We're all praying for you.

G

I just heard the bad news. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Get well soon.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 548 replies