Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

Hi Robert, I wish we were in Florida. Your painting looks super. I got the paperwork for Oasis. I hope you did too. I hope you have a great time at your event, Wendy

On 2012-06-29 19:18, danlovestikis wrote:
Hi Robert, I wish we were in Florida. Your painting looks super. I got the paperwork for Oasis. I hope you did too. I hope you have a great time at your event, Wendy

Yes I did Wendy! Will be sending the painting out next week! And thanks!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-06-30 18:15 ]

Robert, that 3D scuplture/paining is a great idea! (way to rub it in the faces of those of us who can only do one or the other :lol: )

The reverb painting is coming along great too.

W

Robert, your Moai pendants are great. I got mine a couple of days ago and have been wearing one quite a bit. I like the size overall, they're big enough that like minded folks recognize the Moai right away. And those that don't still know it's a "tiki" so I've had lots of positive comments. Surprisingly it has been women that have noticed and commented the most. I like the natural stone colors best. The yellow one is a bit funky for my taste.

They are heavier than what I'm used to as my everyday pendant (Tikiyaki Orchestra) is wood and roughly half the size of yours. I'm wondering if you can make them hollow to lighten them up. I would wear yours everyday if it was a bit lighter.

The postman was pretty rough with mine and chipped the yellow one pretty good on the forehead and nose. I think they'll be pretty durable for special occasions. I'll match his paint and get mine touched up sometime.

Overall I'm pleased I bought some from you and I encourage anyone who reads this to consider one too.

I'm always thrilled to get more of your stuff in my home.

Thanks Mike! And Chris for the review! I'm going to be experimenting with some resin casts this week. If I can get them to look a bit like the ones you ghave I'll be happy...and they will weigh much less!

Tightening up the Jazzmaster in TIKI IN REVERB!

Sweet guitar, I can see how it makes your tiki hapi. Do you play Robert?

Way cool

Thanks guys! Mike, I have just enough skill to play about 12 surf songs unrecognizably! :D

Those of you in the South Florida area are not going to want to miss SIMIAN SPECTACLE at Harold Golen Gallery Saturday the 14th. TC'er Doug Horne, Sam Gambino, Anthony Carpenter, Eddy Crosby, Nik Satterfield and myself will have work showing, among others.

Finish line is in sight! More soon!

I don't remember seeing the Steampunk Ape - must have just been a FaceBook thing?

On 2012-07-08 20:45, MadDogMike wrote:
I don't remember seeing the Steampunk Ape - must have just been a FaceBook thing?

Well...kind of I guess, more so that it isn't a Tiki thing....probably the polar opposite! :D

You can check it out here http://zerostreet.com/

R.

Here's a bad studio pic. Proper scan later.

TIKI IN REVERB
14x11
Acrylic on Wood Panel
See it at Elroy Artspace's Hapi Tiki Show in Portland.

Started a new painting tonight. This one is from an idea my 6 year old daughter had.

BT

Your daughter has some good ideas ;D

It's looking really cool so far.

I think it's awesome that you daughter participates in your art. Cherish these times my friend - they will soon be gone. Then you get GRANDCHILDREN!!! :D

Your ElroyArtspace painting is wonderful, so many special places to look at. That's also a terrific ape show you are doing. We both are having lots of fun.

Wendy

The new piece is looking interesting Robert! And I can report that your resin pendant is wearing very well so far. Perfect weight too!

Thanks everyone for the comments! My daughters idea was bascially a lone Tiki on a moonlit hill with pale yellow flowers at it's feet. We'll see how it evolves! Here's more!

Been slowly working on this over the last few weeks.

TANGAROA AND THE SEA
5.25 x 9.75
Acrylic and Dry Stone Cast on wood.

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-07-21 18:27 ]

Love the 3D Robert!

On 2012-07-21 18:55, MadDogMike wrote:
Love the 3D Robert!

Thanks Mike!

That turned out great.

TANGAROA AND THE SEA - freekin awesome............

S

Tangaroa and the Sea is great.

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the comments! I hope to do a few more of these soon!

The Tangaroa wall hanging has sold.

I'll be making more of these, limited to 25, $90 shipped with insurance within the U.S.

very cool looking Zero! Is he on a pivot so he rocks back and forth on the ocean? :wink: Can you give a little more information on "dry stone cast on wood" cause I have no idea what that is, and you know me I like to learn the nuts and bolts of how pieces are made.

On 2012-07-24 01:36, tigertail777 wrote:
very cool looking Zero! Is he on a pivot so he rocks back and forth on the ocean? :wink: Can you give a little more information on "dry stone cast on wood" cause I have no idea what that is, and you know me I like to learn the nuts and bolts of how pieces are made.

Hey Tigertail! First I sculpted the Tangaroa, out of Super Sculpey. I then made a urethane mold of the sculpt and made a Dry Stone cast from that. Dry Stone is a gypsum, feels kind of like plaster I guess. I then painted the cast and the piece of wood he's mounted on.

Slow going on this one so far. More soon!

Last night's progress! Lot's to go!

I was just reminded that I was meaning to plug Tiki Brian's Exotic Tiki Island podcast. He's posted on TC before but I just started listening. Very cool podcast played from his LP collection! http://www.exotictikiisland.com/

H

It's always so much fun to come here and look.

On 2012-07-29 08:15, hiltiki wrote:
It's always so much fun to come here and look.

Thanks! Appreciate that!

The painting's looking great, Robert!

On 2012-07-29 20:50, Sam Gambino wrote:
The painting's looking great, Robert!

Thanks Sam!

Here's the latest on MARQUESAN ENTWINED

I like it! Nice halo'd moon effect.

On 2012-08-01 19:40, MadDogMike wrote:
I like it! Nice halo'd moon effect.

Thanks Mike! Can't get enough paintings with moons!

Here's Tangaroa #2 in progress for a fellow TC'er!

Going to be live streaming while painting for a bit. My first time out so bear with me! http://livestre.am/42vtc

Gonna try another half hour or so of live streaming! Same link as above.

The streaming is fun....thanks for sharing. Marlene

On 2012-08-05 19:04, VampiressRN wrote:
The streaming is fun....thanks for sharing. Marlene

Thanks! Didn't know Marlene and VampiressRN were one and the same! Hope to work on a clearer more detailed shot for next time!

Tangaroa #2 - sweet! Great dimensional stuff! LOVE it!

I missed the video streaming, hopefully I'll catch it next time.

On 2012-08-06 05:55, MadDogMike wrote:
I missed the video streaming, hopefully I'll catch it next time.

Hey Mike. They get archived at the same address. It's about as exciting as watching paint dry! :D

W

Mmmm, paint!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies