Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

Doing a quick bit of painting on livestream right now http://livestre.am/42vtc

On 2012-08-06 05:30, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
Tangaroa #2 - sweet! Great dimensional stuff! LOVE it!

Thanks Brad!

Thanks for letting us look over your shoulder while you work. That is a fun thing to do and that painting is really turning out great! Amazing detail that you can really pick up on the live stream.

• Dale

On 2012-08-07 18:27, littlegiles wrote:
Thanks for letting us look over your shoulder while you work. That is a fun thing to do and that painting is really turning out great! Amazing detail that you can really pick up on the live stream.

• Dale

Thanks Dale! I'm having fun doing it! Here's the latest...tons of grass and flowers to go!

Oh and I'm also starting work on my first mug. This idea of mine goes back a bit and I hope I can do it justice. A Fisherman God Mug...slowly taking shape! More soon on this one too!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-08-07 18:53 ]

W

Mug MUG MUUUUUUGGGG!!

Haven't had my coffee yet.

Very cool to see you playing in the mud Robert. If you have any questions let me know

Thanks for popping in guys! And Mike, I probably will have several!

As has been the norm lately, I'm juggling a few projects, so all are moving a bit slowly. Worked on this tonight.

Looks like you are going to sculpt it solid and hollow it out when you're done? So far so GREAT!

On 2012-08-09 18:49, MadDogMike wrote:
Looks like you are going to sculpt it solid and hollow it out when you're done? So far so GREAT!

Actually there's a plastic bottle in the middle of it somewhere so it's not solid. I'm working with John Mulder (Mulder 142) on this. So when I'm done with the sculpt it's off to him and he's doing the rest. John's mug's are awesome so I expect this one will be cool!

Took a pic outside. The color is more accurate but a bit strong on the blue side.

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-08-12 07:28 ]

T

Robert, "Tangaroa and the Sea" #2 has found a home here. Beautiful detail, as is typical of your work.

You've become a Renaissance man, creating art in all kinds of media! It's a treat to see the ever changing progression of subjects and art forms.

-Tom

Thank you Tom! It's a lot of fun to work in all these mediums...and often challenging as with this mug I'm working on. But I guess leaving one's comfort zones is something we have to do once in a while.

Here's the latest on the mug. John Mulder gave me the great idea to add a fish!

The mug is coming along great and that fish is hilarious! :lol: Check with John, having him sticking out both ends may complicate the molding process. Cool that you've already got someone lined up to finish the process.

On 2012-08-12 09:05, MadDogMike wrote:
The mug is coming along great and that fish is hilarious! :lol: Check with John, having him sticking out both ends may complicate the molding process. Cool that you've already got someone lined up to finish the process.

That's exactly what John told me....so changes soon! :)

Close to wrapping this one up! More soon!

Love the addition of the extra limb/vine. Really adds some grounding in that corner. Great piece!

On 2012-08-14 19:05, littlegiles wrote:
Love the addition of the extra limb/vine. Really adds some grounding in that corner. Great piece!

Thanks so much! Worked on the mug a bit tonight....it's slow going!

Love it!

Loving the new mug design Zero!!
I'm sure it's going to look awesome when your pau..

oops... double Post but your deserve it.. :wink:

Loving the new mug design Zero!!
I'm sure it's going to look awesome when your pau..

Beach Bumz Maui

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2012-08-17 19:30 ]

M

That's gonna look nice on my shelf. Sweet design for sure! I like boats and Marqs!

Mahalo

McTiki

Thanks Big Kahuna, Beachbumz and McTiki for the comments!

Here's the latest....hope to finish the painting tomorrow night...many more days to go with the mug I think!

ROBERT!!!!! Your painting looked amazing in person at Tiki Oasis! And I got proof that it was there, but I should have got a random pretty girl to take her picture with it instead of me :lol: I look tired here, I took the picture on my way out Saunday after a LONG weekend.

On 2012-08-19 20:55, MadDogMike wrote:
ROBERT!!!!! Your painting looked amazing in person at Tiki Oasis! And I got proof that it was there, but I should have got a random pretty girl to take her picture with it instead of me :lol: I look tired here, I took the picture on my way out Saunday after a LONG weekend.

Ha! Thanks for the pic Mike! You left on "Saunday", huh? You are tired! Rest up!

MARQUESAN ENTWINED
16x20
Acrylic on Canvas

Sold!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-08-20 13:44 ]

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-08-20 13:45 ]

:lol: all 4 days were Sauna Day, it was a little humid in San Diego for the weekend

Quick sketch for what will maybe be my next painting....once I'm done with the mug!

Looks like it is going to be another winner Robert. Can't wait to see it progress.

On 2012-08-22 17:26, littlegiles wrote:
Looks like it is going to be another winner Robert. Can't wait to see it progress.

Thanks! I'll post here when I begin, probably on livestream.

Love that sketch Robert, can't wait to see it frutate (is that a word? :lol: )

On 2012-08-22 17:52, MadDogMike wrote:
Love that sketch Robert, can't wait to see it frutate (is that a word? :lol: )

It may not be a word but I know what you mean! :D Thanks!

It's a rainy, windy day here! Working on my Labor Day Sale. Prints and some original art will be on sale, including some new ones pictured below.

Reworked this cigar box. I was never happy with it, maybe that's why it's the only cigar box painting I hadn't sold. Anyway I'm very happy with it now. Here it is!

TANGAROA OF THE SEAS
6.5 x 7
Acrylic on Cigar Box
$150 shipped within the U.S.

Also make sure to check out the Tiki Tower Labor Day Sale! Details here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=43727&forum=12&0

Added the Tangaroa cigar box to the Tiki Tower store, so it's eligible for the 15% discount!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-09-01 12:31 ]

I'm having some issues with my online store processing the multiple discounts I've offered for the long weekend. So I made the discount 15% off all items, including original art. If your total after discount is over $100 I'll refund your shipping fees via paypal.

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-09-01 12:49 ]

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-09-01 12:50 ]

Hi zerostreet, our wonderful mysterious print arrived yesterday. When we have it framed and hung we'll post a photo. Thank you very much, Wendy and Dan

On 2012-09-01 14:05, danlovestikis wrote:
Hi zerostreet, our wonderful mysterious print arrived yesterday. When we have it framed and hung we'll post a photo. Thank you very much, Wendy and Dan

Thanks Wendy! Glad you guys liked it!

The Tiki Tower Labor Day Sale is over! Big Mahalo to everyone who purchased some art! Most of the prints and shirts went out today, the rest later this week. Now it's time to make some Tangaroa wall mounts!

Hi All,

Been working a few things, including my mug sculpt and still filling orders for Tangaroa wall mounts. Hope to begin my War Canoe painting soon. Here's the latest on the mugs and the Tangaroas in progress!

HT
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.